GDT: #2 | Flyers at Senators | October 14, 2023 | 1:00 Degrees Celsius PM | NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
FLYERS: 1-0-0 (W1)
SENATORS: 0-1-0 (L1)

1697250624540.png

BROADCAST:

NBCSP
ESPN+
Whatever You Canadians Watch

FLYERS LINEUP:

Farabee- Couturier-Foerster
Tippett-Frost-Atkinson
Laughton-Cates-Konecny
Deslauriers-Poehling- Hathaway

York-Sanheim
Staal-Walker
Andrae-Seeler

Hart
Ersson

Injuries:

Ristolainen (IR due to the body part)
Ellis (And ah, how hard it is to say just what/this wild and rough and stubborn woodland was,/the very thought of which renews my fear!)

SENATORS LINEUP:

Tkachuk-Stützle-Mr. Giroux
Joseph-Greig-Tarasenko
Kubalik-Chartier-Batherson
Kelly-Kastelic-MacEwen (game time decision)

Chychrun-Chabot
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Hamonic

Korpisalo
Forsberg

Injuries:

Norris (DTD)
MacEwen (DTD)

NERRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

5v5 On-Ice, Rates, Last 5 Games:
1697251152749.png

1697251181369.png

Goalies:
1697251231966.png

GDT Song

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
1697288836281.jpeg

Ad for the game in Finland because its on Prime Time

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ottawa is going to chase a PO spot with this bottom six?

Kubalik-Chartier-Batherson
Kelly-Kastelic-MacEwen (game time decision)

Kastelic (24) 65g 7-4 11
Kelly (24) 55g 1-2 3
MacEwen (27) need I say more

Kubalik (28) 13-15 28
Batherson (25) 8-25 33 -35
Chartier (27) 20 NHL games 1-0 0

If Norris is out for an extended period, they'll be desperate to sign Pinto and add depth.
Danny, "cry tough"

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Second game of the season with Risto out. Overreaction much?

York, Sanheim, Risto are locks.
Walker they want to showcase.
So I expect Zamula to win the 3LHD job, Andrae to LHV and Seeler/Staal rotating.

They're not going to bench Risto as long as they think they can improve him enough to make him marketable next summer. There's no rush and why would Danny want to eat the rest of his contract?

Walker has potential TDL value, they're not going to deep six him just to placate this board.

That leaves two spots, Zamula - Andrae is probably not ideal for the development of either player, neither is Zamula - Seeler/Staal for that matter.

So
York - Risto
Zamula - Sanheim
Seeler/Staal - Walker

With Andrae coming back up in a few months, and after the TDL, whoever is looking best on LHV.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia

Ridiculous. There is zero reason for Marc Staal to be playing on this team. None.

Second game of the season with Risto out. Overreaction much?

York, Sanheim, Risto are locks.
Walker they want to showcase.
So I expect Zamula to win the 3LHD job, Andrae to LHV and Seeler/Staal rotating.

They're not going to bench Risto as long as they think they can improve him enough to make him marketable next summer. There's no rush and why would Danny want to eat the rest of his contract?

Walker has potential TDL value, they're not going to deep six him just to placate this board.

That leaves two spots, Zamula - Andrae is probably not ideal for the development of either player, neither is Zamula - Seeler/Staal for that matter.

So
York - Risto
Zamula - Sanheim
Seeler/Staal - Walker

With Andrae coming back up in a few months, and after the TDL, whoever is looking best on LHV.

Staal being a liability helps no one. It's Yandle level bad

Stop trying to excuse everything, even objectively terrible decisions.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ridiculous. There is zero reason for Marc Staal to be playing on this team. None.

Staal being a liability helps no one. It's Yandle level bad

Stop trying to excuse everything, even objectively terrible decisions.
Uh, what is the goal this season? Finish with 90 points?

I'd say it's extract as much value out of veterans as possible, both the TDL and next summer, and gradually work in prospects in preparation for next season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Developing players doesn't mean rushing them into the lineup.

Andrae for example, would have to really cut back on mistakes to play in the NHL right now, there's no question he has the talent, it's just how fast he can climb the learning curve - and playing big minutes in LHV might be preferable to less than ideal pairs in the NHL at this point. On the other hand, they're giving him a chance to change their minds.

There's also the reality that Briere has to be patient, Ottawa is a good example, he could have made a deal for Joseph if he wanted to be low balled. Some of that patience is with veterans until the right deal comes along.

Briere signed Hathaway to a two year deal and Staal to a one year deal at the beginning of a 3+ year rebuild (on top of two years of an accidental rebuild). That's it. No long-term contracts given out.

Couts, Sanheim, Risto, Atkinson, Laughton were all inherited.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Uh, what is the goal this season? Finish with 90 points?

I'd say it's extract as much value out of veterans as possible, both the TDL and next summer, and gradually work in prospects in preparation for next season.
:laugh:

Look at thise goalposts swaying. you said the kids would play. Wrong again. Kids scratched, vets play.

Reactions: Curufinwe and BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad