Pre-Game Talk: 2 games left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenguinIPA

Apr 4, 2014
Yes Brooks stays very healthy by not being physical in front of MAF, and by turning the puck over quickly so as not to get hit in the corners, he's a had a "healthy" year in that regard...

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Funniest clip in the DET game was him standing well out of the way of the TWO Wings screening MAF on a PK, then finally Franzen maybe stepped up and hammered Orpik from behind and down he went. Just comical.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
at least Orpik is honest, i feel like pens would rest players if it was a road game.

It will probably be another game were the pens go through the motions, 2 more games of this BS.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Pens should rest the top 6 Sunday, call up some playaz, play as a grinding team! Then also rest Orpik/Scuderi, just cuz!

nah rest the top 6 and play the crap out of Orpik/Scuderi. That way they might get dinged up and we'll have to play someone better like Bortuzzo and Despres.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
nah rest the top 6 and play the crap out of Orpik/Scuderi. That way they might get dinged up and we'll have to play someone better like Bortuzzo and Despres.

BRILLIANT!!!! that's why you're the coach and i'm just a lowly farmer boy who's not worthy.

*bows down to vikingGoalie*
Not worthy, Not Worthy!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'd rather see Engo dressed on the 4th line against Philly than Megna at this point. It's pretty clear Megna won't be playing as soon as one of the fwds gets healthy anyhow. I just wouldn't put it past Philly doing something stupid tomorrow even without Rinaldo and I certainly don't trust Glass/Adams to police the situation, especially with Bort unlikely to be dressed.

It's the Ottawa game I'm more worried about. Philly still has something to play for. They can't really afford to run around like idiots, unless they want to risk falling in the standings to face the Bruins in the first round. Ottawa, on the other hand, is out and has nothing to lose by guys like Neil or Smith running around being idiots.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
....I hate that place so bad I almost root against Rocky...

rock.jpg

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
At least they figured out Megna is better the Payerl on a line with Pyatt and Adams. Baby steps.
That’s the positive spin I’ll put on that too. Just don’t ask whether or not Pyatt does anything better than Payerl.

That 2nd line is brutal. Do the Pens have shootout competition where if you lose you get Gibbons on your line?
You love you some Gibbons-ragging. What gives? You got a midget in your avatar in David Spade. Why you pickin on short folk?

I'd rather see Engo dressed on the 4th line against Philly than Megna at this point. It's pretty clear Megna won't be playing as soon as one of the fwds gets healthy anyhow. I just wouldn't put it past Philly doing something stupid tomorrow even without Rinaldo and I certainly don't trust Glass/Adams to police the situation, especially with Bort unlikely to be dressed.
Seconded. Simmonds is going to be in full ****-head mode. Although I’m not sure 4th line Engelland would see enough time to rough up Simmonds acting a fool in front of Fleury. Who am I kidding? The 4th line will have plenty of time. And as we know, Brooks will take care of the front of the net.

I'd honestly rather avoid injuries against the Sens. Chris Neil is as big a loser as anyone on the Flyers.
Great 2 last game to mentally challenge the Pens…ugh. Hopefully Neil won’t have any message-sending to do for a potential playoff matchup so he won’t be a total dbag. Wishful thinking.

Rocky is the most over rated piece of muff garbage of a movie I've seen, and he takes falls.
Just gonna throw this out there: I like the city of Philadelphia, can’t stand the Flyers, and have never seen any of the Rocky movies from start to finish. Can’t do it; it’s impossible.

Like the crappy players would do enough to get hurt.
:laugh: they know the team can’t afford to have them hurt. At least, that’s probably what Bylsma tells them. You know that each scrub, specifically Adams and Glass, really believes they’re a big contributor to the team’s success.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
Why play Crosby? I swear if he gets hurt vs philly on a cheap shot, Dan needs to pack his bags.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Why play Crosby? I swear if he gets hurt vs philly on a cheap shot, Dan needs to pack his bags.

This is the part I don't get. They sit him against Colorado, who isn't really a dirty team and who has zero bad blood with the Pens, but plan on playing him against both Philly and Ottawa, who do have dirty players and who do have bad blood with the Pens?

I guess it would be typical Bylsma logic: do the opposite of what makes sense and think it's pure genius.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA

This is the part I don't get. They sit him against Colorado, who isn't really a dirty team and who has zero bad blood with the Pens, but plan on playing him against both Philly and Ottawa, who do have dirty players and who do have bad blood with the Pens?

I guess it would be typical Bylsma logic: do the opposite of what makes sense and think it's pure genius.

You guys are serious? Probably had something to do with a nagging injury and trying to avoid the back-to-back. Do you really think Sid would sit because management would be afraid he was going to be hurt against the Flyers or Sens? That's just bizarre.

Sluggermatt15

Mar 30, 2014
Nation's Capital
I'd honestly rather avoid injuries against the Sens. Chris Neil is as big a loser as anyone on the Flyers.

Yep. Someone needs to cheap shot his rear end. What a dirtbag.

If I were Pittsburgh... try this afternoon against Philadelphia. Rest the guys tomorrow against Ottawa. Tomorrow's game is meaningless. The Senators are not playing in the postseason. There is no need to take a risk of players getting hurt. At least today's game against the Flyers is against a playoff quality team. IMO it's important for the Penguins to test themselves one more time before the playoffs begin. I think they need to take it seriously, not blow leads late in games, kill penalties, score on the PP, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad