2005 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebedom

Nov 27, 2003
Here is an idea ... they use last season's final regular season ranking with the lottery again to determine who gets the first pick. After all 30 teams have picked then the team that picked 30 also gets 31, 29 picks 32 and so on. So Wash as an example would pick first overall then 60. If Pittsburgh is 2nd they then pick 61.

If Calgary wins the Stanley Cup they pick 30 and 31 and you continue this for every round.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
rebedom said:
Here is an idea ... they use last season's final regular season ranking with the lottery again to determine who gets the first pick. After all 30 teams have picked then the team that picked 30 also gets 31, 29 picks 32 and so on. So Wash as an example would pick first overall then 60. If Pittsburgh is 2nd they then pick 61.

If Calgary wins the Stanley Cup they pick 30 and 31 and you continue this for every round.

I like the way you think. :cheers:

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
How about all we do, is, reverse the top 6 picks in the draft? The team that drafts #6 this year, gets the #1 pick next year. I like that idea, what do you guys think?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Broadway Crosby said:
How about all we do, is, reverse the top 6 picks in the draft? The team that drafts #6 this year, gets the #1 pick next year. I like that idea, what do you guys think?

How about if we do this: Flyers pick 1st, Kings 2nd. I like this idea the most...

capman29

Komisarek8 said:
that's terrible...Why should the rest of the Nhl look at Washington taking Crosby and Ovechkin?

Wellyou show your true colors a washington hater but do not worry NO SEASON NO DRAFT. Also remember since the NHL does not have anti-tust exemption no draft can happen until and or the players allow it. Me personally I want both just to make other mad as hell.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
How about if we do this: Flyers pick 1st, Kings 2nd. I like this idea the most...
I like mine better. I think mine is fair.

Fern

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Idea

Why not take this situation to put drafting year at 19 ? It sure would help many junior teams to keep there best player for one more year and the leagues would be better. And teams selections would be more accurate because some players take more time to develop when others reach the roof at 18. I don't think it was that bad when players were drafted at 20.
Just my two cents.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
of course this will seem biased, but it might also seem prety fair. Take the point totals of last two seasons for teams and re-do the lottery based off of that.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Epsilon said:
Why don't we have all 30 GMs line up and pee for distance. Whoever can drain their bladder the furthest gets the 1st pick.

Make them play SURVIVOR! Anyone getting imunity twice in a row and Bobby Clarke will pick up a branch and swing at their ankle. :joker:

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
why not allow the top 10 players in the draft to go with the team they'll prefer, so that Sid Crosby come to play with the Habs and with that we could have another hero, since we don't have any offensive hero since a guy named Guy Lafleur :dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Broadway Crosby said:
I like mine better. I think mine is fair.

I like mine better because my favorite team is drafting #1, just like in your idea :teach:

X-SHARKIE

I really don't think we need to worry about this. I don't think the NHL is dumb enough to let a hole season go by.

If that happened, I do like the suggestion of giving the Penguins the 1st overall pick (they finished last this year) and give them the 60th overall.

Seriosly, some of you may complain because you don't have a shot at Crosby, but the 2005 draft could be as good as 2003, The possibility is there. So having a late first, and a high 2nd would be nothing to balk at.

I Like this idea.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
I really don't think we need to worry about this. I don't think the NHL is dumb enough to let a hole season go by.

If that happened, I do like the suggestion of giving the Penguins the 1st overall pick (they finished last this year) and give them the 60th overall.

Seriosly, some of you may complain because you don't have a shot at Crosby, but the 2005 draft could be as good as 2003, The possibility is there. So having a late first, and a high 2nd would be nothing to balk at.

I Like this idea.
I like the lottery idea. That every team that didn't make the playoffs, has a chance at Crosby. I hope the NHL fixes it so the Rangers get Crosby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad