2006 eligible QMJHL players

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe sacco

Sep 30, 2005
any information on these players would be appreciated. strengths, weaknesses, potential, projected draft position. these are the top 10 qmjhl skaters according to the central scouting bureau's preliminary rankings.

01. derick brassard, c, drummondville
02. james sheppard, c, cape breton
03. ryan hillier, lw, halifax
04. bryce swan, rw, halifax
05. joe ryan, d, quebec
06. mathieu carle, d, acadie-bathurst
07. francois bouchard, rw, baie comeau
08. benjamin breault, c, baie comeau
09. ivan vishnevskiy, d, rouyn noranda
10. james pouliot, c, halifax

goaltenders

01. jonathan bernier, lewiston
02. jean blanchard, moncton
03. bobby nadeau, val d'or

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
LaLaLaprise said:

Where do you think Frechette and Legault will go in the draft? Same for Poulin.

Who would you rather draft, Vishnevskiy or Carle? I haven't seen Vishevskiy yet, trying to get a feel for where he will go in the draft and if the Habs would be interested in getting him.

Do you think Eric Castonguay of Lewiston will get drafted?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
montreal said:
Where do you think Frechette and Legault will go in the draft? Same for Poulin.

Who would you rather draft, Vishnevskiy or Carle? I haven't seen Vishevskiy yet, trying to get a feel for where he will go in the draft and if the Habs would be interested in getting him.

Do you think Eric Castonguay of Lewiston will get drafted?

Frechette is on the top pairing in Drummondville now that is back from the injury he had which forced him to miss the 1st half. I always liked him, i say around 3rd or 4th round.

Legault, the kid was wicked at 15 and at 17 he hasnt improved as much as id hoped. He has kind of plateaued a bit. He will fall in the draft, to the late rounds in my opinion.

Poulin is a big kid, good skill set and he is having a good rookie year in the Q. Himn being a 6'04 200 lb center with good skating i cant see him lasting too long past the mid round.

Vishnevsky vs. Carle --- easily Vishnevsky. Neither are exactly physical but Vishnevsky is very talented and is a much better skater. Only really concernt with Vish is that he sometimes bails on plays when he knows hes going to get crushed.

Castonguay's draft year was 2005, i dont think he will get picked this year because he hasnt shown a big improvement, plus not getting picked last year will hurt him. Im sure he will get a camp invite and perhaps a contract down the road. I like his game but he wont be drafted more than likely.

Anything else?

joe sacco

Sep 30, 2005
seems like the mooseheads have a ton of players who could potentially go in the upcoming draft. they are doing very well considering they have a pretty young core of players. i've only seen a couple of games so far this year myself so i can't really comment on the players but to la la laprise or anybody else who has seen a lot of Q games: where do u see hillier, swan and bodnarchuk going? i see hillier was ranked third out of Q skaters when the preliminary rankings came out, and from talking to people have heard he has played very well...potential second rounder?

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
LaLaLaprise said:
Castonguay's draft year was 2005, i dont think he will get picked this year because he hasnt shown a big improvement, plus not getting picked last year will hurt him. Im sure he will get a camp invite and perhaps a contract down the road. I like his game but he wont be drafted more than likely.
He has a late birthday and wasn't eligible last year.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
since he's not even on most scouting radars (right now... he will be) i hope the coyotes take a mid-late round chance on brad marchand if he's still there. they likely wouldn't though cause he's not 8-foot-40. it's a homer pick i'll admit, but i really like his skill and work ethic. IMO he should be a top 10 Q prospect, if not top 5.

neg marron

Mar 1, 2002
gatineau quebec
www.rds.ca
vanier

joe sacco said:
any information on these players would be appreciated. strengths, weaknesses, potential, projected draft position. these are the top 10 qmjhl skaters according to the central scouting bureau's preliminary rankings.

01. derick brassard, c, drummondville
02. james sheppard, c, cape breton
03. ryan hillier, lw, halifax
04. bryce swan, rw, halifax
05. joe ryan, d, quebec
06. mathieu carle, d, acadie-bathurst
07. francois bouchard, rw, baie comeau
08. benjamin breault, c, baie comeau
10. james pouliot, c, halifax

goaltenders

01. jonathan bernier, lewiston
02. jean blanchard, moncton
03. bobby nadeau, val d'or

where does vincent vanier fit in

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Chootoi said:
since he's not even on most scouting radars (right now... he will be) i hope the coyotes take a mid-late round chance on brad marchand if he's still there. they likely wouldn't though cause he's not 8-foot-40. it's a homer pick i'll admit, but i really like his skill and work ethic. IMO he should be a top 10 Q prospect, if not top 5.
He's on the radar- every NHL team has any and every half-decent CHL player well tuned on to the radar. Every CHL team with a draft prospect will be seen at least 10 times by every NHL team and scouts at the games will be more than aware as to who the 2006 draft eligible guys are.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
LaLaLaprise said:
Frechette is on the top pairing in Drummondville now that is back from the injury he had which forced him to miss the 1st half. I always liked him, i say around 3rd or 4th round.

Legault, the kid was wicked at 15 and at 17 he hasnt improved as much as id hoped. He has kind of plateaued a bit. He will fall in the draft, to the late rounds in my opinion.

Poulin is a big kid, good skill set and he is having a good rookie year in the Q. Himn being a 6'04 200 lb center with good skating i cant see him lasting too long past the mid round.

Vishnevsky vs. Carle --- easily Vishnevsky. Neither are exactly physical but Vishnevsky is very talented and is a much better skater. Only really concernt with Vish is that he sometimes bails on plays when he knows hes going to get crushed.

Anything else?

Thanks for the info. :yo: :handclap:

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002

Will be a NHL D man for sure.
This guy have so much talent.
Great passer, good skating, good vision.

Draft this guy!

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
august said:
DO you think Mathieu Roy will be draft this year?

I was so surprised when nobody take him last year.

he should be picked, but if not i'm sure someone will sign him as an FA.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
joe sacco said:
seems like the mooseheads have a ton of players who could potentially go in the upcoming draft. they are doing very well considering they have a pretty young core of players. i've only seen a couple of games so far this year myself so i can't really comment on the players but to la la laprise or anybody else who has seen a lot of Q games: where do u see hillier, swan and bodnarchuk going? i see hillier was ranked third out of Q skaters when the preliminary rankings came out, and from talking to people have heard he has played very well...potential second rounder?

Hillier -- Probably late 2nd round
Bodnarchuk -- late 3rd or early 4th
Swan -- if he keeps getting hurt like he has doing probably 6th or 7th round

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
What's Ryan Mior's chances of getting drafted this year. His numbers are'nt too bad for the team he's playing on plus he's playing a ton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad