OT: 2012-13 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
My bad I guess I took the quote out of context, the article made it seem like he was straight up talking trash.

I mean I always liked Grandy, especially for what he's done through his charity for the community.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
he tweeted we're not real fans :rant:

Well, that's not what he said, but regardless.... Yes, there are plenty of real Yankees fans.... by the same token, there are always plenty that aren't. So even if that was what he said (which it wasn't), he wouldn't be 100% incorrect.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Michael Kay ‏@RealMichaelKay
[Pete] Rose on TMKS on ESPN NY 98.7 FM, also thought Robinson Cano was wrong to go to Seattle. "Jay Z got him the $ but also 30 days off in Oct."

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Michael Kay ‏@RealMichaelKay
[Pete] Rose on TMKS on ESPN NY 98.7 FM, also thought Robinson Cano was wrong to go to Seattle. "Jay Z got him the $ but also 30 days off in Oct."

Jay Z got Cano as far out of NY as possible.....Jay Z could take a hike himself
I bet Robbie doesnt mind getting October off...more time to have fun and spend all that money

NJDFan4Life

Jun 25, 2009
Canada
Doesn't Phillips have a big contract? If so Yanks were gonna have to take a large chunk and didn't want to? Not sure.

I think it was just a one for one swap, I know Yankees have interest in Phillips but not at that price tag, but if you ask me, there is not much on the market & Phillips is a better option for 2B then Infante.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Phillips has always been one of my favorite players but his offensive game has really gone downhill the past 2 years.

He didn't even slug .400 this year.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Phillips doesn't get on base at an even decent clip anymore either. That bonehead Dusty used to bat him ahead of Choo at times (and not against lefties where you figure it's understandable since Choo can't hit lefties).

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Rest of Philips' contract takes him from ages 32-35 and is $50m in that span

That could be the reason solely right there and with the declining offensive #s as someone mentioned. I'd prefer Gardner to go for a starting pitcher.

I'd love if we didn't trade him but realistically can't do much else besides throwing him into a deal.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
That could be the reason solely right there and with the declining offensive #s as someone mentioned. I'd prefer Gardner to go for a starting pitcher.

I'd love if we didn't trade him but realistically can't do much else besides throwing him into a deal.

Yea looks like they offered Infante a deal anyway

Also, this gem from Pete Rose

Rose discussed Cano's move to the M's on the Michael Kay Show (ESPN-98.7 FM) Wednesday; and he couldn't help but needle the former Yankee.
"He [Jay Z] got him a big raise, but he got him an extra 30-day vacation -- and it's called October," Rose said.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Cano, "I don't think about the money."

...right

Yanks also lost Boone Logan to the Rockies. He got 3 years/$16.5 mil. Not bad for a relief pitcher.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Looking like Brian Roberts will be a Yankee....

Between him, Ellsbury, an aging Beltran, and the other older guys they have some of which are coming off injury filled seasons....could be ugly injury wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad