Speculation: 2 Year Rebuild-ReTool

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Seems like every original 6 Team has gone through a rebuild and Chicago has pushed through without the rebuild or retool.

Kane is like Crosby he is committed to being an All-Star every year should be able to put up #'s until 38
Schmaltz and DeBrincat are coming into their own and can become Stars
Toews is 30 not 35 he should be able to regain form
Keith and Seabrook are not getting any younger, but you can adjust their minutes
Hinostroza and Hayden are good pieces.
Sikura has high upside and can be the next Schmaltz/Kat.
Saad should have had a better year.
Forsling has a bright future.

Jokiharju, Boqvist, Mitchell, Hillman and Beudin are the D of the future. Advance their development as quickly as possible. Mitchell signing is might be an idea?

Crawford is a top 5 goalie in the league... when healthy. Delia looked good in his rookie year in AHL. Forsberg still has a chance and Lankinen can surprise?

Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Saad-Toews
-Hino-Sikura
Hayden- -

Keith-Boqvist
Beudin-Jokiharju
Forsling-Seabrook
Hillman

Crawford
Delia
Forsberg
Lankinen

I think the future looks bright for the next two years! Add two more draft classes and a couple guys that exceed expectations. I think the Hawks will be fine!

Any adds-subtracts or total carves?! How can the Hawks build around?

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
On top of this take a year to move some contracts and give the kids a chance to play. Chicago has done very well with Cups in 10, 13, 15! Give them a chance to restock through the draft and development current picks.

UFA's in 2019:

Panarin
Seguin
Bobrovsky
Rinne
Karlsson
Eberle
Pavelski
Duchene
Varlamov
Wheeler
Smith
Skinner
Myers
Brassard
Elder
Nyqvist

And it goes on and on.

Pump the breaks for a year and get after it in 1-2 years

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Seems like every original 6 Team has gone through a rebuild and Chicago has pushed through without the rebuild or retool.

Kane is like Crosby he is committed to being an All-Star every year should be able to put up #'s until 38
Schmaltz and DeBrincat are coming into their own and can become Stars
Toews is 30 not 35 he should be able to regain form
Keith and Seabrook are not getting any younger, but you can adjust their minutes
Hinostroza and Hayden are good pieces.
Sikura has high upside and can be the next Schmaltz/Kat.
Saad should have had a better year.
Forsling has a bright future.

Jokiharju, Boqvist, Mitchell, Hillman and Beudin are the D of the future. Advance their development as quickly as possible. Mitchell signing is might be an idea?

Crawford is a top 5 goalie in the league... when healthy. Delia looked good in his rookie year in AHL. Forsberg still has a chance and Lankinen can surprise?

Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Saad-Toews

-Hino-Sikura
Hayden- -

Keith-Boqvist
Beudin-Jokiharju
Forsling-Seabrook
Hillman

Crawford
Delia
Forsberg
Lankinen

I think the future looks bright for the next two years! Add two more draft classes and a couple guys that exceed expectations. I think the Hawks will be fine!

Any adds-subtracts or total carves?! How can the Hawks build around?

I like that you’re building a top line around Kane, and putting Toews on the second line.

This team needs to stop breaking it’s back to try and get first line level production out of Toews while hurting it’s actual first-line level scorer in Kane.

Once Toews declined offensively, focus should’ve shifted to propping up and supporting Kane, and letting Toews just be what he is — a shutdown center who will give you 50ish points.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
I like that you’re building a top line around Kane, and putting Toews on the second line.

This team needs to stop breaking it’s back to try and get first line level production out of Toews while hurting it’s actual first-line level scorer in Kane.

Once Toews declined offensively, focus should’ve shifted to propping up and supporting Kane, and letting Toews just be what he is — a shutdown center who will give you 50ish points.

Kane has proven to be Elite. Toews has to take a back seat until he can find his game again. Right now Schmaltz has higher upside than Toews unfortunately.

Schmaltz is the #1 C on this team right now!

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Kane has proven to be Elite. Toews has to take a back seat until he can find his game again. Right now Schmaltz has higher upside than Toews unfortunately.

Schmaltz is the #1 C on this team right now!

I don’t know if I’d necessarily say that yet, but it’s basically whatever fits Kane the best.

I still think with the left wing and deployment being the same that a Toews-Kane pairing probably scores as much of just a bit more than a Schmaltz-Kane pairing, and that is based on the fact that Toews is so much more willing to shoot than Schmaltz.

If Schmaltz shot as much as Toews, Schmaltz would hit 70+ with Kane.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
With future I’m optimistic so I hope Bowman is after someone big UFA name next offseason. Karlsson wont be there.

Tank this season, draft Hughes or Turcotte and go after: Panarin ($9mil), Seguin ($10mil) or Duchene ($8mil). Duchene is the hardest but I think there is a lot teams after it.

Also Mark Stone could be UFA next year.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
With future I’m optimistic so I hope Bowman is after someone big UFA name next offseason. Karlsson wont be there.

Tank this season, draft Hughes or Turcotte and go after: Panarin ($9mil), Seguin ($10mil) or Duchene ($8mil). Duchene is the hardest but I think there is a lot teams after it.

Also Mark Stone could be UFA next year.
If Ottawa is smart they offer Stone 8 x 8 and make him the new captain.
Not sure what Stone wants ... hard to read what is really going on in that dressing room.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If Ottawa is smart they offer Stone 8 x 8 and make him the new captain.
Not sure what Stone wants ... hard to read what is really going on in that dressing room.

I think he went to arbitration so we’ll see if it’s only 1 year or.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Most teams have similar prospects, things are not as looking up as you may think. Toews and Seabrook are signed for a very long time and unless Toews becomes a powerhouse and Seabrook is traded this team ain’t going anywhere. Guys like Schmaltz and Cat are gonna need raises and that low salary advantage will disappear and you are back to square one with cap issues and a mediocre/bottom team.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Most teams have similar prospects, things are not as looking up as you may think. Toews and Seabrook are signed for a very long time and unless Toews becomes a powerhouse and Seabrook is traded this team ain’t going anywhere. Guys like Schmaltz and Cat are gonna need raises and that low salary advantage will disappear and you are back to square one with cap issues and a mediocre/bottom team.

To a point yes but Schmaltz and Cat are higher end prospects. 100% their cheap ELC advantage will go away soon but really high end young D prospects are coming through soon and that will help.

Long term the key will be buying out Seabrook with the new CBA.

Reactions: migi

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
To a point yes but Schmaltz and Cat are higher end prospects. 100% their cheap ELC advantage will go away soon but really high end young D prospects are coming through soon and that will help.

Long term the key will be buying out Seabrook with the new CBA.

If that’s included in the new CBA, I don’t trust this league to follow the precident

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad