Post-Game Talk: 20-Jan-2014 OTT at WSH - Grabfaceski Edition

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I hope it just has to do with the fact that we have 8 defensemen on the team right now, and there's no reason not to make 110% sure he's injury free.

He said he got bag skated and is not happy about it. You don't bag skate someone who might have an injury.

Othello*

Phillips over Methot? Lmao Murray can't be that stupid. Phillips is garbage

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
k5h1.gif

Reminds me of this one:

QVXOWjb.gif

SenatorArmy*

2.25 million is his salary. He's got to be worth at least 4. I'm all for loyalty but if it comes down to choosing between Methot & Phillips, it's Methot, hands down. Ideally if we could keep both that'd be great. Phillips at some kind of discount & Methot with a respectable raise.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
2.25 million is his salary. He's got to be worth at least 4. I'm all for loyalty but if it comes down to choosing between Methot & Phillips, it's Methot, hands down. Ideally if we could keep both that'd be great. Phillips at some kind of discount & Methot with a respectable raise.

What's the benefit of keeping Phillips?

SenatorArmy*

What's the benefit of keeping Phillips?

Organizational loyalty. I'd like to see him retire a Sen. Even if it's as a depth defenseman he is still useful & a young team like Ottawa needs as much veteran leadership as it can

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Methot: "I felt real good actually, but that is their decision and I have to live with it"

Gord Wilson:"erring on the side of caution was how it was described"

Methot: Mmmm, mmmyeah, and I just got bagskated after practice"

Guy needs to shut up and play when called upon. Sitting out an extra game so Murray can showcase someone is not that big a deal. Also, being worked extra hard a few practices before coming back should be expected. Better to find out you're not ready in practice than in the middle of a game.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
agreed he is crying too much. Neil sat out a few 'extra' games and spezza came back in a diminished role and both havent said anything but positive stuff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad