2 minutes of recent edvinsson game highlights from guess who

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
is still in the long limbed young and gangly body condition because of height so doesnt have the tightest of dekes or fastest of hands . but what i liked seeing was that hes got good balance on his skates and skates backwards smoothly , that to go along with his reach makes him great in his own end . he also made the nice crisp and accurate break out pass . gullfaxi rides again

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I saw no goals, no assists, no big hits in that clip and he's not Canadian. 100% bust.

Seriously though, hes all over the ice, and makes nice passes. I like what I see.
He might have some German blood, don't have to be Canadian

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I feel like all the negative things I heard about him at the draft have been completely nonexistent during the SHL preseason/CHL so far. All the good things, on the other hand, have been on full display. I’m honestly a little confused about him, he seems way better than what I was expecting. Is this just the case of a prospect getting over analyzed by the media since he was a top prospect for so long? His so called “weaknesses” rly just seem like parts of his game that he is only average at.

It’s also nice that we got to see his slapper in the clip because that is a tool I had yet to see. That slap shot looked much better than I was expecting. I am very happy with this pick

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
im still 100% fired up over this pick as i had eddie 2nd only to power this draft and cant believe we got him at 6 . 2nd ranked but with the chance of being just as good or better . this could be like adding a hedman . but we also already have another hedman in seider :nod:

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I feel like all the negative things I heard about him at the draft have been completely nonexistent during the SHL preseason/CHL so far. All the good things, on the other hand, have been on full display. I’m honestly a little confused about him, he seems way better than what I was expecting. Is this just the case of a prospect getting over analyzed by the media since he was a top prospect for so long?

It’s also nice that we got to see his slapper in the clip because that is a tool I had yet to see. That slap shot looked much better than I was expecting. I am very happy with this pick
also remember he played on 3 different teams last year so there was no continuity to his season so he thusly never get in synch with his teammates

David D

Apr 1, 2018
im still 100% fired up over this pick as i had eddie 2nd only to power this draft and cant believe we got him at 6 . 2nd ranked but with the chance of being just as good or better . this could be like adding a hedman . but we also already have another hedman in seider :nod:

Seider has more bite to his game, kinda like Pronger. I see Edvidson more like Hedman

Reactions: evolutionbaby

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I really like this pick and am cheering for the kid to be a special player, but can I meme for a min and say something like "Lilja with hands" to poke fun at the haters?

Who f***ing hates this kid?
Maybe some guys wanted the 5'10 winger.
But be serious. Most of those guys love Edvinsson, too.

Detroit had three CRUCIAL needs at CRUCIAL positions.
Yzerman addressed two of them in Cossa and Edvinsson.

Center is all that's left, really. Unless someone busts.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I feel like all the negative things I heard about him at the draft have been completely nonexistent during the SHL preseason/CHL so far. All the good things, on the other hand, have been on full display. I’m honestly a little confused about him, he seems way better than what I was expecting. Is this just the case of a prospect getting over analyzed by the media since he was a top prospect for so long? His so called “weaknesses” rly just seem like parts of his game that he is only average at.

Maybe it's a bit of both. I'll admit that my early viewings of edvinsson left me wanting more. He looked better at the WJC18s and he has looked really damn good in the preseason and CHL games. I'm liking the continuous improvement in his game.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think it's way too early to put the hype train in gear. But it's great to see a kid off to a good start, even if it is a very small sample size.

Exactly. I'm cautiously optimistic. So far Edvinsson has looked like he belongs in a league playing against men and I think by the end of the season we'll have a much clearer picture of what we can realistically expect from him at the next level.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
appreciate the video, I expect he is mainly on this path to get his body a chance to fill out and that he will be with the griffins or straight up when that happens. Looking forward to watching the growth.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think it's way too early to put the hype train in gear. But it's great to see a kid off to a good start, even if it is a very small sample size.
breaking-bad.nothingstopsthistrain.gif

Honestly it's just great to see that he doesn't look like a huge project who will need 3-4 years of seasoning.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Almost as if the negative things that people had to say about him weren't really the appropriate criticisms to make in the first place. Most people who rated Edvinsson highly in this draft class have been trying to calm some of the criticisms for a while.

HF and Reddit tend to play a little bit like a shitty game of telephone. One person makes a comment and it evolves over time to be something entirely different and it becomes less and less applicable or accurate as more people start to echo the original comment.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad