2011 Goalie

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Was that when they got Marty Turco's rights? Honestly I was a big Turco fan. Not sure how things shake out if we got him because I don't even know if he ever played in the NHL after that but it couldn't have been as bad as Bryz lol

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Was that when they got Marty Turco's rights? Honestly I was a big Turco fan. Not sure how things shake out if we got him because I don't even know if he ever played in the NHL after that but it couldn't have been as bad as Bryz lol

He was offered a contract after the Flyers received permission to talk to him. However, he wanted bigger dollars than what was offered. I don't believe the Flyers actually acquired his rights. They were granted permission.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
He was offered a contract after the Flyers received permission to talk to him. However, he wanted bigger dollars than what was offered. I don't believe the Flyers actually acquired his rights. They were granted permission.
Gotcha. I wasn't sure if it was the year before then after I posted this I couldn't find anything on Google about it right away and thought I was losing my mind.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Gotcha. I wasn't sure if it was the year before then after I posted this I couldn't find anything on Google about it right away and thought I was losing my mind.

Hazy recollection but I think it was after the 2010 Finals that the Flyers were issued permission to discuss contract; however, during that season there were rumblings of a trade and I think Danny Briere's name was most often mentioned. That was due to salary cap constraints.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Vokoun was considered an option and ended up signing with the Capitals for dirt cheap

Vokoun was the guy I personally wanted INSTEAD of the Bryz megadeal.
There were some health concerns though... like blood clots or similar, don't remember. Anyhow he signed for cheap and played reasonably well.

Reactions: Redpath

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad