2011 Top 30 Prospects

Inigo Montoya

Aug 29, 2008
Newmarket, ON
Tried to make the selections a little bit diffirent than the usual slots users have players pegged in. There are lots of players in this draft that can move up higher or drop lower than expected. Majority of you will disagree with it.

30th overall (VAN) - Daniel Catenacci (Sault Ste.Marie, OHL)
Has blazing speed and quick hands but will likely translate into an energy player at the pro level.

29th overall (TOR via. PHI) - Boone Jenner (Oshawa, OHL)
A fiesty forward that is a monster on the forecheck; average skater.

28th overall (WSH) - Rickard Rackell (Plymouth, OHL)
Speedy and energetic Swede with good passing abilities will fit in with the Caps.

27th overall (DET) - Tomas Jurco (Saint John, OHL)
The skilled and talented Slovak is a typical developmental pick of Ken Holland.

26th overall (SJS) - Jameison Oleksiak (Northeastern, HE)
The Sharks like their huge defenders and take a gamble on this boom or bust defender.

25th overall (PIT) - David Musil (Vancouver, WHL)
Solid all-around defender that needs to work on his skating ability.

24th overall (TOR via. BOS) - Mika Zibanejad (Djurgarden Jr. SWE Jr.)
Skilled and fiesty center slips to the Leafs and their Swedish scout doesn't hesitate.

23rd overall (TBL) - Scott Mayfield (Youngstown, USHL)
All around defender with no glareing weaknesses can make the jump sooner rather than later.

22nd overall (EDM via. LA) - Mark Scheifele (Barrie, OHL)
The skilled 6'3" centre has a big frame to fill out; not far from being NHL ready.

21st overall (PHX) - Ty Rattie (Portland, WHL)
Speedy goal-scorer that needs to work on two-way play and consistency.

20th overall (OTT via. NSH) Matt Puempel (Peterberough, OHL)
Highly skilled forward coming off of surgery needs to work on his own zone play.

19th overall (ANA) - Jonas Brodin (Farjestad, SEL)
Anaheim continues to add to their future d-corps with the two-way Swede.

18th overall (CHI) - Joseph Morrow (Portland, WHL)
Highly skilled defenceman won't need to change the logo on his jersey.

17th overall (MTL) - Joel Armia (Assat Pori, FIN)
Montreal adds much needed size to their forward pool with the skilled Finn.

16th overall (CAL) - Dmitrij Jaskin (Czech)
Solid two-way talent that plays in a Nikolai Kulemin mold.

15th overall (BUF) - Mark McNeill (Prince Albert, WHL)
Sabres select the gritty two-way Raider that has put up surprising numbers on a weak team.

14th overall (DAL) - Nathan Beaulieu (Saint John, QMJHL)
Dallas adds another puck-moving defenceman to their prospect pool.

13th overall (NYR) -Nicklas Jensen (Oshawa, OHL)
The powerforward Dane adds to New York's forward depth.

12th overall (CAR) - Sven Baertschi (Portland, WHL)
Canes have been reluctant to select defenders in the first round so they take the skilled Swiss forward.

11th overall (BOS via. TOR) - Brandon Saad (Saginaw, OHL)
Bruins continue to pick big with the potential powerforward.

10th overall (MIN) - Duncan Siemens (Saskatoon, WHL)
Minnesota adds an all-around defender with lots of potential to their developing defensive core.

9th overall (STL) - Tyler Biggs (USA U-18, USHL)
Blues add the belligerent forward drooling at the potential of Stewart and Biggs in the same lineup.

8th overall (CLB) - Ryan Murphy (Kitchener, OHL)
The highly skilled and mobile defenceman has a deadly shot from the point that could become the future powerplay quarterback for Columbus.

7th overall (ATL) - Dougie Hamilton (Niagra, OHL)
Atlanta adds to their already bright future on "D" with the all-around puck-moving defenceman.

6th overall (NJD) - Sean Couturier (Drummondville, QMJHL)
New Jersey snags the big skilled centre that needs to work on his game-to-game compete level as well as utilizing his huge frame.

5th overall (NYI) - Ryan Strome (Niagra, OHL)
New York adds to their group of young forwards with the super skilled Strome that still needs to bulk up on his frame before becoming an NHL regular; high upside.

4th overall (OTT) - Gabriel Landeskog (Kitchener, OHL)
The Sens continue to add Swedes to their future with the "Swedish Mike Richards"; could jump into the NHL next season.

3rd overall (FLR) - Jonathan Huberdeau (Saint John, QMJHL)
The highly skilled and fast forward could potentially be the best player from this draft; needs to add strength to his frame before ready.

2nd overall (COL) - Adam Larsson (Skelleftea, SEL)
Coloardo selects the Swedish defenceman that is good in almost every area but isn't dominant in one particular facet. Could be another hug minute logger alongside Erik Johnson.

1st overall (EDM) - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Red Deer, WHL)
The Oilers find their number one pivot right in theiir backyard to play between Hall and Eberle; makes the players around him better with superb skillset and passing ability.

Last edited:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Not bad, though, again, everyone of these tends to have Chicago picking a Dman even though they're relatively stacked in that department. They lack Centre and RW depth, aswell as goaltending, but that would likely be taken care of in later rounds.

If Mika Zibanejad is availible then Chicago will more then likely take him, and if not, I could see them taking one of Namestnikov, Jurco, Rakell.

tyler_sens

May 26, 2007
Love the Puempel pick! He's the one guy I want the sens to pick with the Nashville pick. However I think he might be gone by 20, so the sens might need to add one of their 2nd's to move up. Get er done BM.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
No way that big Z falls that far. I like Puempel alot higher than 20th too.

OilerOlli*

Miller has nothing to do at 13. Change him with Zibanejad.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
If Dallas takes Beaulieu I'll flip scheiße.

With the people you have left on the board I'd rather have Mayfield, Zibanejad, Oleksiak, McNeil. Not even taking into consideration I don't like Beaulieus game, I just don't want to go near a Q defencemen in the first 3 rounds ever.

And Miller is about 20-30 spots too high.

GM17*

saintjohn.jpg

Decent list tho.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If we get Landeskog - Puempel/Zibanejad I'll be very, very happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad