Ryanfrancis4426

Jan 9, 2010
Abington, MA
Trade 1.

Bruins- Jakob Silfverberg

Anaheim- Ryan Donato
Ryan Fitzgerald
2019 BOS 2nd

Ideally I’d like someone who is more of a banger than Silf but ya can’t deny that he turns his game up in the playoffs. I hate to give up Donato but would rather package him with a 2nd over giving up our first again.

Trade 2.

Bruins- Charlie Coyle

Minnesota- Jeremy Lauzon
Jakob Forsbaka Karlsson
Jakob Lauko

I’ve had enough with the experiment that has been the abs third line center. bring Coyle home and see what happens. The give was tough to judge on this one so don’t kill be too badly.

Bruins Lines

Marchand-Bergeron-Silfverberg
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Celarick-Coyle-Heinen
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
Backes Accari

Reactions: Troy

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Pretty good. You surr the Bruins would trade Donato though. I'd add a first on the condition if he Silverberg resigns though. Thats jus my opinion though

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
Boston walks away on both trade proposal easily. Donato as to much value to give away for Silverberg and JFK as way more value alone then Coyle and your adding two great prospect to boot. Not worth the 28 points that Coyle as this year. These two players are not worth more then one B prospect and a 2nd. More then that, just walk away.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’d say it’s pretty good value you’ve offered. Some maybe even say a slight overpayment. Silf will cost though, he’s underrated. Would be a good fit in Boston.

Coyle has been a whipping boy in Minny. You likely could get him for a tad less than your offer. I’m not a Minny fan though so I’m not familiar with their needs, just saying value is there.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Over payment for both deals. First one is a bit closer, but not sure I would be giving up on Donato. He just needs some time to further develop. He has a true NHL shot. Silverberg is not really what the Bruins need, but he would be a good addition. He's a UFA and not worth the rental price on this deal.
Charlie Coyle deal is bad. Maybe JFK and another prospect. ( all three) But you are not trading Lauzon who is likely in the NHL next year and Lauko is a top end prospect that the Bruins likely have no interest in moving.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Over payment for both deals. First one is a bit closer, but not sure I would be giving up on Donato. He just needs some time to further develop. He has a true NHL shot. Silverberg is not really what the Bruins need, but he would be a good addition. He's a UFA and not worth the rental price on this deal.
Charlie Coyle deal is bad. Maybe JFK and another prospect. ( all three) But you are not trading Lauzon who is likely in the NHL next year and Lauko is a top end prospect that the Bruins likely have no interest in moving.

Silf is a beast in the playoffs. How is he not a need? Serious question

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Silfverberg doesn't seem to be valued by a segment of Bruins fans, and I don't see why. I know not everybody likes the same players, but they seem to be missing the boat on Silf. Dude has a pretty good shot, great defensively, produces in the playoffs, plays RW, won't cost the farm. Seems like a lay-up for Boston's *ahem* conservative GM. More should be on board. Not a flashy add, but a necessary one.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Silf is a beast in the playoffs. How is he not a need? Serious question

He's not that good. I don't care what two playoff runs of the past say about him. Switching a team can knock that "beast of the playoffs" right off his high horse. Just ask Derrick Brassard.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Trade 1.

Anaheim- Ryan Donato
Ryan Fitzgerald
2019 BOS 2nd

Ideally I’d like someone who is more of a banger than Silf but ya can’t deny that he turns his game up in the playoffs. I hate to give up Donato but would rather package him with a 2nd over giving up our first again.

Trade 2.

Bruins- Charlie Coyle

Minnesota- Jeremy Lauzon
Jakob Forsbaka Karlsson
Jakob Lauko

I’ve had enough with the experiment that has been the abs third line center. bring Coyle home and see what happens. The give was tough to judge on this one so don’t kill be too badly.

Bruins Lines

DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Celarick-Coyle-Heinen
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
Backes Accari
If Sweeney gives up JFK, Lauzon and Lauko for a 15+ goal/35+ point player like Coyle he deserves to get fired.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Trade 1.

Anaheim- Ryan Donato
Ryan Fitzgerald
2019 BOS 2nd

Trade 2.

Bruins- Charlie Coyle

Minnesota- Jeremy Lauzon
Jakob Forsbaka Karlsson
Jakob Lauko

Bruins Lines

DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Celarick-Coyle-Heinen
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
Backes Accari

The first deal I can live with but your WAY over paying for Coyle

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I do wonder if the Bruins would trade Donato. Totally reasonable value, though.

The latter deal has one asset too many.

Edit: let me rephrase. I highly doubt the Bruins would move Donato.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Holy **** overpayment on the second!! Even the first one seems a bit overkill for a ufa.

I'm big on Silf coming to B's but unless they can talk about an extension that is a high price for a free agent that isn't a huge name. Coyle is built for a 3rd line role but so is JFK, with some seasoning he'll be better than Coyle in a couple years. Lauzon and Lauko impressed this year and I doubt Boston gives up on both so early for a 3C.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I’d say it’s pretty good value you’ve offered. Some maybe even say a slight overpayment. Silf will cost though, he’s underrated. Would be a good fit in Boston.

Coyle has been a whipping boy in Minny. You likely could get him for a tad less than your offer. I’m not a Minny fan though so I’m not familiar with their needs, just saying value is there.

So you blast the crap out of my ducks proposal yet Boston offers scrubs and a second and that gets them Silverberg?

Okay

Donato who looks okay but Johnsson is a scrub,
24 year old AHL player
Likely a late second

The world makes sense again

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Silfverberg doesn't seem to be valued by a segment of Bruins fans, and I don't see why. I know not everybody likes the same players, but they seem to be missing the boat on Silf. Dude has a pretty good shot, great defensively, produces in the playoffs, plays RW, won't cost the farm. Seems like a lay-up for Boston's *ahem* conservative GM. More should be on board. Not a flashy add, but a necessary one.
I "like" Silf, but I don't love him, and I wouldn't do the original deal for him.

He has a "pretty good shot" but isn't good at creating chances with it. I'd call him below avg in creativity. He's also just an average NHL skater. He's "ok" defensively, but how much weight I put in a decent defensive winger on my 2nd or 3rd line over an "adequate" one is a question of cost-benefit. Sure, I'd like everyone to be a little bit better defensively but how much is that worth?

What it comes down to is this whole "Beast in a playoffs" thing. It depends on whether you think this is a true trait that is reproducible in other times and places or whether it is just a case of small sample size. I do believe that there are some players who don't shrink in big pressure moments, and some who do. But I find often when you are evaluating a kinda mid-roster guy and putting a lot of weight on stuff like that, you end up overpaying.

Just too much to give up for a rental when the team really isn't a contender.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
So you blast the crap out of my ducks proposal yet Boston offers scrubs and a second and that gets them Silverberg?

Okay

Donato who looks okay but Johnsson is a scrub,
24 year old AHL player
Likely a late second

The world makes sense again
Because in your proposal:

ANA was giving up 2 players under contract for next year. 1 of whom is a top 4 RD, which is a position of value. The other of whom is a PF, who also is valued highly in the league (though some would argue too valued). But both of those players are going to be on ANA next year. They are losing 2 key pieces in your deal to add no key pieces.

In this deal they are dealing a guy who is gone in a few months, from a team that is going nowhere this year.

The fact that you couldn't see these differences kinda explains how you could've made such a silly proposal in the first place. Learn about other teams, where they are in the contend/rebuild phase, learn about contracts and values of UFAs-to-be and guys under affordable contracts.

This will help clear up your confusions.

Reactions: Desert Duck

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Trade 1.

Anaheim- Ryan Donato
Ryan Fitzgerald
2019 BOS 2nd

Trade 2.

Bruins- Charlie Coyle

Minnesota- Jeremy Lauzon
Jakob Forsbaka Karlsson
Jakob Lauko

Bruins Lines

DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Celarick-Coyle-Heinen
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
Backes Accari

No and No

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Both deals are overpayments, especially that 2nd deal. I will never understand Bruins fans and their fascination with Charlie Coyle. If this guy was from Florida, no one would suggest trades for him... But since he's a good ol' Boston boy, he's constantly proposed, and the offers are never any good. Take out Lauko + Lauzon and add a pick if you want Coyle. All three is a massive overpay.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
two big over payments, especially that second trade. If we're offering that package to Minnesota, then we're asking for Parise.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't see why we'd trade Coyle right now unless Fenton knew that he wasn't in the long term plans and wanted to cash in on an offer he couldn't refuse. He's been far from a whipping boy this year.

JFK would be attractive, though I'm not sure what his ceiling is. He seems like he's sort of in the same place that Eriksson-Ek is, which isn't bad but might be somewhat redundant. Especially with Rask being on the team as well.

I don't think there's much room for Lauzon. After adding Hunt and Bitetto we've suddenly got piles of depth at LD behind Suter and Brodin.

I don't want to dismiss Lauko, but he also seems like the sort of prospect we've already got.

It seems like we'd be breaking Coyle down into a bunch of pieces we already have, when Coyle himself is a player we have very little of.

Reactions: wintersej

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
I "like" Silf, but I don't love him, and I wouldn't do the original deal for him.

He has a "pretty good shot" but isn't good at creating chances with it. I'd call him below avg in creativity. He's also just an average NHL skater. He's "ok" defensively, but how much weight I put in a decent defensive winger on my 2nd or 3rd line over an "adequate" one is a question of cost-benefit. Sure, I'd like everyone to be a little bit better defensively but how much is that worth?

This is totally wrong. The defensive side of his game is borderline top-tier. His offense is where his inconsistencies lie.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
1st seems fine. 2nd seems like an overpayment.

But I think this proves that the Bruins have the assets to get multiple deals done at the Trade Deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad