2010-11 Line Combos

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Let me think here...
Downie-Stamkos-St. Louis
Malone-Lecavalier-Purcell
Those two lines would get mixed a bit from what I remember....
Bergenheim-Moore-Gagne(?)
Tyrell-Hall-Insert name here
Wright, Ritola, Jones were also in there at points throughout the year but I don't think they make it to the playoff roster.

2010-11 Tampa Bay Lightning Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

These names got mixed up a LOT, though. Guy loved to rotate guys in and out with Lecavalier to get him rolling. Gagne spent a bit of time up there with him.

Reactions: MattM92

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Let me think here...
Downie-Stamkos-St. Louis
Wright, Ritola, Jones were also in there at points throughout the year but I don't think they make it to the playoff roster.

These names got mixed up a LOT, though. Guy loved to rotate guys in and out with Lecavalier to get him rolling. Gagne spent a bit of time up there with him.
How about the d pairs?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Let me think here...
Downie-Stamkos-St. Louis

Downie was with Moore and Bergenheim, they were incredible together. St.Louis was with Stammer and Gagne was with Lecavalier. Purcell was mostly with VL and Malone mostly with Stamkos, they floated between the those two groups. D pairings were Brewer-Hedman and Kubina-Ohlund until Kubina got hurt, than Clark was on the second pairing with Jones and MAB rounding out the bottom 6.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
You forgot Lundin. Jones barely played. I think you're right about the forwards though.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I agree with Rschmitz. IIrc Vinny and Marty were together a lot in the Pittsburgh series

fwiw the lines for Game 7 vs Boston:

Gagne - Lecavalier - Purcell
Downie - Stamkos - St. Louis
Malone - Moore - (Blair) Jones
Tyrell - Thompson - Hall

Ohlund - Brewer
Hedman - Clark
Lundin - Bergeron

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
What stands out most for me was the Downie-Moore-Bergenheim line that got us past game 6 and 7 against Pittsburgh. There have been some dominant individual performances, but I've never seen such a dominant line in our playoff history. Seemed at the time unwise to break up Downie from Stammer but what a great decision it turned out to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad