News Article: 20 Years After the Redesigned Penguin

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
I like the black and yellow jersey with the Pittsburgh script.

Same, although it's kinda strong on the Pirates vibe, to me.

0121-pit-vwa-more.png

I actually like this one on the left, a lot, too. Would make a cool third.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
0121-pit-vwa-more.png

With accurate colors the one on the right would be a cool third / special events jersey for next year. I like the idea of a mean looking Penguin head. I think this stuff is being reported for a reason... building the buzz and observing fan feedback at HFB, Pens.com, etc. Or maybe not. But maybe. Left one OK. Middle one is dog ****.

White shoulders on jerseys with a large area of darker color almost always look like crap because it throws the visual weighting off .

Last edited:

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
The script on the left one put me in the mind of those "Boys Of Winter" TV spots from the early 80's.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
I had a barrasso jersey with the diagonal Pittsburgh script. I miss it, it got stolen out of my car in freaking PHILLY. Ugh. I might have to buy one again.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I'll always love the pigeon. Maybe brings back bad memories but in terms of design it is exceptional.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I love the white pigeon jersey but seeing it on black, just doesn't seem right.

With a white border on there would be fine.

0121-pit-vwa-more.png

With accurate colors the one on the right would be a cool third / special events jersey for next year. I like the idea of a mean looking Penguin head. I think this stuff is being reported for a reason... building the buzz and observing fan feedback at HFB, Pens.com, etc. Or maybe not. But maybe. Left one OK. Middle one is dog ****.

White shoulders on jerseys with a large area of darker color almost always look like crap because it throws the visual weighting off .

The first two would have to be scrapped and keep the third one. I definitely would have bought that one.

I sold my diagonal black jersey over the summer. Never once did I belittle myself to buy those ugly pigeons ones, but I did come close on the thirds.

Plus that third one could have done well with kids and all.

url

Yep, you would have bought me and you know it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad