2011 John Reid Memorial Tourney

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Does BC generally have stronger teams than Alberta? Some Minor Midget teams from Alberta came to the last few Silver Stick tournaments in Whitby, Ontario and they got completely worked over by the Ontario and Detroit teams. Thanks for the input.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
^^^^^This is a bantam tournament. If anyone's wondering why a bantam tournament is relevant: Every year some of the top kids at this tournament are high WHL draft picks in 6 months, and some of them always go on to be high level NHL prospects.

Myself, i'm interested in hearing who the next great WHL'ers are so if Leo, or anyone else, wants to post some thoughts about what they're seeing out there i'd be interested in reading them.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
^^^^^This is a bantam tournament. If anyone's wondering why a bantam tournament is relevant: Every year some of the top kids at this tournament are high WHL draft picks in 6 months, and some of them always go on to be high level NHL prospects.

Myself, i'm interested in hearing who the next great WHL'ers are so if Leo, or anyone else, wants to post some thoughts about what they're seeing out there i'd be interested in reading them.

I'm aware it's a bantam tournament, just a general question as to whether BC produces stronger teams than Alberta, after seeing how badly the teams from Alberta struggled against Ontario and Detroit teams.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Further to Andy's comments re players going on to be top prospects......

I have been attending this tourney since 2000.

You can look at this years crop of prospects for the 2011 NHL draft and see that the likes of
Siemens
Scarlett
St. Croix
Liston
Simpson
McNeill

all played in this tourney in 2008.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad