2008 Draft List

Default101

ok this will probably go through when you get the next batch of trades but for the record

i have... 37th, 67th,

i don't have.. 93rd, 173rd

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Pittsburg - SJ Future Considerations

I don't believe Jovanovski was signed or traded by Pittsburg, therefore I believe Pittsburg is to receive a SJ 2nd round pick in 2008. Since they don't have their own, that would be BUF's 2nd Rd pick.

To PIT: D Ed Jovanovski, Future Considerations *
To SJS: D Mike Commodore

* If Jovanovski does not re-sign with Pittburgh after 2007-08, Pittsburgh receives SJS 2nd 2008.
If San Jose has more than one 2nd round pick, Pittsburgh has the right to choose which pick.
If Jovanovski is traded before he is a UFA, the Future Considerations are void.

If anyone disagrees, please send emails to [email protected].

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I don't believe Jovanovski was signed or traded by Pittsburg, therefore I believe Pittsburg is to receive a SJ 2nd round pick in 2008. Since they don't have their own, that would be BUF's 2nd Rd pick.

* If Jovanovski does not re-sign with Pittburgh after 2007-08, Pittsburgh receives SJS 2nd 2008.
If San Jose has more than one 2nd round pick, Pittsburgh has the right to choose which pick.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that SJS 2nd 08 is now mine because Pittsburgh dealt it to me in the Bryzgalov/Erat deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North

Hmm. Sort of odd that the compensation would come before free agency. I mean, Pittsburgh could technically sign Jovocop after the draft, but before July 1st, and sitll have used the pick, no?

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Hmm. Sort of odd that the compensation would come before free agency. I mean, Pittsburgh could technically sign Jovocop after the draft, but before July 1st, and sitll have used the pick, no?

Obviously I was not in on the original deal or the future considerations involving that 2nd...but it's not as odd if you understand it another way.

If the FC are understood to mean that Pittsburgh gets SJS' 2nd but it must be returned if Jovocop is signed, then the fact SJS' 2nd has been moved simply means Pittsburgh is no longer capable of signing Jovocop. In a weird way it's kind of like you can't go after an RFA unless you have the compensation available should your offer not be matched.

(In other words, you're not taking that 2nd back :P)

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I am a little confused on how that 2nd could be traded before the free agency period is over - it shouldn't have passed over to Pittsburgh until the draft (really until next year, but given it was specified as the 2008 pick, one can assume they have up until the draft to make the move).

Of course, if Pittsburgh has gone on record as saying they are letting Jovocop walk, I guess that's ok.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I got San Joses 6th in the Bobby Holik trade.

To CAR: C Bobby Holik
To TAM: SJS 6th 2008

I also got another 7th in the Curtis Joseph trade, that trade has been confirmed by the league but its not on the trade log yet.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I am a little confused on how that 2nd could be traded before the free agency period is over - it shouldn't have passed over to Pittsburgh until the draft (really until next year, but given it was specified as the 2008 pick, one can assume they have up until the draft to make the move).

Of course, if Pittsburgh has gone on record as saying they are letting Jovocop walk, I guess that's ok.

The only logic thing to do here is Pittsburg sends the right of Jovo back to SJ and in return receives 2nd rd pick from SJ.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The only logic thing to do here is Pittsburg sends the right of Jovo back to SJ and in return receives 2nd rd pick from SJ.

Yeah really odd trade. I already reflected it in the draft order because the SJS 2 2008 apppeared to be owned by Pittsburgh already. So I just assumed that this FC deal had been taken care of. Can Robb or Pasi confirm that the SJS 2 was owned by Pittsburgh because of the Jovo FC's, or whether the 2nd was acquired through another trade at a different time, and that this trade and it's Future considerations still need to be met?

If the 2nd was transfered as part of the Jovo deal, then I think the easiest thing to do would simply be allow Pitt to keep that 2nd (which they have since dealt to Vancouver), and put a restriction on Pittsburgh from signing Jovonovski in the FA period.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
K folks, the draft order has been updates again with the new batch of updates by Sean to the trade log.

Please check to make sure everything is correct as the draft is fast approaching.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland

Draft is before Free Agency?

then it seems that i have to make trade with Pittsburgh which sends Buffalo 2nd to him for Jovacop rights.

if that is ok for Pittsburgh GM?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Draft is before Free Agency?

then it seems that i have to make trade with Pittsburgh which sends Buffalo 2nd to him for Jovacop rights.

if that is ok for Pittsburgh GM?

Yep, draft has always been before Free Agency - in both the NHL and HFNHL.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If any help is needed with the live draft or the mail-in list draft...let me know. I would be glad to help

Greg

Last edited:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
There was just another trade that came through, Brock. Updated the trade log and sim files probably just as you were making the latest update.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad