Proposal: 2 Bruins Trades.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This is totally wrong. The defensive side of his game is borderline top-tier. His offense is where his inconsistencies lie.
Other than "I watch him and I think he's borderline top tier" can you point to some evidence to support your contention? Because I can certainly point to some that he isn't top tier. I'm definitely willing to consider information as long as it isn't the all knowing "eye test".

Ryanfrancis4426

Jan 9, 2010
Abington, MA
Ok, seems like I didn’t do too bad here. I honestly threw crap against the wall in my Coyle deal; havent seen him play at all this season.

I just really hope DS does something. They have so many spare piece prospect types to not get anything done.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Boston should target either Panarin or Stone. They are they only two team that can really make a difference for them.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
What would people be willing to give up? Unless they can somehow lose Backes’ aneimic contract they would have no way of resigning either guy.

I dont know but I just feel it'a pointless for them to go after players like Silfverberg or Simmonds because at the end of the day they won't change anything. The only game changer out there are Panarin and Stone.

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
Other than "I watch him and I think he's borderline top tier" can you point to some evidence to support your contention? Because I can certainly point to some that he isn't top tier. I'm definitely willing to consider information as long as it isn't the all knowing "eye test".

I don't do advanced stats, so it would be purely based on watching every Ducks game year-in and year-out (even this season...) and his general reputation and role (him and Cogs were usually our first PK unit/threat, playing the checking line with Kes/Cogs for years).

Obviously, for any Ducks players, this year is an outlier and we'll see what they do now that RC is gone (which, just my personal opinion/hope, was the team quit on him long ago and all didn't somehow forget how to play hockey). Then again, with BM at the helm, could be nothing changes until next season.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't do advanced stats, so it would be purely based on watching every Ducks game year-in and year-out (even this season...) and his general reputation and role (him and Cogs were usually our first PK unit/threat, playing the checking line with Kes/Cogs for years).

Obviously, for any Ducks players, this year is an outlier and we'll see what they do now that RC is gone (which, just my personal opinion/hope, was the team quit on him long ago and all didn't somehow forget how to play hockey). Then again, with BM at the helm, could be nothing changes until next season.

Ok so here's the thing with your eyetest: So you watch every single Ducks game and know those players really well....

so that means you DON'T watch other teams (unless they are playing the Ducks). So you don't see those players enough to know them any more than someone who doesn't watch every Ducks game knows Silfverberg. That's why objective quantifiable information is useful.

Silf is a good defensively as a winger. I don't think he's elite, and the 1 4th place Selke Vote he's gotten the last 2 years kinda suggests he isn't "elite" (probably a Ducks beat writer voting for him, as that's what we see often from beat writers, they'll throw a late vote for a local guy). Even if I say he's "Very good" defensively... there's a limit to how much I'm going to value that in a deal. Is the guy he'd be replacing already "good"? If so, then getting a slight upgrade in that aspect may not be worth it.

At the end of the day the value with Jakob is going to come down to what I said before: Do you think he's a "Playoff Beast" who somehow gets even better in the playoffs and this will be a reproducible attribute that he'll bring with him... or do you think he's a good player who in 2 playoff runs saw an increase in production in a small sample size that is just as likely to NOT be reproduced as it is?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
So you blast the crap out of my ducks proposal yet Boston offers scrubs and a second and that gets them Silverberg?

Okay

Donato who looks okay but Johnsson is a scrub,
24 year old AHL player
Likely a late second

The world makes sense again

Silf is a rental winger. You were after a signed top 4 d in Manson who’s on the top pairing in Anaheim and trying to pedal off Zaitsev. There’s no comparison between these deals.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Boston should target either Panarin or Stone. They are they only two team that can really make a difference for them.

Lack of depth can be a killer too. Silf and Simmonds could both be difference makers too. Defensive winger in Silf who’s shown he steps up in the playoffs and Simmonds as a net front presence. Playoffs typically see teams tighten up and lots of times those garbage goals can be the difference

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I think you could take the 2nd out of the first one and it's more than fair. The second one is brutal

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
What would people be willing to give up? Unless they can somehow lose Backes’ aneimic contract they would have no way of resigning either guy.

The Bruins have the 8th most cap space available with all of their contract players outside of Carlo having terrible years. Heinen is finally out of his slump but the contracts for McAvoy, DeBrusk and Carlo won't be nearly as bad as we had originally thought after their rookie years.

The real problem is that Panarin is going to go to free agency July 1st and is a pure rental.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t see what that deal does for Minnesota. Would rather keep Coyle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad