Tribute 2005-2006 Mighty Ducks on NHL 20

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
I created the 2005-2006 Mighty Ducks on EA NHL 20. This was the rookie season of Kunitz, Penner, Getzlaf, and Perry. The Ducks went to the western conference finals this season.
72718BC6-1739-4B68-8701-0BA8CB277C50.jpeg
B8C312F0-DEA4-4951-B141-A6C1D78A057D.jpeg
B50563B0-DDE0-45B5-8856-B98B480C5195.jpeg
760CEB8B-4715-484E-8AC6-6A5CF9A62C14.jpeg

Attachments

• 267E7F17-FE08-4AAA-921A-211B579E0A3C.jpeg
    267E7F17-FE08-4AAA-921A-211B579E0A3C.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 02B337E4-B556-43C4-96B9-2967D42FD564.jpeg
    02B337E4-B556-43C4-96B9-2967D42FD564.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2AEBB55C-C26F-40D7-9967-E2FC1A6350D5.jpeg
    2AEBB55C-C26F-40D7-9967-E2FC1A6350D5.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 8B43AA05-A8FD-4A87-8EB7-C5DBF592EB7D.jpeg
    8B43AA05-A8FD-4A87-8EB7-C5DBF592EB7D.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 5

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Thanks for posting. This was the first season I was a die hard fan, so I remember it very well. I think you've been a bit harsh with Kunitz and McDonalds numbers, but looks good overall.

Just curious, did you go with the players you wanted or are you trying to make the roster post deadline? Because you have O'Donnell and Friesen on it, but also Ozolinsh who didn't finish the season as a Duck. Petr Sykora and Keith Carney was also traded that year. As was Sergei Fedorov early on.

Jonathan Hedstrom was on the Ducks checking line until Friesen was brought in at the deadline. But Hedstrom still remained a Duck after. Moen was mostly a press box guy that year. Fedoruk played the most with the twins. Jason Marshall was the #7 defenseman, one of my all time favourite Ducks.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Thanks for posting. This was the first season I was a die hard fan, so I remember it very well. I think you've been a bit harsh with Kunitz and McDonalds numbers, but looks good overall.

Just curious, did you go with the players you wanted or are you trying to make the roster post deadline? Because you have O'Donnell and Friesen on it, but also Ozolinsh who didn't finish the season as a Duck. Petr Sykora and Keith Carney was also traded that year. As was Sergei Fedorov early on.

Jonathan Hedstrom was on the Ducks checking line until Friesen was brought in at the deadline. But Hedstrom still remained a Duck after. Moen was mostly a press box guy that year. Fedoruk played the most with the twins. Jason Marshall was the #7 defenseman, one of my all time favourite Ducks.
still remember hedstrom's GW penalty shot goal in OT that season against the avs

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA

Definitely one of my most favorite duck seasons, same for me with the first year of being a huge fan. I was doing the roster for Ducks in the playoffs of that year, namely the Colorado series which I found full games of on YouTube.

Kunitz gets pretty low just because he’s not particularly fast, and it was only his rookie season. I actually did up him to 82 however.

McDonald’s strength categories aren’t very high and he wasn’t really defensive minded from what I can remember. The ratings in this game are equivalent to adding +2 to them in previous games. An 85 would be an 87, 79 would be 81, and so on.

I left Ozolins because I’m a huge fan of him hahah and I already made him so I didn’t want to have to delete him.

I definitely forgot to put Hedstrom. You’re right about him being replaced by Friesen though.

Moen started playing in the playoffs with Getzlaf and Fedoruk when Perry injured his ankle against Calgary. Having Penner up with Lupul and Marchant is also a line that performed well in the Colorado season. Remember Lupul’s 4 goal game?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Definitely one of my most favorite duck seasons, same for me with the first year of being a huge fan. I was doing the roster for Ducks in the playoffs of that year, namely the Colorado series which I found full games of on YouTube.

Kunitz gets pretty low just because he’s not particularly fast, and it was only his rookie season. I actually did up him to 82 however.

McDonald’s strength categories aren’t very high and he wasn’t really defensive minded from what I can remember. The ratings in this game are equivalent to adding +2 to them in previous games. An 85 would be an 87, 79 would be 81, and so on.

I left Ozolins because I’m a huge fan of him hahah and I already made him so I didn’t want to have to delete him.

I definitely forgot to put Hedstrom. You’re right about him being replaced by Friesen though.

Moen started playing in the playoffs with Getzlaf and Fedoruk when Perry injured his ankle against Calgary. Having Penner up with Lupul and Marchant is also a line that performed well in the Colorado season. Remember Lupul’s 4 goal game?

Yeah, I've edited tons of players myself over the years so I'm aware of how the ratings system is flawed. Too much value goes into strenght, defensive awareness an stick checking, while puck skills isn't worth enough.

But since u managed to get Selanne, who was below average defensively, up to 92 overall I think it's possible to get McDonald up to 87 and Kunitz to 83. But it's your game so I'm not gonna start argueing :)

Both McDonald and Kunitz were underrated though, because they played with Teemu probably. McDonald was such a smart player with tremendous vision, decision making and passing skills. Great speed and agility too, but he was also much underrated as a finisher. And stripping Lilja off the puck for Teemu's OT winner against Detroit should be worth a little boost in the stick checking department ;)

Kunitz was often thought of just some grinder. But he had good hands and passing ability too. Owned decent wheels in his prime too, though they had completely fallen off when he was 34 or so.

All in all, this line is probably my favourite in Ducks history since I became a die hard follower. Here's some old videos I made:

(I hate this song. Don't why I chose it...)

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the lockout and "new" NHL pretty much saved mcdonald's career and allowed him to finally get healthy

that selanne-mcdonald-kunitz line was so much fun to watch those few seasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad