Post-Game Talk: 2/7/14 - Hawks @ Yotes: meh performance gets a meh title

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Once upon a time this season, another poster (flapjacks?) requested incorporation of Tool in a GDT. Well today is your lucky day. (Sort of... because I originally thought I'd do this against LA and I forgot about this until now and thus can only post this GDT from my phone and thus put in this mediocre GDT effort)

But for now enjoy the greatest comedian ever Bill Hicks, whose comedy album "Arizona Bay"

inspired this song, "Aenema" by Tool.

Let's go :hawks:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
What are the lines tonight? S+T+H intact as line #1; Versteeg Rehin Saad as line #2? Bickell Shaw Brookbank or Kostka as.line #3..Bollig Kruger Smith intact as line 4? Of course if Versteeg Regin Saad go wild and combine for 3 goals as a line,they may have to re-think about why that worked and maybe dropping Kane to line 3 when he gets back after the break.. IF line 2 fails and goes -3 each then it is on to plan B.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Im actually sort of excited to see Regin play. I don't know much about him, but it is always interesting to see how new guys fit.
As long as he doesn't start doing stupid **** and if he plays an okay defensive game, it'll be a good first game for him I guess.
OR he can put up 3 goals and become a late-blooming superstar :sarcasm:

Nothingman*

Hells Yeah! If I wasn't at work meetings that week in March I would take vacation and see every flipping show out west. It should be mandatory that everyone gets their mind blown by Tool at least once. Thanks for the the Tool fix on a Friday!!!!! The Grudge kicks ever living ass.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Hells Yeah! If I wasn't at work meetings that week in March I would take vacation and see every flipping show out west. It should be mandatory that everyone gets their mind blown by Tool at least once. Thanks for the the Tool fix on a Friday!!!!! The Grudge kicks ever living ass.

Saw them at Lolla a few years back. Despite being at a festival, they rocked.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Im actually sort of excited to see Regin play. I don't know much about him, but it is always interesting to see how new guys fit.
As long as he doesn't start doing stupid **** and if he plays an okay defensive game, it'll be a good first game for him I guess.
OR he can put up 3 goals and become a late-blooming superstar :sarcasm:

I'm interested in seeing what Regin can do on the 3rd line too.

Just from surfing these boards I don't think the expectations are too high…Drew LeBlanc was getting much more hype.

member 151739

Sorry HGF, but this is the worst GDT ever. Only because Tool is the musical equivalent of lambs getting beaten to death. Not because of you at all. You always do great work.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Regin is not all that great. I don't think anyone should be expecting much, if anything at all, from him.

I think he will have trouble beating out a rested Handzus, tbh; and perhaps that's the strategy. Keep Zus fresh yet still have a responsible veteran to fill in. In the PO's Zus takes over FT. That sounds like Q alright, and it does make some sense - it is one of the luxuries of coaching such talent.

CertainAffinity*

Interested to see what happens this game. With Kane out, the 2nd line is pretty much completely unthreatening, so pretty much everything Phoenix has is going to be directed toward shutting down the top line.

This would be a good night for Shaw and Bickell to break out of their slumps.

Bickell has actually played well since returning from being benched (the first time), but he's been rewarded for that with minimal ice-time. Q doesn't seem to trust him right now, even when his possession numbers are great and he's passing the eye test.

CertainAffinity*

Technical skill absolutely means something.

If this was the case, Punk as a genre would have never been a thing.

That said, both technically and musically, Tool is one of the top 10 bands in the world right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad