2004 Flyers

RJ8812*

you're kidding me...

don't bring back the best player in the game bc it may disrupt chemistry? :laugh:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
you're kidding me...

don't bring back the best player in the game bc it may disrupt chemistry? :laugh:

not when you are up 3-1 and had full control of the series.
if its tied or they are down fine. no issue. but that group earned the right to see if they could seal the deal.
I had no issue with bringing back Lindros for the Cup Final.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
On the other hand, had Roenick not scored the OT Goal in Toronto in the up and down action -- that Kapanin allowed to keep going after being literally concussed and all but down and out but staggered to the bench where Primeau hooked him in with his stick -- There very well may not have been even a Conference Finals series for the Flyers to be in... Toronto was applying great pressure.

Roenick was certainly a good soldier who gave them much more chances to win than than he allowed chances to lose, IMO... But, yeah, that certainly didn't help matters.

I know, and I loved JR, but it shows that every little play matters. It really is attention to detail, which is why Berube has them playing so well.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I do, unless even more guys got hurt early in the series.

IDK... The tank was empty; if they were able to eke out a win in TB, would they have had enough fumes to beat them... Or would the SCF appearance be good enough to their tired bodies? Those bodies didn't allow the Game Six victory to stop them from giving their all in Game Seven... they just had little left to give. I was, and still am so proud of that Team.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think so. Primeau got a whole year to heal up, and then only lasted 9 games in 05-06 before a not particularly violent hit ended his career.

Roenick was in rough shape after the 2004 playoffs, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad