GDT: 2/5/13 "Winterpeg, Manisnowba" - Panthers VS Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

redrising.jpg

Tonight Your Defending Southeast Division Champion Florida Panthers take on the Winnipeg Jets! Game time at 8:00 EST live from MTS Centre!

mts-centre.jpg

The Sound of Winter

TV: Live on FSFlorida and Center Ice/Gamecenter.
Internet/Radio: Listen Live on NHL Gamecenter

:panthers

VS

:jets

[fieldset=Standings]
Florida:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
3|5 |0 |6

Winnipeg:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
3|4|1|7
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Injuries]
Winnipeg:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Zach Bogosian |2013-01-07| on injured reserve and is out indefinitely| right wrist surgery
Antti Miettinen |2013-01-15| on injured reserve| upper body
Dustin Byfuglien| 2013-02-05 |questionable for Tuesday's game against Florida| lower body

Florida:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Michael Caruso| 2013-01-23 |on injured reserve and is out indefinitely |broken wrist
Sean Bergenheim |2013-01-17 |undisclosed |undisclosed
Erik Gudbranson |2013-01-17| making trip to Winnipeg, may play| undisclosed
Ed Jovanovski|2013-01-31|day to day|knee
Scottie Upshall| 2013-02-01| on injured reserve| ankle
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
Winnpeg:
LW |C| RW
Evander Kane|Olli Jokinen|Blake Wheeler
Andrew Ladd|Nik Antropov|Bryan Little
Alexei Ponikarovsky|Alex Burmistrov|Mark Scheifele
James Wright|Jim Slater |Chris Thorburn

LD|RD
Tobias Enstrom|Ron Hainsey
Mark Stuart|Zach Redmond
Grant Clitsome|Paul Postma

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Tomas Fleischmann|Stephen Weiss|Kris Versteeg
Jonathan Huberdeau|Drew Shore|Peter Mueller
Tomas Kopecky|Marcel Goc|Alex Kovalev
Shawn Matthias|Jerred Smithson|George Parros

LD|RD
Brian Campbell|Filip Kuba
Dmitry Kulikov|Mike Weaver
Tyson Strachan|Keaton Ellerby
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders (Subject To Change)]
Winnipeg:
5337.gif

Ondrej Pavelec
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
7|2|4|1|3.55| .888|0

VS.

Florida:
0198.gif

Jose Theodore
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
7|3|4|0| 3.33 | .896|0
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
Winnipeg:
W |Ondrej Pavelec |2
L| Ondrej Pavelec| 4
GAA| Ondrej Pavelec |3.55
G |Andrew Ladd| 3
A| Tobias Enstrom| 9
+/-| Nik Antropov |2
PIM |Chris Thorburn| 27

Florida:
W |Jose Theodore| 3
L| Jose Theodore| 4
GAA| Jose Theodore| 3.33
G| Peter Mueller |4
A |Tomas Fleischmann| 5
+/-| Shawn Matthias| 2
PIM| Keaton Ellerby| 36
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Special Teams]
Winnipeg:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
23.5%|11th|59.3%|30th

Florida:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
23.7%|10th|77.1%|20th
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=News And Notes]
"We're starting to come as a team a bit more now and have faith in coming back," said Campbell, who had the go-ahead goal in the third Sunday. "Earlier in the season, we didn't have a whole lot of faith and confidence. But now we're starting to see our team develop."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/fla
George Richards' Blog of the Miami Herald:Your Source For Reliable, Early Panthers Info!
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Primary Target]
1297370142454_ORIGINAL.jpg

James Wright, former Panther property, made it far into training camp until he was sent down just before the season started. However, he had to clear waivers and was subsequently picked up by division rival Winnipeg. He's now made their team and made his presence felt last game by fighting Scottie Upshall after a questionable hit by the Panther forward. The fight put Upshall on the IR after he landed awkwardly on his leg/ankle.​
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Red Hot Cat Of The Night]
Peter-Mueller-Florida-Panthers.jpg

Peter Mueller, who has scored in 4 straight games, stands tied in leading the Panthers in goals.​
[/fieldset]

Last Game VS. Jets

Last Game Played

Tonight...
1297371291505_ORIGINAL.jpg

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

Last edited:

CoolburnIsGone

Since Weaver is kinda nursing a minor injury, I could definitely see him sitting and letting Gudbranson playing in this game. He may be necessary too with the size on their forwards like Wheeler, Jokinen, Ladd, Antropov, Kane, & Ponikarovsky. Also I saw that there's a strong possibility that Scheifele isnt going to play tonight too.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Good work on the GDT PR (other than game time)!

Guds played last night (I believe) and is flying in to meet the team later today. He should be in game shape. Weaver should get the night off if he has any nagging injuries.

Looking forward to a good game tonight. Versteeg has had some good games in Winnipeg so I hope that he continues the trend!

Go PANTHERS!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The key will be puck possession in their zone to draw penalties and capitalizing on our good PP vs their horrendous PK.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Winnipeg will come out hungry after an embarassing road trip which we helped with a 6-3 win. I'd like to see Weaver scratched so Guddy can make his season debut, I feel he would add some much needed toughness on D and be full of energy. Weaver cost us a goal against Buffalo and should have a maintenance day.

I hope Markstrom will get the call soon enough, I'd really like to see where he's at with his confidence and ability. If he isn't called up to play on this road trip, 11 games will played and thats almost a 1/4 of the season.

Markstrom will need 5-8 games this season to sharpen his skills and with Theo becoming a UFA and Clem signed for one more year, what is the plan for next season?

I wouldnt be comfortable with Markstrom and Clemmensen as the tandem next year. Theo and Markstrom for next year would help me sleep at night. I say Clem needs a couple starts and hopefully he can do well enough to spark some interest from a team at the trade deadline.

Re-sign Theo in the off-season and have him play 50-60 with Markstrom backing him up playing a good 20-30. How long are we going to wait until he's playing at least 40+ games?

Hope the "Young Gun" line of Mueller-Shore-Huberdeau can keep clicking as well as our top line and with the return of #44 to add a spark to the D, Theo should have a decent showing as he has all year so far.

Let's go Panthers!!

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
They're not going to call up Markstrom while both goalies are healthy, there's no point.

So far as next season, I'm sure Tallon has an idea, I'd rather Theo as well, but the team trusts Clemmer.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Winnipeg will come out hungry after an embarassing road trip which we helped with a 6-3 win. I'd like to see Weaver scratched so Guddy can make his season debut, I feel he would add some much needed toughness on D and be full of energy. Weaver cost us a goal against Buffalo and should have a maintenance day.

I hope Markstrom will get the call soon enough, I'd really like to see where he's at with his confidence and ability. If he isn't called up to play on this road trip, 11 games will played and thats almost a 1/4 of the season.

Markstrom will need 5-8 games this season to sharpen his skills and with Theo becoming a UFA and Clem signed for one more year, what is the plan for next season?

I wouldnt be comfortable with Markstrom and Clemmensen as the tandem next year. Theo and Markstrom for next year would help me sleep at night. I say Clem needs a couple starts and hopefully he can do well enough to spark some interest of a team at the trade deadline.

Re-sign Theo in the off-season and have him played 50-60 with Markstrom backing him up getting a good 20-30. How long are we going to wait until he's playing at least 40+ games?

Hope the "Young Gun" line of Mueller-Shore-Huberdeau can keep clicking as well as our top line and with the return of #44 to add a spark to the D, Theo should have a decent showing as he has all year so far.

Let's go Panthers!!

Don't know how Markstrom can get called up while both these goalies are healthy.

Can't "showcase" clemmer while we are digging out of a hole here.

Agree would be much happier next yr with theo Markstrom tandem, but I'm over the babying Markstrom thing and for sure next yr can't see why he can't play 50 games.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
They're not going to call up Markstrom while both goalies are healthy, there's no point.

So far as next season, I'm sure Tallon has an idea, I'd rather Theo as well, but the team trusts Clemmer.

Well obviously the season is young so Theo still gets time, but if his numbers continue to slide I wouldn't be surprised to see a day-to-day injury land him on the IR :laugh:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Well obviously the season is young so Theo still gets time, but if his numbers continue to slide I wouldn't be surprised to see a day-to-day injury land him on the IR :laugh:

Clemmenson isn't a very good goalie. Regardless of days between games, he should have at least started 1 game minimal. He's been awful in the two games he's played. That five hole is as big as ever.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

How many times have we both posted the same thing within seconds :laugh::laugh::laugh:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

I think Clemmer is gone at the trade deadline or offseason, for another backup that's a UFA after this year.

That is if any team wants Clemmer. :laugh:

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I remember watching a Mike Santos interview before the season- he had said they brought Clemmer back because they loved how the tandem worked out last year, BUT would not hesitate to call Markstrom up if they were to struggle this season.

I'm actually surprised Marky wasnt called up during the big losing streak.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Fialkov says that he thinks Clemmensen is starting. I can't totally disagree if that is the case. Theo might be a bit fatigued by the way he let in some goals over the last few games that he would typically save. It'll give Clemmer another chance to rebound. We'll see what happens closer to gametime.

The main thing I think the Panthers have to do tonight is take advantage of their PPs with the Jets having the worst PK in the league. Get the top line going so the bottom lines don't have to use as much effort. They did well last game against Winnipeg matching up in the physical department, so that will have to stay the same. he Jets are going to try to get out of their recent funk and I think the 1st period will determine a lot.

I also really hope Guds plays. I'm sure the guy can't wait to play his first NHL game in over nine months. I actually would scratch Weaver due to some recent mistakes. I think I saw reading that he wasn't in practice either today or yesterday as a precaution?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd rather Theo playing against a pissed of Jets team than a cooled off Clemmensen. Give Clemmensen some redemption against Philly who lit him up for 4 goals.

:yo:WE WANT #44!!!:yo:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I think Clemmer is gone at the trade deadline or offseason, for another backup that's a UFA after this year.

That is if any team wants Clemmer. :laugh:

I'd guess the same, Theo and Markstrom just makes too much sense. Someone likely will, he's a good enough back up.

I remember watching a Mike Santos interview before the season- he had said they brought Clemmer back because they loved how the tandem worked out last year, BUT would not hesitate to call Markstrom up if they were to struggle this season.

I'm actually surprised Marky wasnt called up during the big losing streak.

Everyone was playing bad, except Theo. Even for just a shake up they probably didn't want him up for that

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Why would Clemmensen play tonight? I don't mean to start the war on this guy again, but I simply do not like or trust him in goal. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad