|
new
|
44.4​

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Nice depth. Glennie may not make the top 20 despite seemingly having a chance to make the team and cement himself as an NHL player.

aisforaaron83

May 24, 2008
I had to vote for lindell since 12 (yes, I may overrate him). How is Molin not already on the list. Skillzzzzzzzy. we should do 25.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I had to vote for lindell since 12 (yes, I may overrate him). How is Molin not already on the list. Skillzzzzzzzy. we should do 25.

Haven't watched much of Molin but really liked him in the WJC. But he has so far not done much in the SHL hopefully he's a lat bloomer but right now he's clearly out of the top 20 for me.

MetalGodAOD*

Between Glennie and Molin for me. Hard choice. Going with Glennie because Molin is likely top 6 or bust, and still far away.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Ended up going with Troock here. He's a total wild card since there's no telling whether he can stay healthy and avoid any more head injuries. If he can though he'll move through the Texas hierarchy quickly, especially when Ritchie is gone.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I'm interested to hear that explanation as well. All three prospects have question marks but I tend to lean towards the prospect whose main issue is a lack of experience due to issues that are completely out of his control rather than someone who struggles to stay healthy (Troock) or someone who has questionable work ethic which has may have him on a one way ticket to Bustville. Sinitsyn has all the raw tools that you could want in a prospect (size, speed, shot and physicality) it's just a matter of putting them all together. Will he? Who knows. But I think that his upside alone makes him worthy of a top 20 spot in our rankings.

Primetimey*

Explain why it's a dumb choice. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Most overage WHL defensemen aren't regarded that highly. I would much rather take the prospects who are able to jump to the next level and not get left behind.

Ever since he was drafted people have given Sinitsyn unnecessary (in my opinion) love, not because of his skill or play, but because of his unique way to becoming an NHL prospect (through Dallas).

The guy doesn't have high end skill, he really isn't that amazing, he hasn't played much hockey (which people should see as a negative, not an excuse for ranking him higher), and he isn't ready for the pros.

Plus, after this year he won't be in the AHL because he isn't good enough.. he is Troy Vance 2.0.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
His name sounds the best and he has a sick flow, that's why I voted for D-Sinna.

MetalGodAOD*

I agree Sinitsyn is slightly overrated on these boards, but he's the #20 vote, so it's not like it's all that pronounced. I think one of our new puck movers like Prapynappy is likely a better prospect than him.

Still this last spot really is a toss up, it's obvious there's another drop in potential after Joki/Haanson/Lindell. Can't go wrong with most of the remaining choices.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
Ended up going with Troock here. He's a total wild card since there's no telling whether he can stay healthy and avoid any more head injuries.

The biggest injury recently was a shoulder, so I'm not as concerned about that, but yeah, still worrisome.

Last edited:

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Sinitsyn

When guys like Michael Prapavessis, Branden Troock, and Aaron Haydon aren't in your top 20, you know you're pool is deep.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I go with the Glennie because he hasn't ****ed up enough to fall out of the top 20 imo, while some of these guys haven't been able to prove enough to break it.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Most overage WHL defensemen aren't regarded that highly. I would much rather take the prospects who are able to jump to the next level and not get left behind.

Ever since he was drafted people have given Sinitsyn unnecessary (in my opinion) love, not because of his skill or play, but because of his unique way to becoming an NHL prospect (through Dallas).

The guy doesn't have high end skill, he really isn't that amazing, he hasn't played much hockey (which people should see as a negative, not an excuse for ranking him higher), and he isn't ready for the pros.

Plus, after this year he won't be in the AHL because he isn't good enough.. he is Troy Vance 2.0.

He's a fine prospect and we're talking about the 20th ranked prospect here. I have no love for "how he became a prospect". I saw the guy next to almost all of our other prospects at development camp, looked at his stats, and feel he's a reasonable choice for #20 in the system. It's pretty insulting to insinuate otherwise.

Troock, for example, is a good prospect but has Matt Tassone written all over him. Good skills, but can't stay healthy. You're laughing at me and others for voting Sinitsyn over that guy? :laugh:

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Sinitsyn

When guys like Michael Prapavessis, Branden Troock, and Aaron Haydon aren't in your top 20, you know you're pool is deep.

Haydon was a 6th round pick this past draft, Prapavessis was a 4th and Troock a 5th rounder who has struggled staying healthy. So IMO it doesn't say anything.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Your most important point isn't even correct. Sinitsyn was not an overage defenseman. Whether or not he has skill is subjective, and I'll take the opinion over his coach that had him playing top minutes by the of the year in the Dub.

How is he similar to Vance ... A guy who was an overage player in the Q? The only person saying Sinitsyn is going back to Regina at this point is Worley, and so far the evidence points to Sinitsyn pushing his way pretty well onto Dynamo's team including a tryout on their top pair.

If a 20 year old European playing in Europe is worth ridicule .... I guess nearly every Dallas D prospect is a bust including Klingberg.

God forbid Dallas uses some smart asset management and not play a 20 year old in the ECHL behind 3 vets and 3 older prospects in the AHL.

Preemptive response to the BS if he was good enough they don't sign 3 vets ... you know you're wrong about that. Nothing Nill has done in Dallas would suggest that about him. He's consistently overloaded positions with competition and made it to where competition for spots is the most important thing.

I'm glad you like the other players, so do I. You seem to way off here. I don't know how a player who didn't get much consideration until 20th is overrated and a joke. He's flawed just like Glennie and Troock. That's why we're talking about them at 20.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad