GDT: #2|Hockey Night in Canada|Penguins vs. Leafs|7 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Hello out there, we're on the air, it's 'Hockey Night' tonight.

:pens (1-0-0) @ :leafs (0-1-0)

7 ET

Live from:

toronto-play-air-canada-centre-3.jpg

and:

hnic-logo.jpg

NewNHLNetLogo_contmod100612.jpg

161919_169910413048481_2354012_n.jpg

Lineups:

From your Pittsburgh Penguins:

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Sutter-Malkin
Downie-Goc-Comeau
Spaling-Sill-Adams

Ehrhoff-Letang
Maatta-Martin
Scuderi-Despres

*Defence lines are from last game and are subject to change

From the Leafs:

van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kozun
Winnik-Holland-Panik
Komarov-Santorelli-Clarkson

Phaneuf-Robidas
Gardiner-Rielly
Percy-Polak

Bernier is confirmed starter for the Maple Leafs; Fleury is top of the depth chart, but unconfirmed.

Stats:

0cdfd7635f6a92a66098a6bd9ae61609.png

45076dae1ab8597979edfd392e290122.png

037e34fd6934b2f5c9218457ff40031d.png

Preview:

Season series: The Pittsburgh Penguins won two of three games against the Toronto Maple Leafs last season. Toronto's James van Riemsdyk led all scorers with five points (two goals). Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang and forward Evgeni Malkin led the Penguins with two goals and four points apiece, though each missed one of the three games.

Penguins team scope: Malkin had an assist in Pittsburgh's 6-4 season-opening victory against the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday. His ice time was limited to 16:58 after he missed all of the preseason games with an undisclosed injury, and he admitted he's not in top shape. "I didn't feel good," Malkin said of his conditioning, according to the Penguins website. "It was hard. I'm not in shape. I wanted to play the first game because I'm not injured and we played at home. I will just keep going every game. We had a nice practice. We win. That's good, but I should play better." Pittsburgh swapped defensemen with its American Hockey League affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins, recalling Scott Harrington and demoting Taylor Chorney.

Maple Leafs team scope: Toronto's fourth line could have a new look. One day after being claimed from the Tampa Bay Lightning on waivers, Richard Panik took a regular shift at practice on right wing on a line with Peter Holland and Daniel Winnik. Coach Randy Carlyle wouldn't confirm that Panik would play Saturday, but Panik would add offense to a line that managed three shots in a 4-3 loss to the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday. "I'm a big guy [6-foot-2], I can make plays, drive to the net, be hard to play against," Panik said after his first practice when asked what he can contribute. Matt Frattin, who saw the least time of any forward against the Canadiens, is the likeliest candidate to be scratched; he dressed as an extra Friday. Jonathan Bernier is expected to start in goal, with James Reimer making his season debut on the road against the New York Rangers on Sunday.

Previous game highlights:

Penguins:

[NHL]2014020007-X-h[/NHL]

Leafs:

[NHL]2014020001-X-h[/NHL]

We are on the road! Horn included:

Despite what the Hockey Song says, we do not want the home team to win. LET'S GO PENS!!!​

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Great OP! I'm excited for this one, especially seeing how the team played on Thursday.

As per usual the media here in Toronto is already in full meltdown mode over the Leafs.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Probably the most interesting part about tonight's game for me will be watching Adams ' and Scuderi's ice time. They both appear to be on a very short leash. At last.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Lines via @penguins:

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Sutter-Malkin
Comeau-Goc-Downie
Sill-Spaling-Adams

Ehrhoff-Letang
Maatta-Martin
Scuderi-Despres

Fleury in net

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
I wasn't expecting hockey to be this refreshing without Byslma.

Craig Adams almost sort of comes across as a black sheep.
I think it will only take a roster tweak or two to make this a complete team (the winger situation has been a tiresome problem, but I believe it will be solved eventually).

LucSZ

Aug 10, 2014
Good job OP!

I'm really excited for this game. I usually like the Leafs but not today! HNIC! LGP!

jrolley325

Dec 12, 2010
Youngstown, OH
remember: the game probably won't actually start until about 7:15. HNIC games in toronto and montreal are always delayed quite a bit while the home team touches itself over stuff that happened 40 years ago.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
If Phaneuf plays like he has been, the Crosby/Hornqvist line will eat him alive.

remember: the game probably won't actually start until about 7:15. HNIC games in toronto and montreal are always delayed quite a bit while the home team touches itself over stuff that happened 40 years ago.

I believe Toronto will be honoring the grandchildren of the man who sold Syl Apps a goldfish once.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I love seeing genuine answers and talk about fixing issues. So much better than "we just didn't get to our game"

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
More speed coming down the neutral zone? would love to have Greiss get his chance tonight, probably wont happen. Pens don't play untill Wednesday after this. :/ Let's dominate the Leafs possession wise, then play the aggressive 1-3-1 to hold the lead and win the game 5-2. Crosby with a hatty and 2 assists, Dupuis 3 assists, Maatta 3 assists, Hornqvist 1 goal 1 assist and Malkin 1 goal. Kessel with both Leafs goals with 1 on PP and 1 from a turnover from Letang that creates a breakaway.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I feel like we can go 82-0-0. Just sayin' Go Pens Go
It feels so good to refind that team excitement i've lost over the last few years. Just , so good.

Let's go 2-0, then watch Carlyle lose his job and Bylsma hired. Then Leafs fans will lose their mind calling Bylsma out. They will win, but they will win looking like zombies getting controlled by Bylsma. The Toronto media will have a hayday with how long it takes Bylsma to form a sentence.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003

man, that is so refreshing. other teams are actually capable of doing things that counteract your gameplan that require adjustments instead of just a broad failure of 'getting to your game' like some kind of unstoppable juggernaut that wins every time their game is gotten to or even has a game against sophisticated opponents.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Let's go 2-0, then watch Carlyle lose his job and Bylsma hired. Then Leafs fans will lose their mind calling Bylsma out. They will win, but they will win looking like zombies getting controlled by Bylsma. The Toronto media will have a hayday with how long it takes Bylsma to form a sentence.

And then we trade Adams for their 1st overall pick, and we watch Bylsma create the best line in hockey

Clarkson-Adams-Kessel

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I forgot about the free NHL Center Ice period at the start of the season so I will get to see this one. Now the torturous decision: listening to that Bob Cole idiot (I think that's his name) or Steigerwald. I am forced to choose between two different brands of "man this is horrible, someone pour bleach in my ears before it's too late!" Maybe i'll get lucky and it will be Hughson :thumbu:, although Vancouver plays tonight so probably not. :|

Also I like hearing Johnston say the PK is an issue, because the PK is the only thing Adams has left in his "perceived value" cards. Hopefully this a-hole's days are numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad