Value of: #2 Center at the deadline

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
So if you are a contending team looking for depth down the middle and a player with the following description is available to be had in a trade, what would that players worth be?

This is a rental player. UFA at years end

#2C (two way player that can play PP and PK)
6'1 200lbs
60gp 13g 23A 36P

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So if you are a contending team looking for depth down the middle and a player with the following description is available to be had in a trade, what would that players worth be?

6'1 200lbs
60gp 13g 23A 36P
Well considering you are talking about Bozak, basically nothing because he wouldn't even be our 4th line center.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

This is a rental player. UFA at years end

6'1 200lbs
60gp 13g 23A 36P

Is this another Tyler Bozak trade thread?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
1st round pick + Dahlbeck

The 'mystery' player is clearly Vermette before the Chicago trade, not Bozak. Cmon boys

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I'd like some confirmation that it is Bozak so I know to apply my anti-Leaf bias please :sarcasm:

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
If a team needs a 2C this seems like the staple late first. I think it's an overpayment but that tends to happen at the deadline

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
not talking about any specific player. just a hypothetical situation. However it seems that most people are not interested in actually discussing this thread topic.

Probably because discussing hypothetical mystery center A is no good if all you have is size and point totals for one year to discuss.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Probably a high second or pair of seconds. Maybe even a low first round pick. It depends on whether or not the acquiring team can see the centre being able to fill as a top line centre if something happens as well as if they could be comfortable moving down into the 3rd line if a team is deep enough. It also depends on what type of other assets the acquiring team would be willing to move in terms of prospects or young players which could bring the price down in terms of picks.

In the case of a centre that could fill in as a first line type centre but work well in the 2nd and 3rd lines I could see a first round pick being paid especially if the cap hit was good.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Depends on +/- too... if this player is constantly -30.... well maybe a 4th as an injury filler.

If he's +15 before the deadline playing tough minutes then a 1st+

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
That kind of player is probably worth way less than 4 or 5 years ago, when many teams were desperate for center depth.
So many great young centers draftet over the last few years.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
not talking about any specific player. just a hypothetical situation. However it seems that most people are not interested in actually discussing this thread topic.

Probably, for many posters, it's because if you don't tell them the player they can't **** on the player, you and your entire fan base. :shakehead

For others, it's because who the player is allows them to breakdown more statistics and their own view of the player to make assessment. :)

Anyways, for me, I would need more information...
what is his faceoff percentage?
36 points. Over the past 3 seasons has he averaged a 48 point scoring pace?
How many points on the PP?
Did he just get off an injury (missing 22 games in one season is fairly significant) or is he injury prone?
The most important question... what is his history in past playoff performances?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad