Proposal: 2 draft day trades

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I think it's only because we're getting Eichel. I hope.

I don't get what the problem is with the deals really. Although not likely to happen, they do make us better IMHO. Colorado has too many RHD, so I think you would need to swap Bogosian with Zadorov.

What do you expect from Reinhart point wise? I don't see him as a PPG player. Maybe in the 50-60 point range with great defense. Doesn't that describe O'Reilly? O'Reilly is proven and still young. Sure you are going to have to pay him sooner, but it could help to have his and Eichels contracts expiring at different times rather than at the same time as Eichel and Reinhart would (right?). On top of that you get what is likely a franchise LHD to pair with Ristolainen and another top 10 pick in a great draft (Winger).

Sabers fans are rejecting it on this board, but I would say Colorado is the team that is more likely to say now thanks. Aren't we always looking to be on the quality side and not the quantity side of trades? To me the Avalanche deal is a no brainer and swapping C depth for equal defense would seem to make sense.

rowf

Jan 25, 2014
Kelowna, BC, Canada
How about a wrinkle..

To Arizona: Sam Reinhart
To Buffalo : 3rd Overall

To Avalanche: 3rd Overall
To Buffalo: Ryan O'Reilly and 10th overall

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
How about a wrinkle..

To Arizona: Sam Reinhart
To Buffalo : 3rd Overall

To Avalanche: 3rd Overall
To Buffalo: Ryan O'Reilly and 10th overall

How about,

To Arizona: Rienhart
To Buffalo: #3

To Colorado: Grigeranko, Zadarov, 21st
To Buffalo: ROR, #10

Scenario: Eichel at 2, Hannifin at 3, ? at/for 10

Questions: tweaking on the Colorado trade and what pick at 10, or trade down for a net minder (Gibson and Ducks 1st?)

Does this make us better without selling the fact so to speak?
Need input on this, appreciate it all.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
To Colorado: Grigeranko, Zadarov, 21st
To Buffalo: ROR, #10

Pretty sure Colorado laughs and slams the phone on this one.

Zadorov and 21 and something else gets you ROR by himself.

There is no way Grigorenko has the value in him to get #10 thrown into things. Not close.

rowf's trades are much closer, and I still think we'd have to add a sweetener to get ROR and 10 for 3.

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
To Buffalo - Brandon Sutter (Think hes a perfect 3rd line C)

To Pittsburgh - they'd probabaly take a 2nd considering they traded Dupres for Lovejoy.....

RasmWristshotlainen

Jun 24, 2015
Finland
Trade Johnson (G) to Edmonton for Pakarinen(RW). Offer grigorenko(C)+3rd to Sens for Lehner(G). Draft Eichel & Blackwood. We get our young wanted goalies, one to give a shot at starters position and one to develop into a star in buffalo. We get rid of grigorenko who don't have a spot in the roster and fill a depth wing need at RW. Johnson to EDM who need a starter and we fill the need another way. Is it way off?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad