Post-Game Talk: 20-Jan-2014 OTT at WSH - Grabfaceski Edition

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
lmao. It would be sweet. Except Alfie will probably be traded to a contender for a 1st round pick.

It's gonna be real amazing playing against him when we play the Bruins in the 1st round.

They won't trade him if they aren't lower than the 10th seed. That's not Detroits style. All in every year.

Alfie could've been sitting pretty with the best record in the conference now if he would have joined Boston though.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Great win tonight. Beating the Washington's of the Eastern Conference are key if we want to make the playoffs as Washington's going to be a team we contend with for a wild card spot.

Courty

Apr 13, 2007
This was not a big win. We played a pathetic caps team, without ovechkin they've got no depth. Backstrom, their number two guy, gets all his points from assists on Ovie's goals. And we still could not muster up more than two goals. I hope we show up against the bolts Thursday.

Okay Mr. Negativity, whatever the circumstances were tonight we got a much needed and important 2 points.

Frankly, to have a shot at the playoffs we need to accept wins/points in all shapes, forms and sizes. Beggers can't be choosers.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I only saw the highlights but we looked pretty sloppy out there. Luckily the caps couldn't put anything together either but that kind of play isn't going to win us every game. Obviously I'm ecstatic for the win, but looking forward ...

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Bring on the Lightning.

Please dont start up the Anderson vs Lehner vs Bishop comparisons once again. They are all good goalies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Clearly we won because of CRAPPY MS PAINT KARMA.

... I had to miss the game due to taking my sick kid to the doctor's... did I miss anything good? Positives? Negatives?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson was terrific tonight. Loved his game. HUGE HIT! He had 6 HITS today. 6 HITS.

Ziba too, that 11 minutes though... so frustrating to see him play with such little minutes while he is one of our most effective all-around forwards.

Spezza was brilliant but still not his perfect self. He was missing on chances he would have burying in his sleep last year. Definitely getting closer. That snipe, though.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't like how the lines seemed to have gotten so jumbled by just one injury and bringing in one player from Bingo. What would have been wrong with a direct replacement for Stone on Spezza's wing? I was seeing some messed up line pairings, resulting in very low ice time for Zib and co. I did miss half the game, was it a result of just ineffective play or was this another case of asinine coaching decisions?

The lines just looked dysfunctional, after working so hard to get at least 3 line combos in relatively good working order.

I think I heard Gord say that midway through they just went back to Greening Smith Neil again, too. So what was the point.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
It's going to sound stupid considering we won 2-0, but it's so frustrating watching Phillips out there with the puck. How many times does he get it, wait too long to move it and then either have his pass broken up or he's left with no choice but to dump it and lose possession?

PW should be playing every night. He creates chances and is fine defending. What he brings in the transition game is a big asset.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
and I don't want to come off as a Phillips basher. I like him, I just think he's used waaaaay too often. Not his fault, I blame PMac.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Anderson and Ceci were our best players last night, but a lot of the guys showed up to play and that's good. I definitely like having Wiercioch in the line-up, though he does make me a bit nervous in his own end. A Wiercioch - Ceci pairing could be pretty nice...

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Someone should get a gif of Karlsson and Green when that happened.. karlsson smiling was hilarious

That was my favourite moment of that whole sequence. Everyone is mixing it up except Karlsson and Green who arrive late. Karlsson sees Green coming and is like "Hey Buddy!" and then they hug it out before holding each other to watch the madness. Didn't even notice it on the original broadcast but that is hilarious.

Start at 1:19

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
and I don't want to come off as a Phillips basher. I like him, I just think he's used waaaaay too often. Not his fault, I blame PMac.

We allowed no goals and Anderson did not have many high quality chances, I think the group as a whole was very good, organized and made smart plays. He was good last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad