2 hypothetical Questions

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
First one is would you take Patrick Marleau for a year if you could get Nazem Kadri?
Second: If Joel Quenneville says that he will take the job, but only if the Flyers acquire Duncan Keith, would you do it?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
First one is would you take Patrick Marleau for a year if you could get Nazem Kadri?
Second: If Joel Quenneville says that he will take the job, but only if the Flyers acquire Duncan Keith, would you do it?
i would not be opposed to Keith, but I would want to know what we would have to give up to get him. It would have to be something of non value.

As far as kadri marleau goes, I would do it. Kadri is a hell of a player especially as a 3rd line center. He is easily the best 3rd line center in the nhl

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010

I'd certainly do the 1st scenario without hesitation but I'm also assuming we're not shipping anything of significant value to the Leafs either.

The second one is tricky because it depends on what the Hawks ask is and if Keith is willing to waive his NMC for Philly.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
If a coaches demand to sign him is to acquire a specific player like Keith, then he would be crazy

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I veto the Keith option because Q isn't good enough to start demanding stuff before he walks through the door. That's an ugly precedent to set and Holmgren doesn't seem like the kind of guy to accept it anyway.

Reactions: Stizzle

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No on both. Kadri is actually having a downish year and I don't want Marleau.

If we strike out on free agents, i'd consider it.

We can flip Marleau for a draft pick at the trade deadline. Contenders will be interested in Marleau on an expiring contract.

Kadri has 3 years left at $4.5 million. I'd more comfortable with 2 years so as not clog up the center position for too long, but i'd still be fine with it. Kadri is still a very good 3C and Frost can play RW and fill in at C for injuries until they hand over the reigns to him full-time down the line.

Kadri does have a modified NTC though, so he'd have to approve a trade to the Flyers.

Marleau has a NMC, so he too would have to approve a trade.

Last edited:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I would say no to the Kadri Marleau deal, only because it would add over 10mil to the books next season and the Flyers still have to deal with their own RFAs over the summer and I wouldn’t want to give anything up to get Kadri or Marleau when we could sign a player that’s a middle six option out of free agency for just a single cap hit and the Flyers wouldn’t have to give any assets up.

I would also say no to the Keith deal especially him being 35 and Keith still has 4 more years on the books after this season.

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I'll go against the grain here regarding Kieth. He is a unbelievable fitness freak, that is undisputed. For a non 1st rd pick, I'd be in favor of it. The influence he'd have on youngsters like Provorov, Sanheim and Myers would be tremendous. I actually think he's top pair worthy for 2 more years and top 4/5 till hist contract is up.

Go ahead kill me now

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
I think that getting Kadri & Marleau would greatly help with depth next season. You lines next year would be.

JVR - Patrick - Giroux
Marleau - Couturier - Voracek ( unless he gets moved)
Lindbolm - Kadri - Konecny
Hartman - Laughton - Raffl

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Being a Toronto area guy I can tell you Marleau has looked quite poor the second half of this year.

However we'd have to give up a fair bit to get Kadri who I agree would be an ideal add at 3c and PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad