LA vs. SJ (West Coast ONLY, 3 PM PT)

4/8, 1:00 PM
CHI vs. DAL
NYI vs. NJ
BUF vs. PHI

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some interesting selections on there. Nice to see NBC broadening out to include games that don't include one of the Flyers, Rangers, Avalanche or Red Wings in it. Including a Blackhawks/Blue Jackets game? :amazed:

Guy Legend

Jun 2, 2005
St. Louis
Also interesting to see that the games have been moved to Sundays. A wise decision, as most casual sports fans are programed to watch sports on Sunday afternoons....

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
By the way, Florida, Minnesota, Nashville and Phoenix are the only teams that don't appear.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I just wish they'd let us choose which ones to see, but they only show it on the one channel even tho I have digital cable with msnbc

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
By the way, Florida, Minnesota, Nashville and Phoenix are the only teams that don't appear.

They are not the only teams that don't appear- no Canadian teams or much at all of western teams. I am a Yotes fan and they get not even one game on NBC and are completely out. Of course you have to have 11 Pens games to show Crosby between OLN and NBC- too much emphasis on the eastern teams in my opinion.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Also interesting to see that the games have been moved to Sundays. A wise decision, as most casual sports fans are programed to watch sports on Sunday afternoons....

Yes it is a wise decision BUT some of these will have to compete with ABC NBA games and NASCAR on FOX on some of those dates.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Yes it is a wise decision BUT some of these will have to compete with ABC NBA games and NASCAR on FOX on some of those dates.

There is never going to be a time when there is not competition from some other sport- even during the playoffs you are competing with the NBA playoffs. Baseball really has it the luckiest in the summer for the most part.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
wow (really).

I'll mark my calendar for games that are televised after the season is 3 months old.

NBC isn't really beating down the NHL's door demanding to broadcast more games are they?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
wow (really).

I'll mark my calendar for games that are televised after the season is 3 months old.

NBC isn't really beating down the NHL's door demanding to broadcast more games are they?

Why would NBC broadcast games during the Pro and college football seasons? That would be like pissing in the wind.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Why would NBC broadcast games during the Pro and college football seasons? That would be like pissing in the wind.

Wat are u talking bout josh College football will over by the time the NHL On NBC starts and the NFL Playoffs will showing later in the day when the games are finishing up.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Wat are u talking bout josh College football will over by the time the NHL On NBC starts and the NFL Playoffs will showing later in the day when the games are finishing up.

Read the poster I quoted. Who complained that they don't start the broadcast schedule until 3 months into the season. I pointed out why the waited until three months in. They would get pummeled by pro and college football during the first 3 months of the NHL season. You thought I was worried about football as ratings competion in Jan-April? :biglaugh: I'm dumb but not that dumb :dunce:

puck57

Dec 21, 2004

Yea, hockey is the only sport that has half its season not aired because it conflicts with another sport or sports. :madfire: :shakehead

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Yea, hockey is the only sport that has half its season not aired because it conflicts with another sport or sports. :madfire: :shakehead

The NBA does as well. ABC has a christmas day game and then doesn't have a telecast until Jan 21.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Not to mention baseball, which Fox doesn't start Game of the Week coverage until Memorial Day, when the season is already two months old.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

I agree with you. I'm just pointing out that hockey is so weak, they can't even get weekend games during football season.

I mean on Saturday, college football is not on ALL networks at the same time is it? CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, OLN (I don't really want to count OLN yet because I will not pay more $$ for it) are not broadcasting football at the same time.

The NHL can't market itself at all? Last year didn't the NHL basically give their broadcast rights to NBC and any payments to the NHL would be based on NBC's ratings, which were about zero?

Why not try to get a similar "deal" (on any basic channel) from Oct - Jan, for those bored college football fans watching a boring 55-10 blowout, then they might change channels and stumble onto hockey and actually like it. (one can only dream right?)

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
I agree with you. I'm just pointing out that hockey is so weak, they can't even get weekend games during football season.

I mean on Saturday, college football is not on ALL networks at the same time is it? CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, OLN (I don't really want to count OLN yet because I will not pay more $$ for it) are not broadcasting football at the same time.

The NHL can't market itself at all? Last year didn't the NHL basically give their broadcast rights to NBC and any payments to the NHL would be based on NBC's ratings, which were about zero?

Why not try to get a similar "deal" (on any basic channel) from Oct - Jan, for those bored college football fans watching a boring 55-10 blowout, then they might change channels and stumble onto hockey and actually like it. (one can only dream right?)

To answer the question -- YES. (and this is just ABC/ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnTopics?topic=Football&watch=CollegeFootball

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

I thnk this is more of a case of how strong football (in this case college) is. No sport runs network games during this time. MLB has practically 0 national broadcast games on FOX during september on Saturdays, (I think it is only 2 the last 2 weeks of the season but before that FOX takes a break) and that is the stretch run of it's season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad