2011 Draft: Over/Under

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
We've been having a little fun on Twitter with a feature we're doing called Over/Under. Basically we pick a player and pick a spot in the draft and ask whether or not a player will go after that pick or before that pick.

It's been pretty interesting to see what the Twitterverse thinks of some prospects! I'll post what we've done here, but feel free to start your own game in this thread.

Here's what we've done so far:
-Biggs at 22
-Siemens at 15
-Gibson at 30
-Huberdeau at 3
-Oleksiak at 15
-Grimaldi at 13
-Ambroz at 60
-Sproul at 64

We're running it off my Twitter at www.twitter.com/VickersFC

Last edited:

Man Hole Inspector*

Mayfield goes after 28 imo. Not a lot of defenseman get selected right out of the USHL. Being a team mate of Olesniak could help though.

You guys couldn't be more wrong at John Gibson going at #30, Toronto is loaded on goal-tending depth right now. They will most likely use both first rounder on a forward in hope of picking a diamond in the roughh

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
Mayfield goes after 28 imo. Not a lot of defenseman get selected right out of the USHL. Being a team mate of Olesniak could help though.

You guys couldn't be more wrong at John Gibson going at #30, Toronto is loaded on goal-tending depth right now. They will most likely use both first rounder on a forward in hope of picking a diamond in the roughh

Mayfield plays in the USHL in Ohio and is committed to Denver University next year I thought. Oleksiak plays at Northeastern in Boston so I'm not sure how he gave Mayfield some bump.

Also what do you have to support that not a lot of d get drafted out of the USHL? There's only two days a year any players are drafted and last year saw 6 d get drafted out of the USHL in the first sixty picks alone, granted five were from the USA u-18 squad. I mean unless you're an overager there's not much you can do as an American kid, if you're choosing to remain in the States, but play there or for a high school team. Only so many kids can be selected to play for the u-18, who participate in the USHL, and u-17 teams.

Mayfield's slipping isn't because some misguided bias against USHL D, if anything people are disappointed he's stuck on such a poor team in Youngstown. But what league doesn't have teams that are the outliers?

Man Hole Inspector*

Mayfield plays in the USHL in Ohio and is committed to Denver University next year I thought. Oleksiak plays at Northeastern in Boston so I'm not sure how he gave Mayfield some bump.

Also what do you have to support that not a lot of d get drafted out of the USHL? There's only two days a year any players are drafted and last year saw 6 d get drafted out of the USHL in the first sixty picks alone, granted five were from the USA u-18 squad. I mean unless you're an overager there's not much you can do as an American kid, if you're choosing to remain in the States, but play there or for a high school team. Only so many kids can be selected to play for the u-18, who participate in the USHL, and u-17 teams.

Mayfield's slipping isn't because some misguided bias against USHL D, if anything people are disappointed he's stuck on such a poor team in Youngstown. But what league doesn't have teams that are the outliers?

Sorry I'm getting Mayfield completely confused with another player on Jamie Olekniak team for some reason. I worded my sentence about the USHL wrong too. My point was NHL teams have a high tendency to draft out of the OHL over the USHL in certain cases. Mayfield should be a player selected under 28th over but for some reason does not get as much recognition as Oleksiak who honestly doesn't have a huge edge over him.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Biggs at 22 (over)
Siemens at 15 (Under)
Gibson at 30 (Over)
Huberdeau at 3 (Push)
Oleksiak at 15 (Under)
Grimaldi at 13 (Over)
Ambroz at 60 (Over)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Biggs at 22 (over)
Siemens at 15 (Under)
Gibson at 30 (Over)
Huberdeau at 3 (Push)
Oleksiak at 15 (Under)
Grimaldi at 13 (Over)
Ambroz at 60 (Over)

Siemens and Grimaldi are a bit suprising.. I would be so happy if Edmonton could trade up to get Siemens.

Oct 15, 2008
Puempel is known to be a goal scorer and I believe the fact he was on a poor Petes team ddin't help him... I don't think he'll get past Ottawa, Anaheim or Edmonton... So he will go under 23....

Mark Mcneil at 16...

Edmonton wont be taking Puempel at 19.

McNeill will go before 16 imo.

Jaskin at 26........

Oilmageddon*

Biggs at 22 (over)
Siemens at 15 (Under)
Gibson at 30 (Over)
Huberdeau at 3 (Push)
Oleksiak at 15 (Under)
Grimaldi at 13 (Over)
Ambroz at 60 (Over)

Over
under
over
under
under
over
under

maxpenguins6630

Apr 13, 2004
I think Jenner will go in the early 2nd round. Maybe at 33?

Ty Rattie at 28.

I am one the biggest fan of Ty Rattie so I say he will go under 28... Hopefullly at 23 to the Penguins... He is speedy, great vision and passing and he can shoot! Might be a lesser version of Claude Giroux...

Nathan Beaulieu at 9...

leafsfan1990

Jul 22, 2009
Sarnia
I am one the biggest fan of Ty Rattie so I say he will go under 28... Hopefullly at 23 to the Penguins... He is speedy, great vision and passing and he can shoot! Might be a lesser version of Claude Giroux...

Nathan Beaulieu at 9...

over I think he'll go between 10-15.

Brett Ritchie at 27

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
-Biggs at 22 (over)
-Siemens at 15 (under)
-Gibson at 30 (over)
-Huberdeau at 3 -push
-Oleksiak at 15 (under)
-Grimaldi at 13 (over)
-Ambroz at 60 (under)

I think Biggs will be a solid NHLer but see him being chosen in picks 25-35. He doesn't have that high potential. More of a sure thing solid 3rd liner.

Siemens will be chosen in picks 9-12 IMO. Solid defensemen, see him being picked beside Beaulieu in terms of dmen. I say Boston, Colorado or Calgary.

I don't see Gibson being chosen first round. Early second for the first goalie chosen.

Hurbedeau will go to Florida IMO, which slots right as the 3rd pick.

Oleksiak is tricky, he may be 10-14 or could be 16-20. Just a guess someone will be tempted seeing how a Myers or Chara or even Aulie can play in this league.

Grimaldi has all the tools but not the size for top 13. See Schroeder.

Ambroz had too much hype to slide into round 3 IMO, still see some potential in the kid, just needs to up his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad