2 year measurable goals of success

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
These are 10 measurable goals I believe the Yotes need to complete to be successful.

Next 2 Years goals

22 – 23

• 95% sell out every night. Keep fans engaged and don’t give tickets to schools and clubs to fill the arena
  • Announce new arena with a completion date of 2025. Will be extremely necessary but difficult with supply chain
  • Greatly improve teams goal differential 207 goals for 313 goals against. Absolutely brutal. 30 to 40 differential
  • Trade Chychrun before the end of October
  • 2023 shift from quantity to quality 2023 4 3rds 2024 3 2nds. Convert those quantity picks into I or 2 high draft 2023 or prospect.
23-24

• Introduce youth to the team. 30% of the team under 21 age
  • A stupidly expensive UFA or RFA trade. Team will need to show prove we are exiting the 10 years of rebuilding. Yada yada new gm, coach.. We need to start to show something to keep faith
  • Improve wins which should be easy. Goal 35 to 40 wins
  • Do not take on any contracts for futures
  • Sell out 95% every night.
Agree disagree? What measurable goals would you want to see in the next two years?

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Announce new arena with a completion date of 2025
I think this is the only measure of success that counts in the near term. Despite the promises of a plan B, failure to win TED approval will not be a happy day.

Sell out 95% every night.
The newness has worn off, and the team probably will still not be a playoff contender. Is demand still strong? If so (even for 4800 seats), it will validate the theory that the team can be successful financially with an east side location.

With BA and Bear, I think the team will continue to fight hard and provide entertainment value, even if the wins are few. That will also be a win in my book as I will be watching every game. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: AZviaNJ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I am not a touchy feely guy. I like plans with measurable goals. No win the cup in 5 years fluff. OK if we believe the Yotes are going to be successful what (measurable goals) for the next 2 years do we want to see?

Next 2 Years goals

22 – 23

• 95% sell out every night. Keep fans engaged and don’t give tickets to schools and clubs to fill the arena
  • Announce new arena with a completion date of 2025. Will be extremely necessary but difficult with supply chain
  • Greatly improve teams goal differential 207 goals for 313 goals against. Absolutely brutal. 30 to 40 differential
  • Trade Crouse before the end of October

• 2023 shift from quantity to quality 2023 4 3rds 2024 3 2nds. Convert those quantity picks into I or 2 high draft 2023 or prospect.
23-24

• A stupidly expensive UFA or RFA trade. Team will need to show prove we are exiting the 10 years of rebuilding. Yada yada new gm, coach.. We need to start to show something to keep faith
Agree disagree? What measurable goals would you want to see in the next two years?
Huh?

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I think this is the only measure of success that counts in the near term. Despite the promises of a plan B, failure to win TED approval will not be a happy day.
Yeah it'll be tough to continue as an STH at these prices if, when it comes time to renew, it doesn't look realllly promising that they're staying long term.

No matter how the rebuild goes.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
22 – 23

I think this is doable due to the novelty of the stadium. However, most of the Yotes fans in my beer league don't plan on going again until "they aren't complete dogs--t." And these are guys that drove to Glendale without hesitation. Cost is a factor for a lot of people, but I think 95% is doable.
I think 2026 is more realistic. My company has been remodeling the lobby and restrooms in one of our buildings; roughly 2500 square feet. We're five months in and I don't know if I can get it finished by the end of October. Lots of delays due to materials.
I don't know about this one.
I'm not sure why you'd want to do this.
I don't think anyone is giving you higher picks for lower picks, especially when something like only 12% of 3rd picks end up playing 200 NHL games. Tough to hit on 3rd-rounders.
23-24

I'm on the opposite side of this. Let them take their time in the minors. No need to bring them up too soon. The good teams don't rush the kids. No reason to do that next season.
No big-name(i.e. high-priced) free agents have ever signed here. I don't see that changing in the next few years.
I think 35 is reasonable.
I think this is going to keep happening for the next couple years; part of the rebuild strategy.
Getting one of the top two picks next summer where the kid can come in and have an immediate impact will help, but this town only supports winners(and even then you can generally find tickets) and with the novelty of the small arena worn off, I think this will be tough.
Other than seeing the arena get approved, I would just like to see zero shady dealings by Meruelo for one thing. $25 student tickets for ASU kids(I'm biased on this one since my son is one of them, but after taking him to 20-something games every season when the team was in Glendale, I want him to still be able to go even if I can't go with him.) Also, I'm probably going to have to pay that $25/game for him, so that's another reason I want to see that. :laugh:
I want to see the kids kept down on the farm so they can develop properly. Obviously, you have to go on an individual basis, but I'd rather see them stay in Tucson than see them rushed to Tempe just because the team wants to market the Youth Movement.
Really, I just want to see them make strides to be a respected organization. Make good decisions, treat players well, etc. Don't add any fuel to what has often been a tire fire, ESPECIALLY if the arena vote gets approved.
More insignificantly, I'd love to see an alternate jersey with Coyotes logos, but ASU colors. Just makes sense to me. Model it after one of ASU's or something. Done right, I think that's an easy home run(or hat trick, since we're talking hockey.)

Reactions: YotesFan47

cobra427

May 6, 2012
These are 10 measurable goals I believe the Yotes need to complete to be successful.

Next 2 Years goals

22 – 23

23-24

More points each year, next 3-5 years. Playoffs in 23-24 season and beyond. That is all that matters for now. Outlier, WCF appearance in next 5 years and if we get lucky finals appearance.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Sorry I meant Chychrun not Crouse. I hear what you are saying Cobra but all I am hear is a long rebuild to be successful.

Most successful strategies has 6 month check in or goals along the way. I believe by not having these check points teams become stuck in the internal rebuild.

Ya we can be shitty team and finish dead last. But to save culture and fan base what do they need to do as well

Reactions: rt

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Sorry I meant Chychrun not Crouse. I hear what you are saying Cobra but all I am hear is a long rebuild to be successful.

Most successful strategies has 6 month check in or goals along the way. I believe by not having these check points teams become stuck in the internal rebuild.

Ya we can be shitty team and finish dead last. But to save culture and fan base what do they need to do as well

Agree with you on the basic idea but very much disagree on the timeline. Imo trying to exit a rebuild as soon as 2023-2024 is waaaaaay too soon.

Also imo we haven't been rebuilding for 10 years, we've been rebuilding for 1 or arguably 2 (at least we've been committed to this particular rebuild for that amount of time). Imo still a long way to go but we'll get there eventually

Reactions: Prarievarg

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
22-23:
1a: Arena deal that makes the owner enough $$ to spend to the cap and give FAs big signing bonuses.
1b: Win the lottery

23-24: Start working the prospects into the roster and start winning!

24-25: Sign Matthews and make the damn playoffs!!

25-26: Challenge for the Cup!!!

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
22-23:
1a: Arena deal that makes the owner enough $$ to spend to the cap and give FAs big signing bonuses.
1b: Win the lottery

23-24: Start working the prospects into the roster and start winning!

24-25: Sign Matthews and make the damn playoffs!!

25-26: Challenge for the Cup!!!
22-23 Coyotes pick 5th.
23-24 Schmaltz traded.
24-25 AM signs a long term deal with TO
24-25 Coyotes a bubble team
25-26 Coyotes make playoffs

A little more realistic.

That is more believable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad