Confirmed with Link: 2-way (AHL) Contract Signings

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Those will all be good additions. The Avs are going to take the mercenary approach for next season and sprinkle in some kids. Probably not a bad plan to get SA on their feet.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Does Elson have some NHL potential, or is he more of a Clark type signing (young AHL leader)?

Stanton looks really good on paper as a call up option, or maybe even a #7/8.

Kento, still think we sign O'Neill?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Stanton is the only one I've heard of... can't tell if that means I'm losing my edge or these guys are really unheralded.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Vogelhuber is an underrated pick up, has NHL size (doesn't mean he will play in the league though) and is a really good skater for a 3rd line grinder who's awesome on the forecheck at the AHL level.

I remember watching Elson in the WHL, good crafty and creative player with great agility. Seems though that he has found a good role being somewhat of an agitator as well with those penatly minutes in the AHL.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Call me crazy, but I think they built a decent base of a team. It isn't going to win the Calder or anything, but should contend for the playoffs. LOVE the Sislo signing.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
If I'm not incorrect, both Sislo and O'Brien are really good AHL players who have tasted some NHL action lately.
Solid AHL vets.
Of course we know about Petryk and how well he played last year for the Rampage.
Don't know much about the rest aside from Stanton who we knew signed earlier.

Now we know why the Avs were scouting Jersey and their farm team so heavily

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rampage are going to have two 5'6" guys in the lineup.

Good for Petryk. Edmonton boy.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Now we know why the Avs were scouting Jersey and their farm team so heavily

Yup. Both had good seasons and Sislo even got some goals (one multi-goal game if I remember correctly) last season in the NHL.
Sislo with with 27 goals in the AHL last season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Rampage lineup:

Forwards: Sislo, O'Brien, Grimaldi, Whitney, Petryk, Greer, Nantel, Bourke, Henley, Elson, and Vogelhuber

Defense: Stanton, Siemens, Lindholm, Boikov, Geertsen, Clark, and Corbett

Goalies: Martin and Smith

Not bad considering the circumstances.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Rampage lineup:

Forwards: Sislo, O'Brien, Grimaldi, Whitney, Petryk, Greer, Nantel, Bourke, Henley, Elson, and Vogelhuber

Defense: Stanton, Siemens, Lindholm, Boikov, Geertsen, Clark, and Corbett

Goalies: Martin and Smith

Not bad considering the circumstances.

They will probably add some AHL contracts in there and Compher might start there as well.
It's far from perfect, but it's okay.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
after all that happened, that's a very solid base there. :handclap: I just wished we could re-sign Agozzino and Street.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Damn good job bringing in some good AHL players after that mass exodus. Just need that high scoring, puck moving Dman

Whitney - Compher - Sislo
Greer - O'Brien - Grimaldi
Elson - Nantel - Petryk
Bourke - Henley - Vogelhuber
______ (St-Amant, T-Viel)

Wiercioch/Siemens - Stanton
Geertsen - _____
Lindholm - Clark
Boikov - Corbett

Smith
Martin
_____ (Marchand)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy ****, I didn't know we signed that Stanton and O'Brien.

Those are some really solid depth signings by us, I really like it, though I wish we gave Rendulic and Agozzino one more chance. Going to guess the lines...

Elson - O'Brien - Sislo
Greer - Grimaldi - Petryk
Whitney - Bourke - Nantel
N/A - Henley - Vogelhuber

The wildcard here is Compher, who I still don't think is an entire lock for the NHL. Downside of this? Not a ton of Avs drafted prospects this year, should get better next offseason though.

Stanton - Clark
Siemens - Corbett
Geertsen - Lindholm/Boikov

Solid defensive core, except Clark being on the top pairing, which I hope doesn't happen. But I see absolutely zero offensive production nor any extremely good puck moving defenders.

Martin - Smith

Smith is not a sexy signing, personally I was hoping for a NHL veteran that wouldn't mind playing in the AHL, but Jeremy gets the job done.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Shouldn't we expect one of Zads or Bigras down here? Weircioch is another possibility, but IMO he's our #7/8. Our defensive depth is:

EJ, Barrie, Beauch, Zadarov, Bigras, Gelinas, Tyutin, Weircioch. My guess is that they want one of the two to force them to keep them up on the big club, and the other one gets big minutes in the AHL.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Martin - Smith

Smith is not a sexy signing, personally I was hoping for a NHL veteran that wouldn't mind playing in the AHL, but Jeremy gets the job done.

Finding the goalie to pair with Martin is kind of tricky. You need a veteran who has some NHL experience, is ok with sitting on the bench in the NHL due to injuries, knows that the organization is going to spend a special amount of time with Martin, and is willing to also partake in developing Martin through mentoring. You don't want to get a goalie that will ultimately become unhappy because they aren't getting the chance at earning a spot in the NHL and the young guy behind them is getting more attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad