2011 -2012 Pens' tickets Buy, Sell or Trade thread

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Someone already was asking about tickets for a specific date so thought may as well start this one early. It usually gets sticked on the top and gets pretty well used. A great way to help fellow board members out, and a way to get tickets for less than the broker prices.

The rules are the usual, buy, sell or trade, but by HF rules you can not ask for more than face on the tickets for obvious reasons.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Since I moved this to the official ticket thread, here was the discussion from the prior one:

My Birthday is on Dec29th and thats when Jagr & Talbot make their return to Pittsburgh and I have to be there, I assume it will sell out quickly.. and I wanna get my tickets right away..

When about do the tickets go on sale?

When you get a 6 figure salary and can afford season tickets that will be available to you in 2020.

But seriously, they usually go on sale late in September... I think. But they are just left overs from what wasn't bought by season ticket holders.

I have not even gotten my season tickets yet.

That said, you may have a good chance right here. We annually put up a buy, sell and trade thread where people can do just that, buy, sell or trade. As long as the price does not exceed what was paid for them HF allows it. Hmm, I may start that thread now, just for you.

ds246pit

Dec 21, 2006
Question about the tickets themselves. My wife and I are planning a trip to see 2 games in the winter like we do each season. This year we will be bringing our daughter who will be roughly 7 or 8 months old depending on when we go.

My question is do we need to buy a ticket for her since she is under a year old? I'm not sure what the Penguins rules are concerning children that young.

If anyone knows the answer i'd appreciate it as we are looking to order them soon.

Thanks!

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Question about the tickets themselves. My wife and I are planning a trip to see 2 games in the winter like we do each season. This year we will be bringing our daughter who will be roughly 7 or 8 months old depending on when we go.

My question is do we need to buy a ticket for her since she is under a year old? I'm not sure what the Penguins rules are concerning children that young.

If anyone knows the answer i'd appreciate it as we are looking to order them soon.

Thanks!

Children under the age of 2 do not require a ticket to attend a Pittsburgh Penguins home game provided they sit on the lap of an adult throughout the game. Any child who has celebrated their 2nd birthday will need a ticket to enter the building.

http://www.consolenergycenter.com/default.asp?consol=72&urlkeyword=FAQs

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
This may have been asked already but I am planning on possibly stopping through the Burgh for a game, on my way out east this fall. Are there any decent hotels (that you've stayed at or would recommend) that are walking distance from the arena, and that aren't too hard to find from the highway? Talking something in the $80-120/night ballpark...

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
That link had some good info for me too, so thanks doubly. Speaking of which anyone stay at the Double Tree before (Bigelow Square)? Looks like a short walk to the arena from there and some good restaurants nearby maybe?

Bigelow Grille
Tia's Wok and private massage
Shale's Cafe
5th Ave Cafe

Any good places / good value? I consider the happy ending an extra at most eating establishments so just good food for the money will suffice.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I'd suggest going the Expedia, etc route on the hotels. Since they are located in the city, they probably charge more than you'd expect, but, especially on a mid-week night, I'd think you could get pretty cheap through a discount site.

Shales is basically a bar. Not that it's a bad thing, but more bar than restaurant.

Alot of people swear by Pizza Milano for pregame, along 5th Avenue a few blocks from the arena.

Cafe 5th Ave is pretty good, but it packs quickly for pregame. Steps from the arena.

Along the same block is The Souper Bowl. Pretty much bar food, but cheap and decent, and literally across the street from the arena.

Anytime somebody asks me for a recommendation before the game, I always suggest Papa J's. On the Blvd of the Allies, it's about 8 blocks from the arena. It's walkable, if you've leave yourself plenty of time. I've had season tix since 03-04, and Flex 10's and all those other variations prior. My wife and I have been going there for 10+ years now. We get the same waiter (Frank) just about everytime. He knows us and the kids (now 7 and 4) when we walk in the door, and stands at our table BS-ing about the Pens, Steelers and Pittsburgh in general. And the food is good. Nothing over the top, simple Italian, but you won't leave hungry. And regularly, we leave with 1-2 loaves of the bread they make on site.

http://www.papajs.com/

Centro is the downtown location.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Someone should bump, or link here, that thread that was stickied which gave advice on places to eat and/or stay while in town. It had some great information for people visiting.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'd suggest going the Expedia, etc route on the hotels. Since they are located in the city, they probably charge more than you'd expect, but, especially on a mid-week night, I'd think you could get pretty cheap through a discount site.

Shales is basically a bar. Not that it's a bad thing, but more bar than restaurant.

Alot of people swear by Pizza Milano for pregame, along 5th Avenue a few blocks from the arena.

Cafe 5th Ave is pretty good, but it packs quickly for pregame. Steps from the arena.

Along the same block is The Souper Bowl. Pretty much bar food, but cheap and decent, and literally across the street from the arena.

Anytime somebody asks me for a recommendation before the game, I always suggest Papa J's. On the Blvd of the Allies, it's about 8 blocks from the arena. It's walkable, if you've leave yourself plenty of time. I've had season tix since 03-04, and Flex 10's and all those other variations prior. My wife and I have been going there for 10+ years now. We get the same waiter (Frank) just about everytime. He knows us and the kids (now 7 and 4) when we walk in the door, and stands at our table BS-ing about the Pens, Steelers and Pittsburgh in general. And the food is good. Nothing over the top, simple Italian, but you won't leave hungry. And regularly, we leave with 1-2 loaves of the bread they make on site.

http://www.papajs.com/

Centro is the downtown location.

Great advice. I was thinking of that Pizza place too. Thanks!

InSidWeTrust

Nov 8, 2006
Both Pre-Season Games For Sale

I'll be selling a pair of tickets to both pre-season games that were made available to season ticket holders. The games are:

Wed. Sept. 21 vs. Detroit
Thu. Sept. 22 vs. Chicago

The seats are in section 120, Row P.

The price I paid the Pens is $91.25 per ticket. Since these are pre-season games I'm making it buy one get one free so let's just say $91 for each pair.

I won't have the tickets in hand for another month, but if you are interested in going to these games we ca make the arrangements now and exchange tickets/cash at that time. Please PM me if you are interested.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
At times I may have some of our Steeler tickets available for face price. Certainly the preseason games, but regular season. We have four tickets, and among several families something like twenty together. If anyone is inteterested will post them here when I have them. Pens tickets as well, I have half of a season's worth of those and will post them if they become available.

penslover871

Jul 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
At times I may have some of our Steeler tickets available for face price. Certainly the preseason games, but regular season. We have four tickets, and among several families something like twenty together. If anyone is inteterested will post them here when I have them. Pens tickets as well, I have half of a season's worth of those and will post them if they become available.

Of course I'm interested in Pens tickets, but I'm real interested in the Steeler tickets. My friend and I are trying to get to a game this year since we've never been to one. Let me know. :)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Of course I'm interested in Pens tickets, but I'm real interested in the Steeler tickets. My friend and I are trying to get to a game this year since we've never been to one. Let me know. :)

If you want any of the preseason games, I could ask how much for them, likely at some sort of discount. Like this thursday's game. And will post here for regular season games. We are on the upper level, yellow seats, second row behind the overhang. We had a choice of the lower seats when we first bought all of them (in 1971) but liked these much more as the view is great.

Bob1321

Feb 13, 2008
Hello, I'm from Quebec city, me and some friends want to make a roadtrip to Pittsburgh in January.

Can I buy tickets easily on ticketmaster or its sold out every times like in MTL.
When the January tickets will be sold?

Thank you

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Hello, I'm from Quebec city, me and some friends want to make a roadtrip to Pittsburgh in January.

Can I buy tickets easily on ticketmaster or its sold out every times like in MTL.

Thank you

Depends on the game but your best bet is to buy them as soon as they go on sale. They typically only sell 2,000 per game since the rest are for season ticket holders, packages, etc. I usually go to 2-3 games a year and buy my tickets within minutes of going on sale. If memory serves me correctly, they usually go on sale in early to mid September.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site

Thank you

There will be seats available via Ticketmaster on the ticket-exchange. But you'll pay a premium.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
I'm selling my pair in Section 109 (second-to-last row) for next week's Detroit game at STH face value. I forget what the specific ticket cost is this year, but it's about $91 per.

If anyone's interested, PM me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad