2011 NHL Draft: Arizona Coyotes sought strength in Saskatchewan

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
connor_murphy_arizona_022916.jpg
Photo: Arizona’s 2011 first-round pick Connor Murphy has developed into an NHL defender, as well as a consistent blueliner for Team USA (courtesy of Jeanine Leech/Icon Sportswire)

</p>The 2010-11 season produced a playoff berth for the Phoenix Coyotes, but one that ended poorly, in a sweep at the hands of the Detroit Red Wings. With that bitter defeat in mind, and having conceded 18 goals in those four games, toughness seemed to be the foremost goal at the draft table. The offensive flair the Coyotes have added in recent years is missing, but some of these players have indeed gone on to help the franchise’s cause.… read more

The post 2011 NHL Draft: Arizona Coyotes sought strength in Saskatchewan appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think rt and I set records in terms of number of posts regarding the Murphy selection. Fun times.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
"Arizona Coyotes sought strength in Saskatchewan ... and didn't find it."

Stupid title.

Harrison Ruopp is a prospect? In his last 45 AHL games, he has 1 point. He played most of the year in the ECHL last season.

Darian Dziurzynski was buried in the bottom of the Coyotes prospect pool when I first moved to town (summer 2013) and bought the Playstation video game in order to learn about the players. He never amounted to much in game, but he spent this past season playing in South Carolina for the Greenville Swamp Rabbits ... so he's got THAT going for him ... which is nice.

That Kessy trade tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad