GDT: 2/8/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Anaheim VS Tampa Bay

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Sucks that Bishop gave up two late, because he had a really good night until then. Hell of a game for Boyle. Who would have thought that a 4th liner would be one of our best players this year!

Although, congrats to Brewer for his goal. Might as well be against us hahaha.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
On another note, Buffalo scored 2 on 10 shots tonight... So Halak had one of the oddest winning lines you will see in a while.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The very fact that yours can ramble, i.e. Put words together in some semblance of english, makes him better than ours. We love ours though and we'll miss Chief once we're handed an antiseptic replacement next season.

As he reaches the end of his Color Commentary Career, the number of ****s given approaches zero. He's been amusing because of that.

Chief is leaving? I haven't been able to catch every game but when did this happen?

Edit: I wonder if Dinger or Andy would take over. I'd love to see what Chris could do but Andy I'm kind of "ehh" about.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I like that this team shows up when there's a serious challenge. Just wish they would respect some of the teams below them more often!

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I'm happy we won, but that seemed to be because Anaheim was baffled by our speed and quickly fell apart. Their effort was all clutch and grab, hook and hold. We got around them.

The one thing that really stood out for us was our first line. Everything seemed to fall into place for them (they combined for 2g, 5a) and we'll be very dangerous if that continues.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm happy we won, but that seemed to be because Anaheim was baffled by our speed and quickly fell apart. Their effort was all clutch and grab, hook and hold. We got around them.

The one thing that really stood out for us was our first line. Everything seemed to fall into place for them and we'll be very dangerous if that continues.

When Stamkos gets dirty that line seems to do very well. I think at this point Stamkos needs to adjust his game a little. Stamkos with 4 blocked shots tonight, don't know if we want out top goal scorer blocking shots but it will certainly help in those GA woes.

Looking at the two goals, first one Cally makes a great play to throw a pass in front of net, and look who is there, Stamkos, who deflects a pass to Flip who has plenty of room to cash in for a goal. The 2nd goal, a play on the rush, reminded me a little of the Ottawa game back in November, a 2 on 1 rush, same results except the goal was much dirtier since it happened right in front of the crease.

I think we let this line run, they have had some strong games, and they are getting more consistent now in being a threat to score.

Can't rely on just TKO to win games. Our core veteran guys are stepping up and it shows how much depth we have on this team.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/lightning-rookie-witkowski-mixes-it-up/2216934
Former Lightning C Nate Thompson said it was weird passing his old locker room and heading into the visitor's side Sunday, his first game at Amalie Arena since getting traded in late June.

"I've got all kinds of emotions," Thompson.

Thompson, 30, who played five seasons in Tampa Bay, said he had lunch with D Matt Carle and D Radko Gudas Saturday, and texted C Steven Stamkos a happy birthday.

While Tampa will always be a second home to Thompson, the initial shock of the trade — for a fourth- and seventh-round pick — wore off quickly as he has fit in well with the Ducks. Plus, his wife Cristin is expecting their first child in May.

"It's been an easy transition," he said.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Coop post-game:

[NHL]747677&catid=55[/NHL]

Bish, Boyle, Coop post-game:

[NHL]747682&catid=55[/NHL]

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I was at the game last night, and man oh man was it a great game. The offense came to play and the team really stepped up with their physicality from the night before. Drouin, Connoly, and Kucherov were even throwing some nice checks. Also someone got engaged sitting right in front and me and that was pretty cool. If it was anyone on the forums I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I was at the game last night, and man oh man was it a great game. The offense came to play and the team really stepped up with their physicality from the night before. Drouin, Connoly, and Kucherov were even throwing some nice checks. Also someone got engaged sitting right in front and me and that was pretty cool. If it was anyone on the forums I wish you the best of luck!

Did that woman say yes? They showed it on the big screen during kiss cam but I didn't notice her say yes.

Fred89

Jun 8, 2011
Milan
Great effort by the guys, missed the 3rd just finished watching!
Anyway Stralman needs to stop scoring on his own damn, this one was bad like the one that hit on his skate a few weeks ago :D

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
She did it, but the camera feed cut off so quickly. Yes she say yes, but they didn't show it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad