Marleau Kadri Marner
JVR Strome/Jenner Brown
Komarov Strome/Jenner Kapenen

OEL Zaitsev
Rielly Hainsey
Dermott Polak/Carrick

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Coyotes and Jackets both say no pretty easily IMO.

Nylander's value might almost be approaching OEL's due to contract status, but there is no way they should be trading Domi + Strome for Gardiner.

Jenner might not be the same as his 30 goal self, but neither of those pieces would move the needle enough to be worth trading him.

Reactions: iSophagus

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
no to both. leafs need to keep building on what they have not go for it by trading for oel and theres no point in the second trade

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Nylander's value might almost be approaching OEL's due to contract status

Everything about your post is correct except this. OEL is not returning a young player of Nylander's caliber, pedigree, or productivity, and no practical staff member on the Leafs or fan would endorse such a return.

Either way, I think the value is off for both teams in the trade. If we wanted OEL, Yotes already have an idea of the max package we would give them (by my estimations, it'd be Liljegren, 1st, Gardiner, or something to the degree +/-).

I like Jenner, I don't think they want Leivo. They'd probably want Hyman or Brown straight up in return, which would probably hurt us far more than others realize. As per Jenner playing C, it's wishful thinking. There's a reason CBJ wants to move him, it's because he hasn't produced...change of scenery type scenario. It was like us with Kulemin at one point, except he never re-produced ever again.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You make it sound as if the Leafs are contenders. If that trade was on the table your GM runs with it.
oh shut up. just because you're too chicken to admit jt would be the best player on your team you're attacking me here. pathetic. i never said anything that revolved around "the leafs are contenders". i was just saying they shouldn't throw their eggs in a basket to acquire a star player. as a flames fan you should follow that as the hamonic trade failed you guys. have fun with no draft picks in the first two rounds.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
oh shut up. just because you're too chicken to admit jt would be the best player on your team you're attacking me here. pathetic. i never said anything that revolved around "the leafs are contenders". i was just saying they shouldn't throw their eggs in a basket to acquire a star player. as a flames fan you should follow that as the hamonic trade failed you guys. have fun with no draft picks in the first two rounds.
JT is an amazing player. I would love him on the Flames. He would arguably be our best player. Johnny has been very good this year so it would be close.

Hamonic =/= OEL. Hamilton would be a better example to choose but you didn't because it clearly worked very well for the Flames.

Our prospects are just fine. Missing out a year of a first round will not kill our organization. The Flames are actually decent at drafting in the later rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if we gather a 2nd round pick in a trade at deadline or at draft.

Reactions: IODCPiper

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
JT is an amazing player. I would love him on the Flames. He would arguably be our best player. Johnny has been very good this year so it would be close.

Hamonic =/= OEL. Hamilton would be a better example to choose but you didn't because it clearly worked very well for the Flames.

Our prospects are just fine. Missing out a year of a first round will not kill our organization. The Flames are actually decent at drafting in the later rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if we gather a 2nd round pick in a trade at deadline or at draft.
lol. oel is better than hamonic. what bs is that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad