2Fzu7zQ.png

gcYgsDg.png

pq3lOTZ.png

[nhl]2013020279-437-h[/nhl]

RlQDYzR.png

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Hopefully the team will come out ready to play from the puck drop this game and not have another 1st period like we had last night. I'm cautiously optimistic about the game since they only played 40 minutes last night so they can't say that they are as tired as they would have been if they played 60. I'm also curies about which goalie we will see tonight but I'm sure whoever we choose he will be ready and do a good job.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hopefully the team will come out ready to play from the puck drop this game and not have another 1st period like we had last night. I'm cautiously optimistic about the game since they only played 40 minutes last night so they can't say that they are as tired as they would have been if they played 60. I'm also curies about which goalie we will see tonight but I'm sure whoever we choose he will be ready and do a good job.

We have to score the first goal. We have a talented enough roster to be able to beat any team in the NHL, it is just the question of showing up or not.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Anaheim isn't anywhere near as good as their record indicates. They are Montreal West. Literally.

St Louis is a much much better team and you saw what we did with them, sans the score, if we actually play our game.

Same thing with the Kings, we let them slow things down and play their style and we lost. Play TBs game and not the opponents and you win. Guaranteed.

On a side note, this team is gonna be amazing when Yzerman brings in that one top 4 dman before the deadline. He's gonna do it. And once healthy and with that addition this team is serious. Gonna be exciting.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why are we even playing again today? We have played the most games in the league already not sure why we are still having back to backs. We need a week off so all the other teams can catch up, we look good in the standings but everyone behind us have several games in hand.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why are we even playing again today? We have played the most games in the league already not sure why we are still having back to backs. We need a week off so all the other teams can catch up, we look good in the standings but everyone behind us have several games in hand.

We have a 4 day break coming up at the end of this month.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Im glad to see Barberio's maturity in those words. I like seeing players who admit mistakes, and hopefully they will learn from them.

This game is either going to be ugly for us, or a close win. I don't see us scoring much tonight, but I sure can see them scoring a lot...

If Bish starts, he is going to have to put together a win for us. I dont think the defense will help him much right now.

And I must say, we have had bad scheduling this year. Here we are, another back to back and we have 2-3 games up on Detroit and Montreal. Why the hell arent everyone else playing more games?

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Given how many games in hand MTL and DET have on us, I won't be surprised if we're sitting 3rd in the division at the end of this month. Especially with our AHL defense.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We only have one more set of b2b after this month (March 30th @ MTL and March 31st @ TML) so that will be nice but who knows about these schedules, even if every team will have played 82 games at the end of the season they could have been more even, maybe that every team had played the same amount of games by Christmas as well so things aren't this loopsided.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think no team should be up more then 2 games on anyone else. When you have 3-4 games in hand it makes the standings somewhat pointless. There's an 82 game season, you can have every team play every other day between the beginning of October and the end of March with no problems. Would be able to start the playoffs earlier that way too so they don't go to June.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I think no team should be up more then 2 games on anyone else. When you have 3-4 games in hand it makes the standings somewhat pointless. There's an 82 game season, you can have every team play every other day between the beginning of October and the end of March with no problems. Would be able to start the playoffs earlier that way too so they don't go to June.

Unfortunately most arenas have lots of other engagements going on. Schedules are made with that in mind. Other teams will be caught up with us in games by the end of the month. Then it's a sprint to the end.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Since the team didn't have any practice today I'm guessing the line-up will be somewhat the same as last game. The only question is who we'll have in net.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I don't exactly have high hopes with that Syracuse Lightning defense, but I'm still hoping for a good game.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
According to our beat writer these are the lines:

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Beleskey-Rakell-DSP
Maroon-Thompson-Jackman

Fowler-Brewer
Lindholm-Beauchemin
Stoner-Vatanen

Think Thompson will get any cheers?

I'd be surprised if not. He was a fan favorite around here for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad