6) Oilers- Gagner
7) Jackets- Ellerby
8) Bruins- Sweatt
9) Blues- MacLean
10) Panthers- Petrecki

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
Oke says that they have Cherepanov to the Kings in their official mock but he feels that Cherepanov will drop because of the transfer agreement.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Why the hell do the guys doing this keep calling JvR, whom most see Philly picking, the "hometown kid" for Philly?

He's a lifelong Rangers fan.

He grew up in Central Jersey which is Rangers/Devils territory and not even anywhere near Philly territory.

Kind of annoying hearing it left and right that he's some "hometown kid" for Philly.

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's
Mock Drafts

Mike Oke

1. Patrick Kane
2. Kyle Turris
3. James Van Riemsdyk
4. Jakub Voracek
5. Karl Alzner
6. Sam Gagner
7. Keaton Ellerby
8. Bill Sweat
9. Brett McClean
10. Nick Petrecki

Guy

1. Kane
2. Van Riemsdyk
3. Turris
4. Alzner
5. Voracek
6. Gagner
7. Backlund
8. Perron
9. Ellerby
10. Logan Couture

1. Chicago - Pat Kane
2. Philadephia - Van Riemsdyk
3. Phoenix - Turris
4. LA - Cherepanov
5. Tampa (Wash) - Alzner
6. Edmonton - Voracek
7. Columbus - Gagner
8. Boston - Backlund
9. St. Louis - ________
10. FLA - Eller

Sleepers

- Jeremy Smith
- Riley Nash
- Dana Tyrell

Move up

- Brett McClean
- Alex Plante
- Brandon Sutter

Fall

- Angelo Esosito
- Logan Couture
- Logan Couture

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
great show, it looks like the oilers could be getting a player at 15. The picks were all over the place after 6th.

Heck, we may get chereponov if the rumours of him already signing a contract in russia are true.

hillbillypriest

Mar 20, 2002
there there
Visit site
For the benefit of fans of teams not located in Northern Alberta, I would highly recommend you check out the archive of this show when it get posted on the pipeline show website (tomorrow I think).

Mike Oke gives a great overview of the top prospects from each of the OHL, the Q, the WHL, the USHL, and Europe. Even though the show is targeted to an Edmonton audience, there was great info for draft watchers anywhere.

2 thumbs way up!!

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Why the hell do the guys doing this keep calling JvR, whom most see Philly picking, the "hometown kid" for Philly?

He's a lifelong Rangers fan.

He grew up in Central Jersey which is Rangers/Devils territory and not even anywhere near Philly territory.

Kind of annoying hearing it left and right that he's some "hometown kid" for Philly.

annoying? isnt he from the jersey shore?
yeah hes a Ranger fan. good for him.
I am glad hes a Ranger fan, because if he was a Flyer fan i wouldnt want him. because what happened the last time a team drafted a guy who was open about who he was a big fan of growing up oh yeah Hugh Jessiman. That has worked out well so far. :sarcasm:
The Flyers will not draft JVR unless they trade down IMO.

Guy Flaming

Let me chime in with a HUGE thank you to everyone who sent in emails erlier tonight. We literally had about 100 more than we could get on the show but most were pretty much copies of ones that did make it on so although your name might not have been mentioned, you hopefully got the answer you were seeking.

JVR being "the hometown guy"... we had him on the show 2 weeks ago and that's how he referred to himself being considered by Philly... we're not that dumb to think Philly is in NJ.

Just so you know, we didn't get to some of the subjects we wanted to like "Top fighters", "Goalies", "Top ______" so we might be hooking up with Mike again next Monday (for the 8-9PM Mountain time slot - 10-11 Eastern).

Thanks again... Cheers!

Guy

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sadly my speakers decided to stop working this afternoon before the show so I wasn't able to listen and/or participate but needless to say, once I get them working again I'll be downloading the podcast as the first thing that I do. It sounded like a great show and I can't wait to hear it.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
isnt he from the jersey shore?

I dont care if he is a NY Rangers fan, I doubt most of the Flyers today were Flyers fans, Giroux is an Ottawa fan, Ratchuck is a Buffalo fan, but the "hometown" Philly label is incorrect, he is from Middletown NJ, which is far from Philly, its probably about 20 miles from NY/NJ line. Its like someone calling Umberger a Philly boy because he grew up in Pittsburgh.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I dont care if he is a NY Rangers fan, I doubt most of the Flyers today were Flyers fans, Giroux is an Ottawa fan, Ratchuck is a Buffalo fan, but the "hometown" Philly label is incorrect, he is from Middletown NJ, which is far from Philly, its probably about 20 miles from NY/NJ line. Its like someone calling Umberger a Philly boy because he grew up in Pittsburgh.

I agree. It really doesnt matter who the guy cheered for growing up.
Hes a talented kid, I just dont see the Flyers taking him at 2.

Guy Flaming

Confirmed that we will be doing another hour with Mike next Monday (the second hour of the show). We have tons of emails already that we didn't get to that we'll try to remedy next week.

and if "JVR not being a hometown guy" is the only complaint... fantastic! Hope more of you will listen on a regular basis now. We just smashed our previous records for traffic to our show website with over 50,000 hits yesterday alone so :thumbu: and thanks!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
JVR being "the hometown guy"... we had him on the show 2 weeks ago and that's how he referred to himself being considered by Philly... we're not that dumb to think Philly is in NJ.

Never said you were "dumb" and think that Philly is in NJ. Don't know why you'd even make such an absurd comment.

It's just ridiculous to consider a Jersey Shore kid a "hometown guy" for a Philly team -- no matter if he said he's being considered by them or not. If he lived in Western NJ like a guy like Bobby Ryan or Bobby Sanguinetti, then yes. He'd be a "hometown" kid for a Philly team.

Jersey people are very particular about how people divide the state up and stuff like this -- where little to no research or even map-looking -- is done it pisses people off.

Same reason that I HATE it when someone considers where I live South Jersey and most others in the area do as well.

Guy Flaming

Never said you were "dumb" and think that Philly is in NJ. Don't know why you'd even make such an absurd comment.

It's just ridiculous to consider a Jersey Shore kid a "hometown guy" for a Philly team -- no matter if he said he's being considered by them or not. If he lived in Western NJ like a guy like Bobby Ryan or Bobby Sanguinetti, then yes. He'd be a "hometown" kid for a Philly team.

Jersey people are very particular about how people divide the state up and stuff like this -- where little to no research or even map-looking -- is done it pisses people off.

Same reason that I HATE it when someone considers where I live South Jersey and most others in the area do as well.

Before this gets even more blown out of proportion... I sincerely and humbly apologize to the people of the great State of New Jersey for not knowing your geography. No offence meant.

I hope we can move on now.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Before this gets even more blown out of proportion... I sincerely and humbly apologize to the people of the great State of New Jersey for not knowing your geography. No offence meant.

I hope we can move on now.

I sense some sarcasm, but I would've done the same thing.

New Jersians are complicated *******s and we like it that way. ;)

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
The ISS head Scout must have a man crush on McLean to put him in the Top 10.

They rank him as a player way lower, 20something, but he thinks that St. Louis likes him so much they grab at #8. He thinks St. Louis will like him enough to take him there. It may be a few picks too high but Boston doesn't have another pick in the first so they're gonna take the player THEY want the most. But I dont agree with the spot if McLean either, too high IMO.

Last edited:

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
The ISS head Scout must have a man crush on McLean to put him in the Top 10.

Before he joined ISS last season, Mike Oke was released from his assistant coaching duties with the Oshawa Generals, where he worked with Brett MacLean, so there may be some natural bias there.

theoil

Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
They rank him as a player way lower, 20something, but he thinks that St. Louis likes him so much they grab at #8. He thinks St. Louis will like him enough to take him there. It may be a few picks too high but Boston doesn't have another pick in the first so they're gonna take the player THEY want the most. But I dont agree with the spot if McLean either, too high IMO.

Or trade us Toivenen as our backup for #15 in some kind of deal involving even ups. Does that make sense for us? Somebody better at this than me think there is a deal in there someplace?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad