Proposal: 2/3 Center to LA

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
What options are there out there for a tweener 2/3 center. I'm after someone cheapish to acquire, either a vet on an expiring contract or a cheap kid needing a shot elsewhere. I'm not looking to give up much more than a 2nd round pick / prospect. I'd reluctantly offer up Martinez for a longterm option that is the right fit.

Hit me.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Sodo. Guy is having a brutal time in Colorado, but he's still a good hockey player - he just needs to get out from under Bednar. The issue is his contract. Other than that... Not really sure who would be available at this point in time. Some teams have someone who fits the description... but most will not move those guys, as they need them for the very same reasons you (LA) wants them.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Sodo. Guy is having a brutal time in Colorado, but he's still a good hockey player - he just needs to get out from under Bednar. The issue is his contract. Other than that... Not really sure who would be available at this point in time. Some teams have someone who fits the description... but most will not move those guys, as they need them for the very same reasons you (LA) wants them.

I just don't see how the Kings can take on a $4.75 million contract for three years.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
you won't be getting anyone who can play a 2nd line role that isn't overpaid, or has term left, for a 2nd rd pick.

maybe a guy like plekanec with some $$$ retained?
frans nielsen fits ther bill but that salary and cap hit arent great

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Filppula for a 2nd is very reasonable, but the Flyers aren't in a selling position at this point. 5 metro teams likely make the playoffs this year.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
How about Brock Nelson for Alex Martinez? Allows us to deal DeHaan or let him walk as a FA.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I thought Nelson has been playing wing for a while now?

He's playing center this year because the Isles think it was too early to rely on Barzal for the 2nd line slot. Barzal is coming along rapidly and now he might well be ready. Bailey is a natural center who was moved to wing full time last year.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I just don't see how the Kings can take on a $4.75 million contract for three years.

Retain slightly on Gaborik to even out the total dollars and then add an incentive to Colorado.

But as other posters have said... you're not going to get a player who can play a #2C role cheaply unless there's something else going on... aka his contract.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

I don't think that we can handle that contract, too much term that limits our options with doughty's contract

You can have Plekanec for a cheap price.

He's probably a good option, his 6mill expires this year doesn't it? Could form a geriatric line with, gaborik and cammaleri.

you won't be getting anyone who can play a 2nd line role that isn't overpaid, or has term left, for a 2nd rd pick.

maybe a guy like plekanec with some $$$ retained?
frans nielsen fits ther bill but that salary and cap hit arent great

I'm after another option with carts out, doesn't have to be great, contract $ isn't a problem if it expires this year. I did also reluctantly offer martinez for a more permanent fit

Tyler Bozak

How much?

Filppula at 50%....so $2.5 million...is a UFA at seasons end....for that 2nd.

Sounds good

Soderberg 50% retained for a 2nd.

sounds good

Eric Fehr can be had for free...

Has he got anything left in the tank?

The OP is unrealistic as most things on the trade board, but suggesting Fehr doesn't do anything either.

I did also offer Martinez, a top 4 dman should hold enough value for a tweener.

How about Brock Nelson for Alex Martinez? Allows us to deal DeHaan or let him walk as a FA.

Sounds interesting

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Retain slightly on Gaborik to even out the total dollars and then add an incentive to Colorado.

But as other posters have said... you're not going to get a player who can play a #2C role cheaply unless there's something else going on... aka his contract.

I think that we are interested to see what gaborik can do under stevens before moving him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad