Some friendly Public Service Announcements brought to you by @Ugene Malkin :

cJWqHBv.gif

9nnE25L.gif

ohHcErG.gif

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Please consider signing up to make the GDT. We'd like to get more involvement from the community, than just the usual people. Doesn't have to be fancy or elaborate, just something that has the basic game info in it. In fact, I had a pretty solid plan in my head for this game, only to realize I had none of my Adobe software installed on my computer. :laugh::facepalm: Here is the sign up link to make it even easier:

GDT: - Game Day Thread Sign-up List - Don't Be Shy!

If you sign up, you too can be the:

ckXPJt0.gif

nbEFtt8.gif

And always, no matter what happens, don't forget to:

wGOJ6Wy.gif

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
That's quite the loaded forward group, but if Bobrovsky is his usual leaky self, could be a good night.

Anyway, this feels like the Tampa game - low expectations until we start playing well and I get emotionally invested.
Following up a great (and I don't use that word lightly) performance without a significant drop off is one of the hardest things to do in sports.
Would be very pleased with anything above average effort tonight.

It's gonna be nice not having to face Vasilevskiy too. I know people gave him a hard time for that giveaway, but he was their best player without question. I can't believe how easily he deals with high danger chances. His glove was so good I was pleading for them to stop going there. It's so much more though. There was a very difficult shot from O'Connor far side emerging from traffic where he really had to stretch and blocker it away with top level reflexes. His tracking on breakaways just makes you feel like there's nothing you can do. Boyle did the smart thing and kept it simple, which surprised Vasi. He's used to players thinking they have to pull elite dekes to score, like ERod and Simon did.

Geez no wonder they went back to back. I'll be shocked if he doesn't win the Vezina or at least be deserving of it again like last year.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Also people shouldn't feel like making a GDT is intimidating or scary in any way. It's tons of fun! Go wild! Be stupid! Do whatever!
I believe this.
-but I'll only do a gdt if I get paid to do it.... I'm holding out til that day.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We have too many deadbeats in the lineup now. You can’t have a line of Simon, Laff and Boyle. That’s just two too many crap players. Let’s see how they continue to play. Tampa had no interest in playing last game. Jake coming back won’t knock any of them out of the lineup unfortunately.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We have too many deadbeats in the lineup now. You can’t have a line of Simon, Laff and Boyle. That’s just two too many crap players. Let’s see how they continue to play. Tampa had no interest in playing last game. Jake coming back won’t knock any of them out of the lineup unfortunately.
But you can have a line of simon laff and boyle.... As long as they dont go negative +/- they do their job.
Tampa def didn't have much interest... which kinda gives regular season games that effect. Some games players just won't give a shit... for every team at least a handful of games.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
But you can have a line of simon laff and boyle.... As long as they dont go negative +/- they do their job.
Tampa def didn't have much interest... which kinda gives regular season games that effect. Some games players just won't give a shit... for every team at least a handful of games.
I don’t know JR and Hextall are insistent on icing the worst possible fourth line every single season. I feel like our fourth lines have all been atrocious to start every season since 2017. The fourth line is McKegg/Jank level bad right now.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
The Pens play one game where Laff, Simon and Boyle actually looked really good and were among the best players in the game and you are here to bitch about them being in the line-up. My god this place sometimes. Did I want Boyle to get a contract? No. Did I think bringing back Simon was a good idea? No. Did I think it was a waste of time keeping Lafferty around? Yes. However, no possible 4th line players outplayed Boyle in the pre-season (except maybe DOC), Simon has been very consistent since camp started and Lafferty has speed for days, hits everything he can and if he can just keep his head straight and stay out of the box, can be a very good 4th line player. Maybe if we are 10-15 games into the season and these 3 guys haven't done anything, then sure complain about them. But to do it now it just ridiculous.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The difference between the Florida forward lineup and the Pens is laughable, even more so than Tampa…I don’t expect the Panthers will be sleeping on the job like Tampa was Tuesday…let’s hope Bob has the yips lol….should be a true test of whether we can make lemonade from lemons…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Tonight is going to be messy I imagine.

Cats from top down are out to prove they are the best team in the league this year.

Throw in the first time Hornqvist has played us, Reinhart looking for a hot start and Bennett likely being a sick, I am not looking forward to this game.

Bigger win than Tampa if we pull it off IMO. Florida is the real measuring stick this season.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
That's quite the loaded forward group, but if Bobrovsky is his usual leaky self, could be a good night.

Anyway, this feels like the Tampa game - low expectations until we start playing well and I get emotionally invested.
I was actually slightly annoyed when I started to think they were going to win the last game. I was sure they were just getting me to care so they could hurt me again. I am glad to be wrong.

Last edited:

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
This team can lost 7-1 today and this road trip would still be a success in my eyes.

The point of this team is to survive until they can get fully healthy. Just don't get eliminated due to the injuries.
Oh, for sure. I expected to get waxed in both games, although Sullivan is in his element with a team devoid of superstars.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Also people shouldn't feel like making a GDT is intimidating or scary in any way. It's tons of fun! Go wild! Be stupid! Do whatever!

As someone who did like 40% of em one year, you can spend 3mins or 3hrs..

it doesn't really matter in the end, all that we need is a thread for the game.

Don't need no fancy shit. Just an accurate thread title of date, time, and opponent really

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I already feel like I’m in mid-season form. Jake in, so first man out is Laff. Right? Oh come on Sully, DOC!? Really, our new shiny toy. Sigh….

Reactions: bganch17

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Lafferty deserves another game if for no other reason than that sick pass.

A couple more guys will probably go down in this game anyway, so DOC can get back in there next game.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Randy Butternubs raked in a big haul betting on the penguins last game.

So while I went bust on 100k with Tampa I have to bet peanuts on the pens at 25k..

Ehhhhhhh...
Still hoping for a win. Just never confident in my bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad