Prospect Info: //#20// HFStars 2014 Top-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primetimey*

Your most important point isn't even correct. Sinitsyn was not an overage defenseman. Whether or not he has skill is subjective, and I'll take the opinion over his coach that had him playing top minutes by the of the year in the Dub.

How is he similar to Vance ... A guy who was an overage player in the Q? The only person saying Sinitsyn is going back to Regina at this point is Worley, and so far the evidence points to Sinitsyn pushing his way pretty well onto Dynamo's team including a tryout on their top pair.

If a 20 year old European playing in Europe is worth ridicule .... I guess nearly every Dallas D prospect is a bust including Klingberg.

God forbid Dallas uses some smart asset management and not play a 20 year old in the ECHL behind 3 vets and 3 older prospects in the AHL.

Preemptive response to the BS if he was good enough they don't sign 3 vets ... you know you're wrong about that. Nothing Nill has done in Dallas would suggest that about him. He's consistently overloaded positions with competition and made it to where competition for spots is the most important thing.

I'm glad you like the other players, so do I. You seem to way off here. I don't know how a player who didn't get much consideration until 20th is overrated and a joke. He's flawed just like Glennie and Troock. That's why we're talking about them at 20.

I was referring to him being an overager in the WHL this upcoming season, not making the jump like Faksa, Smith, and Troock. The reference towards Vance was that they will both play their overage year in juniors and then go to the ECHL the next year.

Also, I thought it was confirmed that he was going overage in the WHL.. but I guess I am wrong.

""With Dmitry going pro over in Europe, that did change a little of the dynamics" - Pats Coach

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I'm excited about Sinitsyn because the guy basically didn't play much of any hockey the year before we drafted him or the year after, and still managed to go to the WHL and get some very good reviews from his coaches. I see him as a guy who may have more upside than most guys in his position at 19 or 20 years old, because he's had so few games and still managed to do very well for himself. I want him on the list at 20 because I think he's a legitimate dark horse to turn out to be better than his position on this list. I can understand voting for Glennie, but I think Sinitsyn had the potential to make a bigger impact on the Stars down the road, even if Glennie is practically on the cusp of the NHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I was referring to him being an overager in the WHL this upcoming season, not making the jump like Faksa, Smith, and Troock. The reference towards Vance was that they will both play their overage year in juniors and then go to the ECHL the next year.

Also, I thought it was confirmed that he was going overage in the WHL.. but I guess I am wrong.

""With Dmitry going pro over in Europe, that did change a little of the dynamics" - Pats Coach

No worries then. It is weird that it's up in the air. Worley 100% said the team told him he was coming back to Regina. Other than that everything else has pretty much pointed to full time Europe.

I'm not going to jump on Worley or anything. DBD isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I'm trying to be more open to them. I enjoy much of the stuff Erin does. Outside of her though I don't regularly read them.

So someone told him something. I doubt he'd make it up, but I'm guessing his source maybe wasn't a higher up. Or ... maybe he is and even Regina doesn't realize they'll have him back yet. I hadn't seen that quote from their coach yet.

It seems though that most signs point to Russia. Including some new stuff from their website stating on Wednesday the 20th, Sinitsyn scored a goal in a intrasquad scrimmage. So as late as 3 days ago he was still there. We'll see I guess.

I just saw a projection that has him on the 5th D pair ... likely meaning the VHL .... similar to NHL/AHL relationship. I bet it's pretty similar to the competition in Allsvenskan, but I'd say the top teams in that league are probably better overall considering they have an opportunity to actually get promoted to the SHL. The gap between Allsvenskan and SHL is definitely smaller than KHL and VHL. Dynamo also uses a ton of D so Sinitsyn should get plenty of games which isn't exactly common of a 20 year old in the KHL anyway.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Brendan Ranford is sort of this years Matt Fraser, and he won't even make the list. I wonder if Ranford had made a smoother transition to the AHL and started scoring immediately if he would have knocked off anyone and made the Top 20.

‏‏‏‏||
pos.​
|
country​
|
acquired​
|
round​
|
change​
|
% of vote​
|  ‏‏‏‏Jack Campbell |
G​
|
25px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
|
2010​
|
1st​
|
|
37.7​
|  ‏‏‏‏Jamie Oleksiak |
D​
|
24px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
|
2011​
|
1st​
|
|
48.0​
|  ‏‏‏‏Alex Chiasson |
RW​
|
|
2009​
|
2nd​
|
|
57.1​
|  ‏‏‏‏Radek Faksa |
C​
|
22px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png
|
2012​
|
1st​
|
new
|
73.5​
|  ‏‏‏‏Brenden Dillon |
D​
|
|
2011​
|
FA​
|
|
43.9​
|  ‏‏‏‏Patrik Nemeth |
D​
|
22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
|
2010​
|
2nd​
|
|
38.5​
|  ‏‏‏‏Cody Eakin |
C​
|
|
2012​
|
TR​
|
new
|
52.3​
|  ‏‏‏‏Reilly Smith |
W​
|
|
2009​
|
3rd​
|
|
34.0​
|  ‏‏‏‏Matt Fraser |
LW​
|
|
2010​
|
FA​
|
|
50.0​
|  ‏‏‏‏Scott Glennie |
C/W​
|
|
2009​
|
1st​
|
|
54.3​
|  ‏‏‏‏Matej Stransky |
RW​
|
22px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png
|
2011​
|
6th​
|
|
50.0​
|  ‏‏‏‏Brett Ritchie |
RW​
|
|
2011​
|
2nd​
|
|
40.0​
|  ‏‏‏‏Ludvig Bystrom |
D​
|
|
2012​
|
2nd​
|
new
|
52.8​
|  ‏‏‏‏Alex Guptill |
LW​
|
|
2010​
|
3rd​
|
|
75.0​
|  ‏‏‏‏Emil Molin |
C​
|
|
2011​
|
4th​
|
|
53.3​
|  ‏‏‏‏Austin Smith |
RW​
|
25px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
|
2007​
|
5th​
|
|
62.5​
|  ‏‏‏‏Colton Sceviour |
C/W​
|
|
2007​
|
4th​
|
|
28.6​
|  ‏‏‏‏Devin Shore |
C​
|
|
2012​
|
2nd​
|
new
|
41.2​
|  ‏‏‏‏John Klingberg |
D​
|
|
2010​
|
5th​
|
|
43.6​
|  ‏‏‏‏Mike Winther |
C/W​
|
|
2012​
|
2nd​
|
new
|
43.3​

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Did we trade Mike Winther...?

Where the hell did he go?

Primetimey*

The thing that will leave me forever confused in that Winther never got picked up again in the 2014 draft, but Lukas Sutter did.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
The thing that will leave me forever confused in that Winther never got picked up again in the 2014 draft, but Lukas Sutter did.

Sutters be Suttering. If the Stars didn't bother to sign him, why would any team care enough to draft Winther when they can just invite him to their camp?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sutters be Suttering. If the Stars didn't bother to sign him, why would any team care enough to draft Winther when they can just invite him to their camp?

They'd draft him if they really liked him but were scared he wouldn't make through all 12 rounds. His injury history and the fact he ended the season injured make it no surprise IMO he wasn't drafted or signed to this point.

I can't even find that he'll attend a WHL camp. When I noticed his name I briefly did some digging around.

Cody Payne on the other hand seems to have been traded to Niagara. He'll be playing with 2014 Dallas picks Aaron Haydon and Brent Moran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad