2 bite the dust...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1. Chicago 2006 2nd rounder (#33 overall) IGOR MAKAROV has gone back to Russia signing a 3 yr deal with SKA of the KHL...thus ends another Chicago russkie failure to develop--if it is any consolation the other draftees in 2006 who were were forwrds taken from 34 on tothe end of that round have not exactly gone on to shin as NHl'ers -wityh 2 noteable exceptions --KULEMIN (Leafs) and ANISIMOV (NYR) -of course both would never have secured NHl roster spots had they been taken by CHI insted of Makarov...

2. In a very surprising development RW SIMON DAHL 6'2 198 and a prolific Swedish Jr. scoring machine since 2008/09 --announced he has retired at age 20 due to lack of motivation.Though he was never drafted he was a very good points getter in his jr. career with 116 goals and 79 assists in 140 P against jrs (reg. season,playoffs,and international games ) plus he did play in 11 DIV 1 games and 2 games with the Linkoping SEL club too ...Anyway is surprising he just gave up on hockey given that he was such a good scorer against his age peer group ..He was supposed to play with Morrum this year (DIV 1).
Sad when obviously talented players just lose their motivation for the game.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
In a very surprising development RW SIMON DAHL 6'2 198 and a prolific Swedish Jr. scoring machine since 2008/09 --announced he has retired at age 20 due to lack of motivation ... Sad when obviously talented players just lose their motivation for the game.

I agree - but it's better for both the player and future teams (Not to mention their fans) that this decision be made now rather than somewhere down the road when some real damage could be done. If he'd rather be doing something else than so be it - wish him well and leave the door open in case he wants to return.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Is this hawksfan50's last SIMON DAHL post?

End of an era.

;)
Looks like it won't be. :laugh:

He came out of retirement a little over a month ago and made his Allsvenskan debut yesterday vs. Borås.
He was scoreless but his coach said he did well.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes I was going to post on DAHL's return from "retirement" ...Actually he now has 7 goals and 4 assists in 11GP --if you extrapolate that for 26 GP (as many of the top scoring leaders have played--some even have 27GP) then he'd have 16to 17 gooals and 9 assists --so 25 or 26 points and be right up in the top 6 ponts leaders for the J-20 Super Elit South and he'd be tied for first or leading in goals (the top goal scorer currently has 16)...DAHL has always put up the points in his Jr. leagues play
-but note that he is back with his old club Tingsryds which is not a very good club this year--sitting 10th in an 11 team league ....So he does not have that much talent around him else he would have even more points...

I still do not know why DAHL was not drafted--he has size,is a good skater,always has put up the points ...maybe his consistency shift to shift wasan issue but perhaps his finding out he missed hockey and came out of "retirement" after being discouraged (in not getting drafted,in not sticking with LINKOPING for his chance at moving up to the SEL,and i guess not wanting to play for a DIV 1 team --so i guess he just decided to pack it in at the sttart of this year-BUT found he missed hockey --so his old Jr.club Tingsryds needed help and gave him another chance to revive his career)...whether this translates to interest from an SEL club for next year or advancement to the tingsryds senior club team which currently sits 11th out of 14 ALLSVENSKAN LEAGUE teams and needs to avoid relegation back to DIV 1 status if it falls to the last 2 spots and needs to play a qualifier series with the other bottom team plus top 2 teams fromDIV 1..

I wonder that if DAHL played for a top J-20 Super Elit south team this year like Rogle -and played all the games in the season-he probably leads the scoring race by a lot and probably that would have sparked even NHL interest...as it is I wonder if any NHl team might still look at the production numbers in his career and figure there must be "something' there and take a flyer on him.. If he has come bac to hockey re-dedicated,then some team could get a bargain taking that flyer on him ...
Natural goal scorers are hard to find..his stats in his careerplaying in the Jr,leagues suggest he can be such a sniper...

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Looks like it won't be. :laugh:

He came out of retirement a little over a month ago and made his Allsvenskan debut yesterday vs. Borås.
He was scoreless but his coach said he did well.

Not surprising. I imagine he left hockey, discovered the the real world is way less fun than playing professionally, and decided he actually did have the motivation to play.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Actually the Tingsryds Senior team playin inthe Allsvenskan alled him up for a game yesterday..Don't know if it was just a 1 game emergency need or will continue for more games on trial as they try to upgrade their place in the standings and keep from droping to the bottom two by year end such that they won't have to play a qualifier to remain in the league for next season ..so it may be a few games on trial to see if he can help them...PLayed on the 3rd line that game..no points..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad