GDT: 2/5/15 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I disagree. We played decently enough in the first and were terrible for two thirds of the second but they played well in the third.

They came away with the better possession numbers too.

It wasn't pretty but TB played well enough to win. It wasn't like we were St Louis from Tuesday where we didn't belong in the game whatsoever.

FUGLY win. Vasya kept the team in the game enough to give them a chance. Glad the team woke up a bit in the 3rd and took 2 points from a team they should beat. They're not all going to be Rembrandts and I'm happy that the Bolts found a way to win that game when given the opportunity. That 2nd period was, as DFC said, top 5 worst this season.

They got the points they deserved to get from STL the night before, hehe. Had they mimicked the effort given in the STL game against DAL, this game would have looked completely different. Would have been a woodshed ass whipping for DAL. The problem is, DAL is so unstructured they're unorthodox in how they play and that can give teams fits if you fall into their pond hockey rush hockey. Kinda like if you try to play the Oilers in their style instead of yours, the Oilers can give you fits. Same thing with Dallas imo.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have faith the old men on the top line will find chemistry by necessity since Cooper seems to have them stuck together with super glue.

I think the top line is more than fine, think people are being a little too critical of them.

Let Stamkos have his castoffs. It's a free country. lol.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
God - imagine Lindback v. Nabokov.

We would've broken the ****ing scoreboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
"NHL goal scorer JT Brown"

Oh BTW, what's your preference? Brown on the 4th or Connolly? I really think Brown's speed and hustle is a good addition to that line. I'd like to see them try 23-11-14 for a while but that will never happen.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Oh BTW, what's your preference? Brown on the 4th or Connolly? I really think Brown's speed and hustle is a good addition to that line. I'd like to see them try 23-11-14 for a while but that will never happen.

I like Brown over Connolly on 4th, but that's because I really don't care if the 4th line ever scores (...Okay, that's an exaggeration.). I think it's better to have a defensively responsible 4th line that's tough for other teams to play against.

Connolly's been good there, don't get me wrong. It's the one place he has been good. And the extra offense has come in handy since our top line is so prone to going cold. But I like our 4th line best when it operates as more of a shutdown line. And I think Connolly's being wasted there, and it's very likely hurting a good career he'd be having elsewhere.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I like Brown over Connolly on 4th, but that's because I really don't care if the 4th line ever scores (...Okay, that's an exaggeration.). I think it's better to have a defensively responsible 4th line that's tough for other teams to play against.

Connolly's been good there, don't get me wrong. It's the one place he has been good. And the extra offense has come in handy since our top line is so prone to going cold. But I like our 4th line best when it operates as more of a shutdown line. And I think Connolly's being wasted there, and it's very likely hurting a good career he'd be having elsewhere.

Connolly can do everything Brown can do but way better. The only thing Brown has is more speed but Connolly isn't Morrow he has decent wheels. Brown isn't a defensive beast, Connolly hits and scores more, there is no reason to have Brown over Connolly. Brown over Morrow I am ok with when we aren't playing a physical team.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Connolly. He's playing more gritty and has the sick snipe

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'd rather have Connolly because he actually scores, but him and Brown together could be good, though Morrow seems to have a knack for finding Brett.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
So me and my girlfriend will be there tomorrow, we're noobs. So wondering where the best place to park is and place to hangout. We plan on getting down there early, possibly try to get some autographs. Any suggestions welcome, thanks!

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
So me and my girlfriend will be there tomorrow, we're noobs. So wondering where the best place to park is and place to hangout. We plan on getting down there early, possibly try to get some autographs. Any suggestions welcome, thanks!

There are a lot of random parking lots leading up to the Arena that you can pay anywhere from 5-20 dollars. I don't know exactly how they do this when you're down there early, but when I went to the Cbus game there were parallel parking spots that you didn't have to pay to park in (it was after 6P) but make sure you check the with the little parking machine! Be prepared to walk a little bit.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Connolly is hands down better than Brown. Brown is all heart, fast skater, a likable bloke but his hockey sense is actually brutal. Connolly is not only more reliable but knows also how to spend the maximum time in the offensive zone. That's all you need from a 4th liner. I would even question whether Connolly is not one of the top 4th liner in the nhl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad