2003 Re-Draft #3

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
3pQEy5I.png

Select the best player available without taking team needs into consideration.

Pick |
Team​
|
Player​
1|Pittsburgh Penguins|Shea Weber
2|Carolina Hurricanes|Eric Staal

CoolburnIsGone

You're not in touch with reality passing over Getzlaf out of those choices.
It was really close for me between Getzlaf and Perry. I went with Perry because in his last 5 yrs, he's scored: 43 goals, 28 goals (I pro-rated due to lockout), 37 goals, 50 goals & 27 goals. And during that time, he's missed just 6 games in total (4 was due to a suspension last yr). Getzlaf has missed a number of games due to injuries so thats why I gave the edge to Perry.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I chose Getzlaf, but this is one of the hardest questions to answer. Suter or Seabrook would have been awesome to have all of these years as well on the blueline. Perry and Bergeron are franchise forwards as well. All of them I would have been happier with than Horton.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It was really close for me between Getzlaf and Perry. I went with Perry because in his last 5 yrs, he's scored: 43 goals, 28 goals (I pro-rated due to lockout), 37 goals, 50 goals & 27 goals. And during that time, he's missed just 6 games in total (4 was due to a suspension last yr). Getzlaf has missed a number of games due to injuries so thats why I gave the edge to Perry.

And he's balding.

For me it's between Getz and Suter.

I would take Getz today and then change my mind tomorrow

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
Man, wish we could get rid of the whole team and start over with only 2003 draft players. Best draft I've ever seen.

Kind of surprised Staal went second. He'd be a little ways down my list. I think Getzlaf is the pick here, just because he's a big, dominant center capable of putting up PPG numbers. Suter is one of the best d-men in the NHL, who plays all situations and eats a ton of minutes, so he has to be a consideration. Perry is intriguing as an ultimate goal scorer. Not that they'd sway me, but even guys like Bergeron, Parise, and Pavelski are incredible hockey players that are among the league's best at what they do. Seriously, just give me a team of this draft class.

Edit for fun: :amazed:

Vanek - Getzlaf - Perry
Parise - Staal - Pavelski
Eriksson - Bergeron - Carter
Moulson - Kesler - Backes
M. Richards, D. Brown, Horton, Michalek

Weber - Suter
Seabrook - Phaneuf
Byfuglien - Enstrom
Burns

Crawford
Howard
Fleury

Last edited:

GernBlanston

May 20, 2011
Smyrna, GA
I had to go with Getzlaf on this one, but my mouse hovered over Bergeron for a minute before settling on Getzlaf. Bergeron may be the best 2-way C in the league right now, and that's a tough thing to pass up... but Getzlaf is arguably the best all-around Center in the league, and inarguably one of the best play makers. A tough call, but... Getzlaf.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Byfuglien please, wtf?

Went Suter because im a goalie. Getzlaf then Backes then Brown then Perry.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Man, wish we could get rid of the whole team and start over with only 2003 draft players. Best draft I've ever seen.

Kind of surprised Staal went second. He'd be a little ways down my list. I think Getzlaf is the pick here, just because he's a big, dominant center capable of putting up PPG numbers. Suter is one of the best d-men in the NHL, who plays all situations and eats a ton of minutes, so he has to be a consideration. Perry is intriguing as an ultimate goal scorer. Not that they'd sway me, but even guys like Bergeron, Parise, and Pavelski are incredible hockey players that are among the league's best at what they do. Seriously, just give me a team of this draft class.

Vanek - Getzlaf - Perry

Weber - Suter
Seabrook - Phaneuf
Byfuglien - Enstrom
Burns

Crawford
Howard
Fleury

Wow, so many great players! :laugh:

Erased

Jun 18, 2014

Vanek - Getzlaf - Perry

Weber - Suter
Seabrook - Phaneuf
Byfuglien - Enstrom
Burns

Crawford
Howard
Fleury

The saddest part about this is that we had 4 picks in the first 2 rounds and pavelski went in the 7th. That's 5 future allstars that we missed out on. We could have built a team around the 2003 draft but our drafting and development ruined us.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
The saddest part about this is that we had 4 picks in the first 2 rounds and pavelski went in the 7th. That's 5 future allstars that we missed out on. We could have built a team around the 2003 draft but our drafting and development ruined us.

are you actually for real?

thats just ridiculous

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Every time people look at that draft they always complain about passing on Staal but no one even notices that we couldve had Corey Perry at 25 Patrice Bergeron at 38 and David Backes with the 55 we got for passing on Staal. Instead we got Anthony Stewart (105 games 12 points as a Cat) Kamil Kreps (232 games 60 points) and Stefan Meyer (20 total games in NHL 2 points). The 2003 draft is the most depressing what-if in this teams history.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: