Schenn - Patrice Bergeron
Cormier - Fisher
Schroeder - Gionta

You being sarcastic?

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Already mentioned in a different thread but:

Cormier = Holik

Tough, nasty, a little dirty, good faceoff skills and the ability to chip in offensivesly.

27theROCK

Jan 22, 2003
Visit site
I am not sure why a couple people have really taken a distain for the Tedenby - Perry
reference I and another have made.

Sure he isnt 6'3'' but I am pretty sure the thread is style of play comparison not same size comparison. Anyone who has seen Tedenby play see that you have an offensive kid who has a very chippy side to his game. Tedenby isnt afraid to get dirty with his stick, elbow etc or chirp to get under someones skin. To mean he is exactly a mini Perry.

I would love to see who you guys think he compares to because I dont think im bang on but to me that was a pretty close comparison.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
sorry i was not referring to ur post, i must have missed the granlund kane part. tsn likens him to saku because he brings a physicality to his game

pierre mcguire mentioned it again this morning the saku comparison to grandlund...

Jun 22, 2009
Jordan Eberle: Zach Paraise
Jordan Schroder: Brain Gionta
Ryan Ellis: A more skilled Marc Andre Bergeron
Anton Lander: Doug Wieght
Magnus Pajaarvi Svenson: Hossa
Taylor Hall: Rick Nash

Johnstarks

Feb 4, 2008
I think some of you are way to optimistic lol I know its style of play... but you guys make it sound like everyone playing in the WJC will be a regular NHLer... Vatanen to Doughty... wow lol

Heres my take for what its worth (players I think will be NHLers):

Filatov: Mogilny
Ryan Ellis : Phil Housley
Hartikainen: Holmstrom
Brayden Schenn: Keith Primeau
Dmitry Orlov: Andrei Markov
Jacob Markstrom: Henrik Lundqvist
Paajarvi: Poor man's Forsberg
Della Rovere: Sean Avery
Mattias Tedenby: Mats Naslund
Jordan Eberle: Bryan Little
Cormier: John Madden
Gabriel Bourque: Benoit Brunet
Taylor Hall: Pavel Bure
Vatanen: Pitkanen
Ekman-Larsson: Enstrom

Corvin

Apr 6, 2008
Adam Larsson - Shea Weber (if he can improve his physicality a bit)
Ekman-Larsson - Lidstrom
M. Johansson - Zetterberg
Kruger - H. Sedin
Tedenby - St. Louis

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Adam Larsson - Shea Weber (if he can improve his physicality a bit)
Ekman-Larsson - Lidstrom
M. Johansson - Plekanec
Kruger - Zetterberg
Tedenby - Fleury

In my opinion!

Tedenby is difficult. Amazing speed and stickhandling and have a little grit and feist in him.

Corvin

Apr 6, 2008
In my opinion!

Tedenby is difficult. Amazing speed and stickhandling and have a little grit and feist in him.

Interesting!

I see your point on Tedenby, he sure has a feistiness to his game comparable to Theo's, though Theo had a better shot. Tedenby is by no means a finished product though and he'll improve further.

Kruger has elite hockey-sense but lacks the skating ability of Zetterberg imo, Johansson can fly over the ice though and contribute in all three zones.

Ekman-Larsson - Lidstrom, I'm sure you've heard of. But what do you think of A. Larsson compared to Weber? If Adam can improve his physicality like I wrote, I don't think it's that far off.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Interesting!

I see your point on Tedenby, he sure has a feistiness to his game comparable to Theo's, though Theo had a better shot. Tedenby is by no means a finished product though and he'll improve further.

Kruger has elite hockey-sense but lacks the skating ability of Zetterberg imo, Johansson can fly over the ice though and contribute in all three zones.

Ekman-Larsson - Lidstrom, I'm sure you've heard of. But what do you think of A. Larsson compared to Weber? If Adam can improve his physicality like I wrote, I don't think it's that far off.

True, but Zetterberg isn't really an elite skater though. He's strong on the puck and good in all three zones which is true for Krüger too. He and Josefson was the first PK pair vs Switzerland last game I think. However Zetterberg is a special player and it's hard to compare players to him.

Yeah Shea Weber sure, just need to get a bit more 'complete' and to add, Weber is 6'4, 230

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad