2 piece sticks

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
Not very many, but considering 85% of One Piece sticks are just 2 piece sticks with a paint job over the meeting place of the shaft and blade... I guess you could say more.

But to be honest, when you don't have to worry about buying sticks I would use one-pieces all day too; but since A) I'm not sponsored and B) I'm not making 100s of thousands of dollars a year... I use 2 pieces to save money.

Webernaut

Jan 25, 2010
Tampa, FL
Not that many. There are a lot that use fused blades, meaning composite shaft with a wood blade fused on to make a OPS.

Webernaut

Jan 25, 2010
Tampa, FL
Not very many, but considering 85% of One Piece sticks are just 2 piece sticks with a paint job over the meeting place of the shaft and blade... I guess you could say more.

Wat?

But to be honest, when you don't have to worry about buying sticks I would use one-pieces all day too; but since A) I'm not sponsored and B) I'm not making 100s of thousands of dollars a year... I use 2 pieces to save money.

100s of thousands? The league average is in the seven figures.

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
Wat?

100s of thousands? The league average is in the seven figures.

Most One-piece sticks are two-piece with paint over the fuse point.

And minimum salary is 500k (soon to be 525k) (100s of thousands). Sorry for not be specific enough for you.

Webernaut

Jan 25, 2010
Tampa, FL
The comment that most OPSs are actually two piece sticks is a Pejorative Slured comment. A two piece stick is made COMPLETELY differently. Fusing a blade and shaft together to make an OPS is not the same as gluing a blade and a shaft together. There is a reason that OPSs out perform two piece sticks.

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
It's not Pejorative Slured. It's proven. OPS only out preform because you think they do. With almost all one piece sticks, you can look closely and see where the blade meets the shaft. You can then cut the blade off there and pop on the tendon and you now have a tapered shaft. A fused 2 piece stick is not all that different than a regular 2 piece, just that the blade is a bit harder to get out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad