Proposal: #2/3 D-Man to NYR

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I think Cody Fransson is a consolation pick for the Rangers. Maybe Shane Doan too. Other than that, it will likely be the offseason. And a busy one at that too

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
As a Kings fan, with our cap hell, Id want a player like Hayes instead of Stepan, because of current contract, plus will be an RFA not a UFA after next year.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Stepan for Martinez+

OR

Stepan+ for Muzzin

I don't really see a fit with Stepan, a 50ish point (22goal career high) C that's poor on the dot, getting paid 6.5 mill till 20/21.

That would probably translate to 15 goals in a kings jersey if we're lucky.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't really see a fit with Stepan, a 50ish point (22goal career high) C that's poor on the dot, getting paid 6.5 mill till 20/21.

That would probably translate to 15 goals in a kings jersey if we're lucky.

To be fair, as far as his career highs, he missed significant time in two seasons. One being a lockout and one being freak accident.

That's why we call him "the 60 point center that's never hit 60 points"

He'll have 60 this year unless there's suddenly a lockout or somebody breaks his leg in practice again.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
To be fair, as far as his career highs, he missed significant time in two seasons. One being a lockout and one being freak accident.

He'll have 60 this year unless there's suddenly a lockout or somebody breaks his leg in practice again.

Ha, I like that.

I think Muzzin could be "had" with the emergence of Forbort and Gravel (to an extent) and it's probably not a bad time to acquire him since he is having an off year, I just don't think that this trade would make sense from a kings POV.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

At least you guys add the second part for clarity, unlike some Leafs fans and their 30+30 power winger JVR.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers should call up Graves, sit Girardi. AV has this dumb, love affair with playing 3 righty, 3 lefty defenseman. Moronic. Just play the best 6 defenseman you can.

No, Rangers should let Graves finish the year and continue developing. His shot at making the NHL should be next year, not this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad