Injury Report: 2/5 Nieto

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
How are we not leading in man games lost? Burish 52 games, torres 53 games, couture 14 games, boyle 7 games, hertl 20+ games, and then countless other game here game there type injuries. Oh and i nearly missed havlat 20+ games.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
How are we not leading in man games lost? Burish 52 games, torres 53 games, couture 14 games, boyle 7 games, hertl 20+ games, and then countless other game here game there type injuries. Oh and i nearly missed havlat 20+ games.

Throw in burns as well we are easily over 200. I know wings have been banged up we are easily in the top 5

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Throw in burns as well we are easily over 200. I know wings have been banged up we are easily in the top 5

San Jose is 7th

Pittsburgh-337 games
Ducks-259 games
Detroit-245 games
Columbus-235 games
Carolina-234 games
Edmonton-222 games
San Jose-221 games

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Who is the strength and conditioning coach?

why? are you trying to imply that the sharks just aren't doing enough strength training?

the only 1 i can think of that even remotely falls into that category is havlat, but then again he gets injured from just waking up in the morning it seems.

the injuries so far have been burish, bad back (most hockey players have this issue at one point or another in there career or just after retiring). burns busted up mouth from 2 high sticks, boyle concussion from being checked from behind, hertl knee/leg from a knee on knee hit, torres knee/leg from also i believe a leg on leg check, couture hand from (no idea how his happened), havlat (read above lol).

those are the major ones, every other player to miss games has been just nagging injuries that they needed rest days from them (which happens to all teams especially the checking line players like sheppard, wingels, desi, brown).

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
You say this every time there is an injury. How would Mike Potenza prevent 2 torn MCLs, Martin Havlat, Boyle getting his head smashed and Nieto hurting his foot from blocking a shot.

Jump onto the ice and thrown himself head first into Brown's knee causing brown to tear his ACL and Hertl to fall innocently to the ice.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
As long as whatever it is can be healed in exactly 21 days... we're good.

Rest up Matty!

Exactly. This break couldn't come soon enough. If Nieto, Couture, Torres, Demers, and Kennedy are all back after the break the Sharks will be a drastically different team then they have been the last week or two. Also based on some of the guy's play recently, even if they are not hurt I think they could use a break.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Aahhhh 13 games out of too 5 close enough. Pretty amazing with Pittsburg and Anaheim though.

The question is are most of those teams missing key players like Burns, Couture, Torres, Havlat, Hertl though. I doubt it. I'd love a look at mangame lost purely top-9 forwards and top-4 D, I bet the Sharks would be near the top then.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
The question is are most of those teams missing key players like Burns, Couture, Torres, Havlat, Hertl though. I doubt it. I'd love a look at mangame lost purely top-9 forwards and top-4 D, I bet the Sharks would be near the top then.

That was my point earlier when I said sharks are near the top of the league. Just looking at it with Anaheim Pitt leading each conference and in man games is still crazy. I doubt many if any have lost the quality of player which is more important then man games for a 10 11 12 forward 3rd pairing. I agree with you. When you consider if we are lucky hertl will have miss 40 games raffi 50 couture burns 15 a piece Boyle officially 7 but watching him play we know that number is far greater. Havlat 20 plus. Then Kennedy wingels nieto Shepp have missed a handful of games.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Conventional wisdom is that injured players come back with a full gas of tank, rested and ready, and dominate in the playoffs. Or, that injured players come back out-of-groove and not-in-shape, and struggle in the playoffs. The latter is what happened to the Sharks in 2009.

Knowing their luck, that is what will happen again.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
That was my point earlier when I said sharks are near the top of the league. Just looking at it with Anaheim Pitt leading each conference and in man games is still crazy. I doubt many if any have lost the quality of player which is more important then man games for a 10 11 12 forward 3rd pairing. I agree with you. When you consider if we are lucky hertl will have miss 40 games raffi 50 couture burns 15 a piece Boyle officially 7 but watching him play we know that number is far greater. Havlat 20 plus. Then Kennedy wingels nieto Shepp have missed a handful of games.

At one point, Pitt was missing all 6 opening day dmen and they have missed their #1 and #2 dmen together for several games. They probably lead the league in quality of loss. They were also without Malkin for about 10 games.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
At one point, Pitt was missing all 6 opening day dmen and they have missed their #1 and #2 dmen together for several games. They probably lead the league in quality of loss. They were also without Malkin for about 10 games.

Thanks I assume the sharks were close to the top in that regard. To lazy to look it all up but sharks are def not 7th when you talk about quality

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Conventional wisdom is that injured players come back with a full gas of tank, rested and ready, and dominate in the playoffs. Or, that injured players come back out-of-groove and not-in-shape, and struggle in the playoffs. The latter is what happened to the Sharks in 2009.

Knowing their luck, that is what will happen again.

Well Couture and Torres have been practicing and skating so if they look as good as Burish did physically then the Sharks should be fine.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Pittsburgh's had some **** injuries, but Anaheim? Like 40% of those man-games lost is Sheldon Souray.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad