2011 Rangers Draft Pick Review

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
`Saad over Miller wouldn't have been a reach at all. At the time there was plenty of justification for it. I'm not upset about it, never was, just saying it wasn't that cut and dry.

I barely watched this year though so i missed most of Miller's coming out season. Still it's not like he turned into an all star here. Considering what was picked not long after him that could be important.

It might end up being a very solid B+ pick when all is said and done. Hindsight should come into play this long after a pick otherwise why go back after time has passed and rate the pick?

St. Croix just went completely backwards in his development. He was a better player overall right after he was drafted then he was just 2 or 3 years later. Don't know if he just wasn't putting the work in or what. Even in the traverse city tourny he was making plays everywhere and looked great.

Looking back the 5 years because HF usually does 5 year review leading up to the current years draft.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
For a two to three week portion of this season it Miller almost single handedly carried this teams offense...the raw talent is undeniable and I still feel he's got more to give...I think it's a damn good pick. A for sure

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Miller pick was excellent. If you were to redraft the first round using only the players who were taken Top 30, Miller would go in the Top 10 for sure. And he's only starting to scratch the surface on what he can do.

Obviously better players were taken in later rounds, but nobody who would have conceivably been drafted at or around where Miller was.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Really liked the Miller pick at the time and fortunately it's panning out.

Right now I'd give it an A-minus, with a chance to be a very solid A if he indeed stays at the 20 goal, 45 point level or higher.

The Tim Erixon move was a solid move at the time, considering Erixon was seen as a first round talent. He was a key part of the Nash trade.

As for McColgan, there was a time he was seen as a potential very high NHL draft pick. Of course his stock fell considerably and it just never really came together. I don't think it was an injury thing, I think the skills just didn't quite add up to a higher end talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad