2 Things I hope we have learned from this season

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
he was drafted as a forward.

and he was drafted 20th overall.

I knew that he was playing forward prior to being drafted, but wasn't the plan to move him to defense right from when they picked him?

I thought he was a higher pick from memory, my mistake. Knew he was a 1st rounder.

edit. if you mean the ppg list, you have a case but he's played many of his games at NHL level as a forward too

That was why I brought it up originally, but honestly I thought he was supposed to be on both lists. Thought he was a higher pick in my head.

Last edited:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Missing Brent Burns.

Yeah, didn't show up on the ppg rankings because hockey reference has him listed as a forward at the draft.

EDIT: even on the ppg ranking he wouldn't make the top 10. wouldn't even make the top 30 actually.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Is this actually something he said?

Yes. Back in the spring.

(WXYZ) - Ken Holland insists he does not want to rebuild the Red Wings.

Instead, he spent Monday explaining why the salary cap is keeping the Red Wings closer to contention than most people believe.

When someone asked him if fans should expect less from his team, his answer was simple. "Less can be more exciting."

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/hockey/r...ting-less-can-be-more-exciting-with-red-wings

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Looking up at the Leafs in the standings. But that's okay. Less can be more exciting, right Ken Holland?

The only thing keeping the Leafs afloat this year is goaltending. Detroit needs some of that.

I don't even know how to interpret that as even remotely making sense.

It's a tongue-in-cheek comment. Not to be taken seriously. Holland was comparing fan expectations to the early days when no one would get excited for the Red Wings until the 2nd round of the playoffs. The regular season was boring. Now that they're in a dog fight every night like every other team in the league it makes the regular season more exciting.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I wish detroit media was more like toronto. Holland would have already been long gone by now

I don't know about long gone, but for the past two off-seasons, he's been roasted in national media articles while nothing has come out of Detroit other than tentative criticism from internet-based journalists. If this were Toronto, he'd definitely be feeling the heat now.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I don't know about long gone, but for the past two off-seasons, he's been roasted in national media articles while nothing has come out of Detroit other than tentative criticism from internet-based journalists. If this were Toronto, he'd definitely be feeling the heat now.

I haven't really seen a ton of articles outside of detroit that have really criticized holland outside of an occasional snippet by matt larkin or ken campbell at THN

everyone still seems to think holland is some elite hockey genius because he helped implement 3 on 3 overtime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad