2011 CHL Top Prospects Game - Skills Competition

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Do they still do the skills testing? The results used to be available to the public every year, but I haven't seen them anywhere for the past few years. As a draftnik, it was great to see EVERYONE's results (plus puck control and the 60' and 150' dash times), not just those who happened to win their event at the skills competition.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Too bad they don't have an overall competition for each event.
I know that there probably were better contestants for the hardest shot from the OHL than were selected.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Was there last night. Was only a couple thousand (I think) there. The evening kind of dragged on, and the blond gal and Dennis Beyak were pretty annoying.

Was really looking forward to the 3-on-3 but they screwed that up by having timed shifts. Which lead to the buzzer going off on breakaways, odd man rushes etc.

Another puzzling aspect was having three girls as judges for the breakway competition. I guess it made too much sense to have some of the ex pro's judging it?

Oh well, tonights game should be great.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Was there last night. Was only a couple thousand (I think) there. The evening kind of dragged on, and the blond gal and Dennis Beyak were pretty annoying.

Was really looking forward to the 3-on-3 but they screwed that up by having timed shifts. Which lead to the buzzer going off on breakaways, odd man rushes etc.

Another puzzling aspect was having three girls as judges for the breakway competition. I guess it made too much sense to have some of the ex pro's judging it?

Oh well, tonights game should be great.

The 17/18 year old kids would rather impress girls at that age then Pro Hockey players and scouts :sarcasm:

Too bad they don't have an overall competition for each event.
I know that there probably were better contestants for the hardest shot from the OHL than were selected.

They do have full skill tests for all the participants. They used to publish those results for all the players afterwards as well but when they introduced this all-star style skills competition a few years back, they unfortunately stopped doing that. This is probably more fun for the casual fan, but I wish they'd still release those results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad