Confirmed with Link: 2-way (AHL) Contract Signings

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Shouldn't we expect one of Zads or Bigras down here? Weircioch is another possibility, but IMO he's our #7/8. Our defensive depth is:

EJ, Barrie, Beauch, Zadarov, Bigras, Gelinas, Tyutin, Weircioch. My guess is that they want one of the two to force them to keep them up on the big club, and the other one gets big minutes in the AHL.

They like to carry 8, I'd imagine that could be the 8. If Bigras isn't going to play much could see him sent down. I don't think Gelinas is guaranteed to be around forevwr either but will surely make it out of camp.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Bigras won't be benched or sent to SA unless he has a really bad camp. He plays way too smart and safe. The coaching staff loves him, I'll be surprised if he doesn't play the whole season with the Avs, most likely shackled to Gelinas or Wiercioch, pulling babysitter duty.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They like to carry 8, I'd imagine that could be the 8. If Bigras isn't going to play much could see him sent down. I don't think Gelinas is guaranteed to be around forevwr either but will surely make it out of camp.

To be honest, I'm not sure that's guaranteed either really. If he doesn't have a good camp, I could see them sending him down and swallowing the cost. Especially if Duncan has a good camp.

They've said they'll give Siemens every shot possible, which means he'll be competing with Gelinas, Wiercoch, Bigras, and Zadorov for that 8th spot. Gelinas is kinda the odd man out in that group, as Z and Bigras seem like pretty good bets to stick, and they'll want to give Wiercoch some kind of look.

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Elson will provide 0.5 PPG and solid leadership in the AHL.

He often plays with a chip on his shoulder and draws a lot of penalties.

However, I'm not sure if he'll ever make the last step to the NHL.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I didn't realize O'Neill signed in Philly. What a let down. Thought he would absolutely be a Rampage.

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
Loved Turner Elson in his Red deer rebel days. Plays with a ton of heart and a great leader

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
To be honest, I'm not sure that's guaranteed either really. If he doesn't have a good camp, I could see them sending him down and swallowing the cost. Especially if Duncan has a good camp.

They've said they'll give Siemens every shot possible, which means he'll be competing with Gelinas, Wiercoch, Bigras, and Zadorov for that 8th spot. Gelinas is kinda the odd man out in that group, as Z and Bigras seem like pretty good bets to stick, and they'll want to give Wiercoch some kind of look.

I feel that it's going to be Siemens, Wiercioch and Stanton battling for the #8. I think Tyutin is guaranteed a spot right away due to the 2mil spent on him. And I think Gelinas is safe as well considering they spent a 3rd round pick on him (they were not willing to trade for Wiercioch) and didn't really get a look at him last year. Bigras and Zadorov would need really bad camps imo.

I didn't realize O'Neill signed in Philly. What a let down. Thought he would absolutely be a Rampage.

Any other puck movers left to be signed? O'Neill would have been perfect.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Vogelhuber is an underrated pick up, has NHL size (doesn't mean he will play in the league though) and is a really good skater for a 3rd line grinder who's awesome on the forecheck at the AHL level.

I remember watching Elson in the WHL, good crafty and creative player with great agility. Seems though that he has found a good role being somewhat of an agitator as well with those penatly minutes in the AHL.

Regarding Vogelhuber, I doubt he will see any time in the show, been watching him play for quite some time. I doubt anyone even expected him to turn pro when he was drafted (dead) last in 2007 - rumor has it his name was only called because he had connections in the org. being from the region and having played AAA for the Columbus Jr. Bluejackets; the draft was in Columbus, and CBJ had the last pick.

With that said, as a hard worker with passable skating, he will be a good (AHL) 3rd line grinder type player as mentioned. To that end I like the signing and hope he performs well enough to earn a game or two at the NHL level.

Admittedly don't know a thing about most of the others.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I feel that it's going to be Siemens, Wiercioch and Stanton battling for the #8. I think Tyutin is guaranteed a spot right away due to the 2mil spent on him. And I think Gelinas is safe as well considering they spent a 3rd round pick on him (they were not willing to trade for Wiercioch) and didn't really get a look at him last year. Bigras and Zadorov would need really bad camps imo.

Any other puck movers left to be signed? O'Neill would have been perfect.

I'm not really sure of any other puck movers available. I was only mentioning WON based off some inside info I had. I haven't really had a look at the UFA's out there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I like what I've heard, been reading up on him. Don't really get why the flames let him go.

They like their forward depth and want to pave the way for some of the kids coming up to grab bigger roles. It is just a matter of development space and Elson lost out with the numbers game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Do you like Elson? Seems like a decent AHLer at least.

I do... really good person and great in the room, capable of being a solid 2nd line winger in the AHL. I wouldn't want him as a top line guy, but he can suffice if there is other talent around him. With Whitney and Sislo around, he should be in the right role for his talents at least to start.

Ideally, I'd start him on the 3rd line next to Nantel and Vogelhuber (I'd start Nantel at center, especially surrounded by those two who can really help him all around the ice).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I do... really good person and great in the room, capable of being a solid 2nd line winger in the AHL. I wouldn't want him as a top line guy, but he can suffice if there is other talent around him. With Whitney and Sislo around, he should be in the right role for his talents at least to start.

Ideally, I'd start him on the 3rd line next to Nantel and Vogelhuber (I'd start Nantel at center, especially surrounded by those two who can really help him all around the ice).

Thanks. You see Nantel as a center in pro, I always thought he'd be better as a winger.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks. You see Nantel as a center in pro, I always thought he'd be better as a winger.

Depends on what you want out of him in the end... I don't think he will be more than a 3rd/4th line tweener in the NHL and with that I'd want as much versatility as possible when it comes to position. A player that can really play any position when called upon. So I say try to develop him as a center in the AHL and see what happens. He can always go back to wing if it doesn't work. If it does, he dramatically increases his chances of sticking in the NHL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pretryk!! That's awesome, kid earned his way to it. Must be a 2 year ELC.

Wow that's quite a few names.

For me; this was the best news to come out of FA for us so far. Love the way this kid always came to play & make good things happen. I'm so happy for him to take the next step in his career with this organization.

If JTC doesn't break camp with the avs, I'd really love to see him & Petryk together on the Rampage's 2nd line...with Greer or Nantel as their LW!

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Depends on what you want out of him in the end... I don't think he will be more than a 3rd/4th line tweener in the NHL and with that I'd want as much versatility as possible when it comes to position. A player that can really play any position when called upon. So I say try to develop him as a center in the AHL and see what happens. He can always go back to wing if it doesn't work. If it does, he dramatically increases his chances of sticking in the NHL.

Good points. True, he can play center so might as well develop it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
For me; this was the best news to come out of FA for us so far. Love the way this kid always came to play & make good things happen. I'm so happy for him to take the next step in his career with this organization.

If JTC doesn't break camp with the avs, I'd really love to see him & Petryk together on the Rampage's 2nd line...with Greer or Nantel as their LW!

Since the Avs love the TB model of their prospects playing together and developing in the AHL, I think there's a good chance Compher and Greer play together, as they very well might be 3rd liners together on the Avs down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad